Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bulking phase
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:24 pm 
Rabbit

I always had good dealings with them. The whey needs a bit of help flavour-wise but it is cheap and they always have an offer on.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:21 pm 
Gorilla

This ones for vegansludge, MACROS!!!! CALS: 3,509 CARB:419 FAT:100 PROTEIN:260 :)

Still wanting to gain weight

"Don't fall for that crap that people are peddling on the message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your shit in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn't matter" Jim Wendler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:49 pm 
Gorilla

Macros?! Damn, I feel special.

It's funny, though, because I tested the waters this weekend and the only thing I really tracked was my protein intake and I took two days completely off in a row. Haven't done that since I was doing StrongLifts back in October, I think.

IRON MNTN // LOG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:47 am 
Gorilla

vegansludge wrote:

It's funny, though, because I tested the waters this weekend and the only thing I really tracked was my protein intake and I took two days completely off in a row. Haven't done that since I was doing StrongLifts back in October, I think.

I get two days over the weekend off. Monday-Thursday Upper body & Tuesday-Friday lower. I would use deads on a back day but now I use them with ghr & front squats...Seems to be working.

I obviously get why people track macros....If you plan on competing in a bb shows then it's obvious you need a very tight grip on what you eat. I personally just listen to my body but I make sure to get plenty of protein no what my appetite is like. It's a different kettle of fish I think for those of us wanting to basically move a barbell.

Yesterday each time I ate 2 hours later I was hungry, So I ate as my body is clearly using the food due to recovery which is what we are all after....but I certainly wouldn't not eat just because It's not "time", Even if it's just a handful of mixed nuts & dried fruits. Even 150g of dried wholemeal pasta went right through me with veggies, Protein ect....

Out for dinner tonight for valentine's day so really food won't matter for me today (good job it was deadlifting today haha)

"Don't fall for that crap that people are peddling on the message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your shit in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn't matter" Jim Wendler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:13 am 
Gorilla

Tues-14th-Feb Cycle 2 week 2 (3x3)

Appetite was though the roof yesterday, Clearly all the chin ups & military pressing worked well.

Brisk walk, Treadmill sprints for warm ups with foam rolls & lighter sets to finish.

Deadlifts (3x3): 85kg 97.5kg 110kg+5
Front squats (programmed assistance 2x8 1x6): 42.5kg 50kg 57.5kg
GHR: 5x10

Ab circuit: Hanging legs raises, Side bends, Front leg raises, Cable crunches.

Everything again no problem. Ass to the floor on squats. Power rack was positioned weirdly today & I hadn't really notice till my 2nd from last set. Think from now on I'll actaully lift out of the rack in front of it. The frame along the floor is actually quite off putting.

Grip feels like it's improving all the time. Called it a day at 5 reps, Plenty left in the tank & could of carried on....Nice to add a bit of weight to the bar if nothing major.

On another topic I need to maybe start looking into using shakes (with all the nutrition I need from that meal) for work as It's difficult on a day shift during the week, With managers & office staff about to keep going off to eat.

Made up a post workout shake of maize starch, x2 whey, creatine, glutamine & bcaa's.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:40 pm 
Gorilla

Think my backs looking thicker haha

Need to do some front shots but this is a quicky...Compared the this pic of me cooking where I don't actually have a back I'm happy with 8 months of hard work

can see my hemp & soya protein there when I went vegan...Not a good time for me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:38 am 
VBB Moderator Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

You do your front squats cross handed or Oly style?

Image @MiniForklift
WEB: http://www.jimsty.wix.com/strength-vs-size
FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mini-Forklift/161273440616736?ref=hl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:03 am 
Gorilla

I prefer oly, when I cross hand it always pushes against my throat cause my necks quite thick....you?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:09 am 
Gorilla

veggiesasquatch wrote:
vegansludge wrote:

I get two days over the weekend off. Monday-Thursday Upper body & Tuesday-Friday lower. I would use deads on a back day but now I use them with ghr & front squats...Seems to be working.

I obviously get why people track macros....If you plan on competing in a bb shows then it's obvious you need a very tight grip on what you eat. I personally just listen to my body but I make sure to get plenty of protein no what my appetite is like. It's a different kettle of fish I think for those of us wanting to basically move a barbell.

Yesterday each time I ate 2 hours later I was hungry, So I ate as my body is clearly using the food due to recovery which is what we are all after....but I certainly wouldn't not eat just because It's not "time", Even if it's just a handful of mixed nuts & dried fruits. Even 150g of dried wholemeal pasta went right through me with veggies, Protein ect....

I do the 2-days on, 3-days off with PHAT since it fits my work schedule the best. I didn't think it was adding up but I came back feeling so much better after those two days off. I'll probably set up 5/3/1 the same way you have it, though, my two days off in a row will be dependent on my haphazard schedule.

I've become less strict with counting my macros than I was, say, two months ago when I was measuring my food and all of that neurotic shite. Now that I've pretty much figured out what works and doesn't work for me, it's easier just to hit my protein and fill my calories.

Back's looking thick, mate. Definitely can see serious progress.

IRON MNTN // LOG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:54 pm 
VBB Moderator Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

veggiesasquatch wrote:
I prefer oly, when I cross hand it always pushes against my throat cause my necks quite thick....you?

Oly as well for me, really is the best/most optimal way to do them.

Your photos have a real 'Fight Club' fell to them, I think it's the nature of the colours ?! Pretty cool 8)

Image @MiniForklift
WEB: http://www.jimsty.wix.com/strength-vs-size
FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mini-Forklift/161273440616736?ref=hl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:00 pm 
Gorilla

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
veggiesasquatch wrote:

Oly as well for me, really is the best/most optimal way to do them.

Your photos have a real 'Fight Club' fell to them, I think it's the nature of the colours ?! Pretty cool 8)

Haha cheers, I'll be at fight club in my mates basement Sunday.

Few of us get together to train (we all study keysi fighting method) but I stopped for now to concentrate on lifting

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:22 pm 
Elephant

8 months, insanity...

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:50 am 
Gorilla

jungleinthefrunk wrote:
8 months, insanity...

two(ish) years of change. Though a year seriously lifting weight, 8 months of which just generally trying to get stronger (the other 4 months spent treading water)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:56 am 
Gorilla

Thurs-16th-Feb Cycle 2 week 2 (3x3)

Decent night sleep & breakfast before benching today.

Usual warm up for upper body days.

Bench Press: 67.5kg 75kg 85kg+5

Assistance work:
Incline press (programmed assistance 2x8 1x6) 50kg 57.5kg 65kg
Kroc rows: 2x10 16kg 1x28 26kg (all per arm)
Dips, Hammer curls, Hammer strength lat pull.

Blasted though this today. Felt strong on everything I had to hit, Form on benching felt tight as hell. Nothing major again weight wise.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:33 pm 
Gorilla

Friday-17th-feb cycle 2 week 2 (3x3)

Nothing pretty about today's workout. In, required reps & out.

Full of a cold & not much sleep today after working a night.

Usual warmup.

Squats: 87.5kg  100kg 112.5kg

Assistance: 
Good mornings (programmed assistance 2x8 1x6) 45kg 52.5kg 60kg
GHR 5x10

Ab circuit: hanging raises, leg raises, side bends & cable crunch. 

Hanging out my ass hole, could do of not working :/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 27  Next