Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Divamom's online training log
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:21 am 
Manatee

Nada.
Bad binge yesterday; first time in months. Gluten...I stay GF like a few others here..so a take it easy day, and mental from weight gain, but it's not a good thing w/ me, so need to work through that. Maybe tomorrow, as my focus is somewhere else,..and it's rare I don't use the gym or back in the day a long hard one in the canyon. 5 or 6 miler. I have always been
Ike this. I am completely, 100% aware of what I n we'd to do to make right. There, I journaled my training.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:59 pm 
Manatee

45 cardio, stairmill, level 16 --left nano w/ podcasts in car- tried to focus on gratitude and not the the television...God is good--even when he lets the bad things happen.

1/2 cup fresh pineapple
lotsa coffee
2 trilogy kombucha's- officially off limits...a binge
2 boxes glee tangerine gum
big chunka tofu
More pineapple
More tofu- big chunk,...usually a lot per day..too much...like 400 kcal and 50-70 g of protein per day
Vega is ripping my guts up all proteins do eventually and making out on yum almond butter. I have my self control back. The bender was huge. I hate being that down. Too much to do. Will lift tomorrow. I took 2 days cardio off and three days resistance. Re wrote my resume and honing skills...amazing podcasts for careers, and I listen to while working out ...manager-tools is exceptionally awesome for anyone reading and looking or honing career skills. I feel like I am attending mini workshops. Great to keep from being stale.

Box off yummy rice treats 500 calories- dammit- but they don't hurt my stomach
1 container nondairy bio k probiotics
2 tblsp. almond butte/ orgnic jelly
6 rice cakes, 35 cal ea
1 container vanilla soy yogurt 150 cal..
salad tofu ( yummy squares from a deli, Jimbos), like 5 oz

TOO MUCH FOOD

STILL not OK w/ food,

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:09 am 
Manatee

1 rice cake, smidgeon almond butter and jelly
off to gym

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:38 pm 
Elephant

I think binging can be a good thing. Granted, i used to take it way too far and was technically obese a few years ago. But now, with body building, my trainer, who is a natural pro, INSISTS that i have a cheat meal once a week, which is basically a binge. according to him it revs up your metabolism and if i was to skip my cheat meal, it would ultimately hurt my results as far as cutting does. it gives you a chance to eat what you want to satisfy yourself mentally as well as physically, to give your body extra of what if might be craving. after my cheat meal this morning i weighed a 1.2 more pounds than i did yesterday but also went to the bathroom three times within an hour after waking up and having coffee, and i had a great workout. so im not concerned about it sticking to me and you shouldnt be either. i had a chipotle burrito, chips and guac, clif builders, and an apple. last week i had a burrito, chips and clif bar and my trainer was liKE "THAT'S ALL YOU HAD"? HE TELLS me about his cheat meals and they are insane. for the superbowl he had corn bread, chili, paninis, antipasta at least...and whenever he tells me about what he has he goes crazy, but his body fat has remained low and hes competing on March 24. dont bee too hard on yourself. and how much damage can a vegan do on a binge? its not like we eat cholesterol or enormous amounts of saturday fat, and we dont hurt any other creatures doing it. by default we are much more health conscious than most other subcultures anyway. :) i hope this helped. i wonder if anyone will retort and tell me im an idiot...

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:44 pm 
Gorilla

Nice journal my fellow San Diegan. I agree with allowing yourself to go wild once a week on a dinner or something.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:05 pm 
Manatee

thanks and ya, on bingeing..I get so restrictive and its how I roll...severe body dysmporphia somedays..even at 50. If you saw me, you'd wonder what I am complaining about. I am better..I know what I won't be eating again..so so sick

Yeti...I need to get up that way... I was going to pick something up at SDSU Aztec bookstore, but I may order online..when I sold my car, I lost my alumni tag holder..I want one!

coming back...

