Partially vegan?

Ojibwa

I am very open and honest about being vegan as well as being Pagan. And living in the midwest they don't understand at all. I explain my reason, get funny looks and get asked well do you at least eat eggs? LOL. Found it is easier to be out of the closet than in and if someone doesn't want to be around me because of my diet or religion, well they know where the door is

You can be vegetarian and still eat meat, Penny is a perfect example

There are a lot of negative remarks here, but I think it is great if a person is 80% vegan. If most non-vegans ate animal products only 20% of the time (equivalent to about six days a month) this would have more of a positive effect on the environment than all current vegans combined, especially if on their non-vegan days these people ate only bio-dynamic or organic animal products. I would think that in the fight for a cleaner environment and less cruelty to animals every little bit counts.

Veganism shouldn't be a cult! If you believe people should be vegans for whatever reason, you should be happy when someone takes the first steps, so lets not be so snobbish about it.

I agree. If someone is taking steps to be completely plant based I would applaud them. Not everyone will drop animal products over night.

But considering it's about a recipe, 80% is definitely not a vegan option.

If you cling to this term "vegan" as an attribute to yourself, you're doing it for the wrong reasons.

Dear sweet baby Jesus, it can't be said enough.

Would have been nice if the woman who was here a few weeks ago proclaiming she was "more vegan than most of us" despite eating meat and eggs would have been able to see this line. Alas, I fear she's moved on to find a new home where people will accept a meat-eating vegan

more vegan than us?? what have I missed ahha someone please link me to this it sounds fantastic!

• 2 months later...

Today I ate at that restaurant and I asked the owner, "how can you claim to be 85% vegan, surely you either cook food that's vegan or you don't?"

He replied, "We have 100 dishes on our menu and 15 of them are vegetarian. The other 85 are vegan dishes."

Makes sense now, just thought I'd let you all know. Cheers MF.