New year new me

Miss E

New here (obviously) From Australia (I see a few of us Aussies on the board which is always awesome to see). About me well I turn 30 this year and my goal is to look better at 30 than I did at 20. Now that'd be pretty easy if I hadn't of had kids, but 2 wonderful kiddlywinks later my body just isn't what it used to be at all. So this will be quite the challenge for me.

I am new (kinda) to vegan. I was vegetarian and then vegan whilst I was breastfeeding my daughter (she fed till age 2), but that was not really my choice, she had 'issues' with dairy and being vegetarian it made sense for me to go vegan at that time instead of weaning her.

Pre kids I weighed 105lbs (48kg) (a very untoned not at all muscular build). Whilst pregnant I then went up to 207lbs (94kg) + (yeah that kinda sucked). So my last bubba is now 5 years old and I am still struggling to get my body back. I'm currently sitting on 154lbs (70kg). I can shift this weight and will shift this weight before I turn 30 (which is in June).

Was searching the internet for before and after vegan weightloss stories inspiration I discovered this board, and I am glad I did, looks very motivational.

Hi, Miss E! My goal is similar. I just turned 30 a few days ago and I've decided that this is the year that I will FINALLY like the way I look in a bikini. I was chubby until 25, and I've never had any sort of muscle tone since getting my weight down to the 130 lb range. Let's do this together!

Amber

• 1 month later...

Oh that's so dope, to see connections made like that. Its interesting moving into the beginning of 30s. Can be a little scary but also a good landmark to take a look at where you are at and set some goals. There is a wide range of ages on this site which is cool but I like the fact there are so many people around my age as well.

-Dylan