30 mins in the weight room; I feel like a wuss...fighting depression? I dunno. but funked.
Leg extensions 1 x 10 @55 2 x 12 @70
walking lunges w/ 15 4 x40
squats, easy weight 4 x15, good mojo, not heavy but a workout...70 w/ plates, not barbell..the big boy racks
extensions 4 x 12 @55
hip extensors 2/ 85
poopy workout, but worked through it...feel almost back

post thought: I also did 30 cardio on stair mill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:48 pm 
Manatee

so far, if I go back..as I slept till 5:20 which precludes an early a.m. workout:
100 roman chair sit ups
3 x 10- push ups
3 x 10 assisted pull ups
3 x 12 @80 lat pull downs wide grip
3 x 12 lat pull downs inside grip
45 cardio on stairmill,

I really feel like I was knocked hard...I am not as "on"...over riding all negative is paramount

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:28 am 
Manatee

45 cardio on stairmill, level 16

home listening to podcasts.honing skills. The worst of the binge is over and I am feeling stronger. I feel like I got hit hard by a 2 x 4 for days,...fatigues...mental..I have a big monkey on my back I haven't gotten to budge--my bad.

This is today...I am up 3 - 5 since contest pics; post surgery, lay- off, unemployed, and biggest personal crisis to date
so, my abs at about 10 weeks of not working hard- and my legs are a constant but...my diet has been bad for me, older and gain faaaast. So this is my starting point,..today. Its all part of leaner, meaner and stronger , faster, better as I am now on the other side--I want to tighten my abs an still work on my legs- the goal is to Benjamin Button as I grow older....always a work in progress

will go back to gym this eve and either do more cardio and abs or not at all...not lazy, but things to tend to

Attachments:
feb2012amypic.jpg
feb2012amypic.jpg [ 67.64 KiB | Viewed 1473 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:53 am 
Manatee

Workout part ONE:
35 mins cardio stairmill on 16 interval program
Roman chair sit ups 3 x 50
50 push ups

Went back in eve:
Incline press 3x10 @70
Supine 3x10 70
Dumbbell flys 3x10 w/15
Single arm skull crushers 3x10 w/15
3 x10 assisted dips..light to moderate help
Tri ceps pull/extensions 3x10 w/20 pulley stack
10 on stairmill

Weak and depleted from life's events', but showing up and acting "as if"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:03 pm 
Manatee

45 cardio stairmill, level 16- ho hum,going thru the motions,but this is a good thing!

Part two...possibly. Life may call.

TOO MUCH FOOD.

assisted pull ups 3 x 10
1- arm bent over rows, 3 x 10 w/ 32.5
up right rows on a cybex'y thing, 3 x 10 moderate weight
bent over bicep rows, 3 x 10 with a 50 barbell
bicep curls 3 x 10 with a 30 lb barbell
dumbbel bicep curls 3 x 10, 15# fast and furious, back to back ...veins popping and .... But still lazy and demotivated...so bleh.....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:09 am 
Manatee

Most of the weight i gained is off. Yay.
So far:
3 mins stairmill
Leg extensions 3 x 10 @ 70
Leg press/ instead of squats 3 x 10 @ 100
Walking lunges 4 x 40 w/ 20 # dumbbells
Leg curls 4 x 10 50 #
Butt blaster 3x 10 @100
Seated calf raise 4 x 12 @ still feeling the lazies and just working through it..like back in the day when i woukd say i woukd only run 2 & ended up running 6. Working thru the valley of the i dont want to. I also LOVE my early AM workouts~ sets me up for a good day. Usually

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:21 pm 
Manatee

Hmmm...my insides hurt as well as my intestines are swollen,...again. As I I gained 5 lbs overbite

So far, 4.5 mile at the beach, 1/2 on boardwalk and 1/2 right on the beach on the sand. Because I can. And it was fast, and yesterday was lunges as well as I had a fab massage last night, so my butt was so tight and sore...Love it. I have so much muscle,..when I hurt it's a god thing!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:24 pm 
Elephant

Dayyum you look awesome!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:32 pm 
Manatee

Thanks...I know my loose skin sucks, but so does being 50 and having 3 grown kids. That's me hating my legs..you should see my arms, shoulders and back--I could compete tomorrow. . I hate my thighs, and I feel heavy. I know...crazy. By the way,you look awesome in your cutting, and kudos on the guy. It's always fun to have someone interested.

Last edited by divamom on Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:33 pm 
Elephant

Haha dont know what you are talking about...u can see the veins in your adductors....i need to get me some of those!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next