My Vegan BB journey

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

LingleFit
Finch

My Vegan BB journey

#1 Postby LingleFit » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:05 pm

Hi Everyone!

I am new to the forum. i've dabbled in BB in the past but that was before I became Vegan. I became vegan due to health reasons and then after researching and looking into it, I am so glad this was handed to me. I love how supportive you all are to each other on this site. It is very encouraging. My goal is to get my pre-vegan BB body back. :) I am still figuring this all out. So here is what I like to do. Love marathons, ran Boston, tore a tendon in my foot, no more marathons. :( I love kick boxing, spinning and circuit! I teach all 3 at the local gym here. I love lifting with my friends, love biking outside and hiking for hours. I live in Alaska so you have to get outiside or you will go crazy. My plan is to record my journey so that I can be held accountable also to learn from you all. I am still alittle bewildered by the nutrition side. I will post a pick of what I was looking like when I was on pt before my health problems and before vegan but would love to get back to this and then some. :)

I am excited, I start tomorrow. My plan is to carb cycle through 100/125/220. Pro will remain 150g and fat will remain 30g. I will also record my workouts. SO here goes! Wish me luck. My hubbys 20 year class reunion is coming up in July and I want to walk in feeling confident as I didn't go to his school.

Mina
Manatee

Re: My Vegan BB journey

#2 Postby Mina » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:10 pm

That's awesome! Welcome! I can't wait to see you get the bod you want & although I'm new to bodybuilding, I've been Vegan for 13 years & would love to help out anyway I can if you need it (as I'm sure most of us will). =)

LingleFit
Finch

#3 Postby LingleFit » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:11 pm

Thank you Mina. I am excited. i am now trying to figure out how to post that pic. LOL

Mina
Manatee

#4 Postby Mina » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:16 pm

Haha yea, I'm not good there. And yw! Sorry to read about the foot, but it's impressive you teach those 3 at your gym! =D

C.O.
VBB Moderator

#5 Postby C.O. » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:08 pm

Its fairly easy to post a pic on here. The only thing is you have to make it small before you add it. :)

-Dylan

LingleFit
Finch

#6 Postby LingleFit » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:58 pm

side32kb.jpg
side32kb.jpg (44.43 KiB) Viewed 3123 times

LingleFit
Finch

#7 Postby LingleFit » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:13 pm

Thanks Dylan, I figured it out. YAY.

Day one!

This morning, just after the first meal, I felt more energy. Like loads more. I am more alert too. Just by sticking to my macros. I am forcing the water intake as well.

SO today my macros are
150 pro
130 carb (supposed to be 125 but it worked out to 130. Is this a huge thing or should I go back and take out 5g)
32 fat

Workout
Circuit train 1 hour
All major muscle groups hit in a met con style. Very high heart rate. Felt great.

Yoga 1 hour

So off to a good start. I think I might practice handstands later, need to work on my pull up as well. I don't want to do the Fitness routine my first contest, so I guess that puts me in figure. But I want to start practicing now as I have a friend doing the Fitness section and she is working on her gymnastics and I can tell I have a long way to go. Might never get there if they require round offs. :)

So main question of the day for me...
How do you get yoru protein to remain high while keeping carbs kinda low, with vegan proteins. This is where I need to learn the most. I was looking as some of your meal plans and they look yummy but intimidating. I don't even know some of the ingredients you are using. And then to put it together to get the right macros... I know it will take time. I will be looking into more of your journals for sure. :)

Mina
Manatee

#8 Postby Mina » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:50 pm

Mama mia! You look great! =)

LingleFit
Finch

#9 Postby LingleFit » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:58 pm

Thank you Mina, now I just need to get it back. :)

LingleFit
Finch

#10 Postby LingleFit » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:26 pm

Day 2

Less hungry today which is nice. Wasn't too bad yesterday but it is still a pain in the booty when you want to naw on your arm! Today is one of those crazy busy days. I am thankful for the meal plan so that I eat on schedule and it is prepped as I have clients and meetings until 9pm tonight. So I am making this a quick update.

Macros:
Pro 143
Carb 110
Fat 43

So today I am cycling down my carbs and with that I gave myself a few more fat grams to help with hunger. I keep it all on an excel spreadsheet and it does all my math for me. Thank God!

I have my spin class tonght so that will count as my workout. My goal is to hit the weights on Tue/THur morning and then teach my class in the evenings but so far life is getting in the way. I know it will happen though, I just need to keep making these smaller changes and then all of a sudden my schedule/eating/workouts will look the way I want them too. Hope you are all having a great Tuesday. I love reading your journals. I should have more time tomorrow to look at them again. Strength in numbers, right! :)

C.O.
VBB Moderator

#11 Postby C.O. » Tue May 01, 2012 4:55 pm

How have things been going? Progressing? I'm always curious as to how everyone is keeping up with their goals. I like to check back in and scope out people's journals to make myself feel like a slacker and give me more motivation to stay on task and train harder.

-Dylan

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”