Synny's training journal

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to lose weight but I was feeling sluggish and cranky and constantly craving on the last plan I tried. I am putting fruit back in and putting back in a variety of vegetables. I only take multivit, magnesium and protein powder. And my body has been battling the scale. I am not sure if it is muscle I have put on the past week or what but I managed to put on a couple pounds. Not worried about it cause I think once the cravings stop the weight will start coming off. I noticed it did when I was finishing off the fruit I had so it wouldn't spoil. Plus I am not a creative cooker so tempeh, broccoli, beans and rice got to be really really boring. I need variety of vegetables

not a nutritionsist, but have a few credentials and certs...whats's your current total calorie consumption...you may be plateuing, again, and its your body's way of saying, "Let's mix it up!" Studies show, if/when we become too restrictive, its more harm than good- i.e., cravings, inconsistent and weight gain...so, ...food for thought.

Do you like tofu? I can't stand the texture of tempeh so I never eat it ( blecch- but many say that about tofu), and I do know how tough it is staying gluten free..I am on the same path with that.

Off to do cardio at the beach with my iPod...because I CAN! ( beats the fricken' stairmill!)

Keep the faith and keep looking up---what happened to the pics you were gonna post?

I was getting about 1600-1700 calories a day. I wasn't ever hungry but my body kept telling me it needed more. I went ahead and inputted what I would be eating today and it is 2165. I also noticed that my strength was down and was having a hard time pushing through my reps. I really don't miss the gluten at all since I have found some nice rice noodles Condiments however I have to scan and make sure they are gluten free. I love tofu!!! But for more bang for my buck tempeh beats tofu hands down in protein and price lol. And I actually like tempeh. I save tofu for when I go out to eat as a treat.

Ok so today I didn't feel the need to cheat at all!! Yay!! Didn't hit the gym until 7ish due to sitting at pharmacy waiting to see Nurse Prac about my TB test results.... Missed dinner...... my triceps are talking to me big time tonight

AM: walked dog 20 mins

PM: 45 min cardio elliptical weight loss program

Back/Biceps

Twists: 150 reps each side

Reverse grip pulldown: warmup set 60 lbs 12 reps, 3 sets 90 lbs 12 reps

Lat pulldown: 3 sets 90 lbs 12 reps

1 Arm dumbbell row: 3 sets 30 lbs 15 reps

Close grip pullups: Assisted set to 140 12 reps, set to 130 12 reps, set to 120 10 reps

Alternating bicep curl: warmup set 15 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets 20 lbs 14 reps

Preacher dumbbell curl: warmup set 12 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 12 lbs 14 reps, 1 set 15 lbs 14 reps

Spider curls: 3 sets 20 lbs 15 reps

Twists: 150 each side

Breakfast: 1/2c oats, 1/2 banana, 2 tbsp flaxseed, 2 scoops protein powder

Snack: 1 brown rice cake, carrot cake larabar

Lunch: 3oz spring mix salad w/ 1/3c cranberries, 1/4c walnuts, 1c kidney beans, 1/4 carrot

Split pea soup: 1/4c dry split peas, 1/2 boullion cube, 3/4 carrot, 3 mushrooms, 1 celery stalk

Snack: 1/2 block tempeh, 4oz broccoli, 4oz asparagus sitr fry mix (cauliflower, asparagus, yellow squash, carrots, onions, mushrooms, green beans), 1/2c brown rice cooked together with chinese 5 spice

Post workout: 2 scoops protein powder

Bedtime: 2 scoops protein powder, 4 prunes

Crazy hectic day!!! I think I need to buy a case of Vega bars or Clif bars for days when I am on the run and can't exactly stop to eat......

AM: no cardio

PM: 40 min Turbo Kick, 55 min boot camp

Breakfast: 1/2c oats, 1/2 banana, 2 tbsp flaxseed, 2 scoops protein powder

Snack: 1 brown rice cake, 1 peanut butter and jelly larabar (by far my ultimate fav!!!)

Lunch: 1c kidney beans, 2 oz spring mix salad, 2 tbsp dressing, 1 carrot, 1/4c walnuts, 1/3c cranberries

Snack: 2 vega bars

Post workout: 2 scoops protein powder, clif bar

I know how those busy days go. I always keep bars, fruits, poweders, nuts, etc. with me in the car, in my food bag that joins me when I go to the gym, if I'm going to a meeting, etc.

It really helps to have convenient foods on hand. Vega is great, many others are great too. Nothing like good ol bananas to do the trick too. That's what I use most often.

All the best!

