Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Prize Contest #2

robert

Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Prize Contest #2 – February 23, 2012

Hello everyone!

After all the fun contests we offered during The 12 Days of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness and the New You for the New Year Challenge, we felt inspired to offer more contests and prizes that are entirely based on your feedback and opinions of a given topic. Contests are open to everyone.

All of our online fitness challenge prize packages are being shipped out this week (90% have already been shipped) and we wanted to keep the contests and prizes going!

Today's Prize Contest Question:

What is your favorite article featured on http://www.veganbodybuilding.com? Why? This could be any article on the whole site, not just ones featured on the front page.

Here's How to Enter:

1) Post your answer as a reply to this post. (You must be a forum member to post/enter. Not a member yet? Click here: ucp.php?mode=register )

2) A winner will be selected at random from all answers posted by 9:00 PM Pacific on Thursday, February 23, 2012.

PRIZE!

3) Today's winner will receive:

* A container of Vega Sport Pre-Workout Energizer, generously donated by Vegan Essentials - http://www.veganessentials.com.

* A Vega logo Shaker Cup, generously donated by Vega - http://www.vegasport.com

* A Vega Sport product assortment package, generously donated by Vega - http://www.vegasport.com

For more info about Vegan Essentials follow them on Twitter at @VeganEssetials

For more info about Vega, follow them on Twitter at @VegaTeam

Remember, you can't win if you don't play! This contest is open to everyone!

Simply post your reply below to enter. Go!

http://vegasport.com/sites/default/files/prepare-preworkout-active.png?1324684913

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/ve_banner_wide.jpg

Big Thank You to Vegan Essentials and Vega

My favorite article is

Get in Shape and Stay in Shape to wear your Beach Body all year long By Julia Abbott and Robert Cheeke .

Well, it's my favorite, because it offers great advice to help kick start the new year. It addresses my problem of starting the year with the right intentions, but not sticking to it.

It has an awesome smoothie recipe, and a great, short, work out!

I really like the "Plant Based Nutrition – Will I Get Anemic?" article by Derek Tresize.

When I first became vegetarian 20 years ago, I blacked out due to anemia and my doctor told me it was due to lack of meat in my diet. I wasn't prepared to go back to a meat based way of eating so I resolved to spend the rest of life in iron supplements.

Since becoming completely vegan 18 months ago, I've really looked at what I eat and I've pretty much switched to the whole food approach. Since then, my need for supplemental iron has all but disappeared. Just goes to show what the doctor knew, huh? Derek's article is a great reminder of what to eat and how to combine foods to promote the best iron absorption. It's also a useful article to refer people to when they ask me where I get my iron from (after they've asked me where I get my protein from of course!).

My favorite article is 'What To Eat Before & After Exercise.' I struggle with the right times to eat because I don't workout well with food in my stomach but I feel like if I drink a Vega WFHO shake 2 1/2 hours before I workout, I'm usually good, but starving afterwards. I know WFHO doesn't load up on the carbs so I add a bunch of fruit & veg to my smoothie, but I'm still wondering if it's enough carbs.....hmm. The article is great because it helps me to understand the right time to drink a protein shake. It makes such a huge difference when consumed after a workout with a big salad!

My favorite is "Why Vegan" by Derek Tresize. I share the same motivations he states in the article. I also want to show my friends and family that vegans are not weak. My cousin is constantly telling me that you absolutely cannot build muscle on a vegan diet since you will not get enough protein. He also believes that you have to eat meat to be a complete man. I pointed him to this website!

"What To Eat Before And After Exercise".

I was so clueless on this for so long. I used to just run 6 miles on no food and water and feel fine. I tried to do this for strength training and weight lifting when I started and I felt like crap!! I always keep a little fruit with me just in case. The other day it really saved me!! Last thing I need is to be that goofball at the gym who faints from exhaustion.

My article choise is 'Total Body Mass' by Derek Tresize.

I loved his trials with the multi-muscle group workouts- as a crossfitter, I too have to watch 'overtraining', but the varied workouts each day, rather than focusing on just one muscle group, have helped me achieve greater results, and faster, than with a traditional scheduled workout routine.

love the forums and articles, informative, results-based, and from experts who are also working within a cruelty-free lifestyle. It's all inspiring.

Jamessina

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/?page=article_growthprinciples

All the articles on training certain body parts are important to me too, but this one I really enjoyed because I am sooo new to bodybuilding & learned so much about how to do it best from this article.

You guys really spoil us, ya know that? Man oh man do I love these Vega products too lol =)

Edited by Mina

I like two articles from the site. "From Scrawny to Brawny" (for my son). 4/6 of us are vegans and the other 2 are vegetarians. My son is a vegan and is an 86lb 13 yro going on 14 (currently 5'4"). He does eat a lot of meals but his metabolism is something his sisters and I wish we had. He has been bullied by the neighborhood kids because of his size and lost some confidence in socializing. So, he started to lift weights at the YMCA to try building muscle, gain weight, and build confidence. We have not had any success yet, but we're just getting started. This article is a confidence booster for him that it is possible to be scrawny and work hard to be "brawny" while being vegan.

The other article is "What to eat Before and After exercise." Because not only does my son want to get it right, we - as a family need to as well for optimum health.

Hi Robert,

Peronally, I always make a beeline to posts about vegan protein and use of protein shakes. There is a lot of misinformation out there about vegan sources of protein -- I mean, how many times can I hear "Where do you get your protein?" and not go postal on people?? But adding the weight training mix into an already confusing subjects is very helpful to have so many experts discuss. THANKS!

Dave

My favorite article was "What to eat before and after exercise" because I am new to the vegan lifestyle but not weight lifting. It's taking a conscious effort for me to not immediately think PROTEIN - MEAT- EGGS- for gaining mass. This article AND website is holding my hand while I make the complete transition to true veganism! Thank you so much for making it easier for me!!

My favorite article at this point will have to be the total body mass routine by Derek Tresize. I say that because I plan on starting this routine at the beginning of next minto because I have hit a plateau with my current routine and I trust that this will help me gain some mass because he has already done it.

My favorite is "What to eat before and after exercise" by Robert Cheeke. This has definitely helped alot in fine tuning my meals to get the right energy level before my workout and reduced recovery time afterwards. The foods along with some of the supplements mentioned his book do a great job making it easy to get back to the gym the next day!