Supplements?

bill1987

It firstly depends on where you are, training wise.

If you're only just starting out or are a beginner then diet comes first, that needs to be the main thing.

Secondly, Do not get lost in the advertising of this & that supplement. Obviously A protein supp is handy & convenient but food will always out do them & any supp for that matter.

If you are at intermediate level creatine is a good thing to get into your system. Glucosamine is a great supp to help in joint support, I'd suggest this highly.

This is what I use atm:

Whey protein, L-Glutamine, Glucosamine, Multi vit, Iron supp, Creatine & bcaa.

Thanks for the info much appreciated! I would consider myself an intermediate as my diet as if late has been good, I just ordered some creatine the other day from vegan proteins.com and I will look into the other supplement you suggested

Glucosamine is sourced from the exoskeletons of crustaceans and other arthropods but there are veggie/vegan versions

By far, the most important is good food. I have gained just as much muscle with and without protein powders.

I do know my strength is better when on a creatine cycle, but supp's are expensive and I try to get away with not using.

I just use a protein powder now for a little insurance.

By far, the most important is good food. I have gained just as much muscle with and without protein powders.

I do know my strength is better when on a creatine cycle, but supp's are expensive and I try to get away with not using.

I don't bother to cycle creatine, though I'll have a break off all supps next week as I'm on holiday I just take it indefinitely & know a lot of people doing the same.

I don't bother to cycle creatine, though I'll have a break off all supps next week as I'm on holiday I just take it indefinitely & know a lot of people doing the same.

as soon as my tub of creatine is finished I won't bother again. Im a non responder on that supplement!

as soon as my tub of creatine is finished I won't bother again. Im a non responder on that supplement!

Will be a good time to test to see how you do without it for sure...It's always worth taking something out now & then to see if you notice a drop/increase in anything...

Have read/seen loads of articles & actual tests regarding creatine & for the most part people do respond to it...but it's never going to be beneficial for every user.

I rarely ache from training & if I do it's not for long, I do eat a fuck load of food though haha

• 4 weeks later...

I have found that supplements aren't essential... and if I was to give you a percentage wise of how much they would help I would say 97% success is through diet and 3% to supplements. I have taken a wide variety over the years and have seemed to find success in only a few of them.

1. Protein... almost everyone's number 1

2. Multi - pretty straight foreward. I like having neon pee

3. Creatine/Beta-alanine - both of them mixed together gives me more strength....I can feel a difference.

4. EFA's and Omegas

5. Vitamin C - 3000mg/day

I take other supplements along with these. However these are the main ones I would focus on for lifting purposes. Other supps I take are for healthy heart, skin, digestive system ect ect...

There are some great responses above. As a vegan and an athlete I supplement B12 and D. But I get everything else through my diet of fruits, vegetables, nuts seeds, legumes and some rice. If you take supps knowing that they are just an additive to your diet and they are a secondary source, then great. But most people rely on them, get frustrated and eventually just think, "I'm not "genetically" gifted enough for this".