-Robert

Thanks Robert. Yesterday was kind of a surprise hectic day. We just expected 1 doc appointment and then back to the comforts of home so I didn't pack my work lunch accordingly. My client doesn't keep healthy foods around much. So I made a detour to get a couple Vega bars. Today will be a much easier day since we have no appointment planned just cleaning half the house and tending to the plants

Great day!! No complaints at all Got home to find a package.... apparently a piece of mail has been lost for 2 yrs and it finally made it to me hahahaha

AM: 60 mins yoga

PM: 45 mins elliptical interval program

Breakfast: 1/2c oats, 1 banana, 2 tbsp flaxseed, 2 scoops protein powder

Snack: 1 blueberry muffin larabar

Lunch: 2oz spring mix, 1/3c dried cranberries, 1/4c walnuts, 1c kidney beans, 2 tbsp salad dressing

Split pea soup: 1 carrot, 1 celery stalk, 3 mushrooms, 1/4c split peas dessert: 8 pineapple bites, 6 green grapes

Snack: 1/2 block tempeh, 1/2c brown rice, 4 oz asparagus stir fry mix, 4 oz broccoli, soy sauce, 1/2c apple sauce

Supper: 1/2 block tempeh, 4 tbsp kraut, 8 asparagus spears

Snack: 2 scoops protein powder

Today was a beautiful fun filled day!!! Sun was out so took my client to the store bought 3 large bags of carrots and headed to the lake. We decided we needed to see the bison and elk and feed them. I got a nice dose of Vitamin D.

AM: 30 min walk with basset hound

PM: 30 min stationary bike lvl 5 random program

Calves, shoulders abs

Superset

Dumbbell lat raise: 2 sets 10 lbs 17 reps, 1 set 12 lbs 17 reps

Dumbbell front raise: 2 sets 10 lbs 17 reps, 1 set 12 lbs 17 reps

Machine shoulder press: warmup set 25 lbs 10 reps, 1 set 40 lbs 17 reps, 2 sets 50 lbs 17 reps

Rear delt raise: 7 reps 10 lbs 12 reps

45 degree calf raise: warmup set 180 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets 200 lbs 20 reps, 2 sets 180 lbs 20 reps

Crunches: 3 sets 40 reps

Century club: 5 sets 20 reps push ups, 2 sets 50 reps crunches on ball

Breakfast: 1/2c oats, 2 tbsp flaxseed, 2 scoops protein powder, 1 banana

Snack: 2 scoops protein powder, peanut butter chocolate chip larabar

Lunch: 2 oz spring mix salad, 1/3c cranberries, 1/4c walnuts, 1c kidney beans, 2 tbsp salad dressing

split pea soup

Snack:1/2 block tempeh, 4oz asparagus mix, 4 oz broccoli, 1/2c brown rice

Post workout: 2 scoops protein powder

Supper: 1/2 block tempeh, 4 tbsp kraut, 7 asparagus spears

It was just 40 and sunny out yesterday. I was able to go out and walk the trail for 2 miles (thought about the 3 mile trail, but decided that the weather might not hold out for an hour or so).

Today we have 6 inches of snow on the ground already, but it is still a balmy 30 out. I am so anxious for spring and 50 degree weather out and sun! I feel like I can lose weight more if I am outside doing my cardio for some reason. I noticed that my daffodils are already up, so that is probably why I am like - SPRING is coming soon! Almost March. . . . . . and then April. . . I shall have to wait. . . sigh.

Once spring hits I will be outside working in my garden I literally hand till it cause A it is the green thing to do and B it is extra exercise. But we look forward to any day that is over 50 and sunny so we can go drive around the lake and feed the animals. I hate seeing the bison and elk penned up but I know they are much safer there and have a huge area to roam. For some reason that is still a dream of mine.... bison rescue farm. I did find some trails to take this spring!! Can't wait to try them out and see what I find. Would take my dog but omg that would be basset scent overload!!

i won't brag about being at the beach yesterday in 70 degree weather for a friends bday and watching a pod of Dolphins do flips and jumps so close up it was crazy. oh. You have Bison and elk? That is way wicked cool...as is the snow. We just have perpetual sunshine and blue skies and an ocean nearby. Off to the gym..you motivated me today! Thanks!

I wish I had bison and elk but luckily there is a conservation center in the county I live in at the lake that has them.They encourage us to feed and interact with them but adhere to the rules. Sometimes they are in such a good mood they kiss my hand as they take the carrot or apple I feed them. Sometimes they let me pet their nose or head. I love to watch the kids interact with them but feel so drawn to the bison. I kinda wish I had snow on the ground here but it missed us but we got the cold air instead. I have seen dolphins up close but at Sea World..... My ex took me before I went vegetarian and as a birthday present.

Had a decent day today best parts being before and after work lol. Yoga was fantastic this morning and felt like a great cardio workout and boot camp well it rocks my socks off every time I step into that class. I think the handyman across the street from work is hitting on me... ewwwwwwwwwwww.

AM: 25 min fast walk, 60 min yoga

PM: 60 min boot camp, 20 min hill program stationary bike lvl 5

Legs

Leg extensions: warmup set 60 lbs 10 reps, warmup set 75 lbs 10 reps, drop set 75 lbs 20 reps, 60 lbs 20 reps, 45 lbs 60 reps (OUCH)

Leg press: warmup set 180 lbs 10 reps, warmup set 200 lbs 10 reps, 1 set 230 lbs 30 reps, 2 sets 250 lbs 30 reps

Lying leg curl: warmup set 20 lbs 10 reps, 1 set 35 lbs 20 reps, 2 sets 30 lbs 20 reps

Hack squats: warmup set 50 lbs 10 reps, warmup set 70 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets 50 lbs 30 reps (OUCH!!!!!)

Twist: 150 reps each side

My legs and knees are not happy campers right now.... I will stretch really good tonight to help ease any discomfort tomorrow. Pigeon, downward dog, twisted prayer and half splits should do the trick

Breakfast: 1/2c oats, 2 tbsp flaxseed, 2 scoops protein, 1 banana

Snack: 2 scoops protein, 1 brown rice cake, lemon larabar

Lunch: 2 oz salad, 1c kidney beans, 1/3c cranberries, 1/4c walnuts, 2 tbsp salad dressing

Split pea soup: 1/4c split peas, 1 carrot, 1/4 of an onion, 1 celery stalk seasonings

Snack: 1/2 block tempeh, 4 oz broccoli, 4 oz asparagus mix, soy sauce, seasoned rice vinegar

Post workout: 1 serving protein powder

Supper: 1c mashed kidney beans, 1/8c Daiya pepperjack, 1 ezekiel tortilla

So today was such a lovely day I hated being inside.... so what did I do??? I covered the grass with some cardboard for where my garden will go to start clearing the grass so I can hand till and hooked my basset up in his harness and headed to the lake. We hit one of the nature trails. Silly me didn't start my gps tracking until 15 mins after we started hahahaha. So 90 mins and 5.6k later we headed home. We would have done more but he was tired from all the sniffing and walking. Poor pup lol. Watched some basketball with my mom since it was the FINAL border wars showdown. My team prevailed in the end YAY!!! Diet off track but not to bad. Decided to start working on a baby blanket for who I have no idea. Maybe I will sell it on Craigslist....

PM: 90 min 5.6k+ nature trail walk

Biceps/shoulders

Overhead Press: 2 warmup sets 12 lbs 15 reps, 1 set 15 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 20 lbs 12 reps

Hammer curls: 2 warmup sets 12 lbs 15 reps, 3 sets 15 lbs 12 reps

Lat raise: warmup set 8 lbs 15 reps, 1 set 12 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 15 lbs 12 reps

Bicep curls: warmup set 12 lbs 15 reps, 3 sets 15 lbs 15 reps

Reverse flye: warmup set 20 lbs 15 reps, 3 sets 30 lbs 12 reps

Barbell slow curls: 4 sets 30 lbs 15 reps

Breakfast: 2 servings gluten free protein pancakes

Snack: peanut butter cookie larabar

Lunch: Probar

Snack: 2 veggie patties plain and 7 asparagus spears

Post workout: red grapes and 2 scoops protein powder

Like I said diet a bit off but tomorrow will be different

It was an even better day today!! Teddy and I didn't stay inside all day but we had to wait until laundry was done before we could run out the door! We hit up 2 trails today (poor guy is still pooped from yesterday) only to find them muddy, rocky and totally off the beaten path! I was in heaven, Teddy wasn't. I think with being a weekend warrior trail hiker he will get used to it and build up his endurance. We went for 90 mins again and did 6.7k hiking. By the time I got to yoga I was sore from the 2 days of hiking.

Cardio: 90 min hike 6.7k, 60 min yoga

Breakfast: banana protein pancakes

Snack: 1 brown rice cake, 1 peanut butter cookie larabar

Lunch: 1/2c red grape halves, 2 oz spring mix salad, double chocolate probar

Snack: 1/3c dried cranberries, 1/4c walnuts

Dinner: 1 bottle Naked Green Machine, 2 scoops protein

973519623_hikingtrail.jpg.2b01a4102b842a5b5af24af3dc1294cc.jpg

one of the easier parts of the trail

Teddy.jpg.241d2be325130e589cbc7c71b21da64a.jpg

Teddy passed out after hiking