Synny's training journal

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Work was an off day... I didn't want to be there and my client wanted me to bake and shampoo the kitchen carpet. I only did the carpet. I kept looking outside seeing the sun teasing me. I am finally using my Vitamineral Green and Earth. I blended them into my green machine smoothie. I am in heaven right now. Figured the best time to use them was at night after the gym to give my body the nutrients to repair while I sleep

Breakfast: 1c oats, 2 tbsp flaxseed, 2 scoops protein powder

Snack: 1 brown rice cake, 2 tbsp protein powder, 1 peanut butter cookie larabar

Lunch: 1/4c dry lentils cooked, 1 carrot, 1 celery stalk, 1/8 onion, mushrooms, 1c cooked kidney beans

Snack: 1/2 block tempeh, 4 oz broccoli, 4 oz asparagus mix, 7 asparagus spears, 1/2c cooked brown rice, 1 tbsp soy sauce

Post workout: 2 scoops protein powder

Supper: Green monster (2 kale leaves, handful spinach, handful parsley, 1c orange juice, 1 banana, 1 kiwi, 1 apple, 2 tsp lemon juice, 1 serving raw protein powder, 2 tbsp vitamineral earth and green)

Bedtime: 2 scoops rice protein powder

Cardio: 45 min hill climb treadmill 3.0 speed

Back/biceps

Twists: 300 reps each side

Reverse grip hammer pulldown: warmup set 25 lbs 10 reps, warmup set 35 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 40 lbs 12 reps, 1 set 45 lbs

12 reps

Bent over barbell row: warmup set 45 lbs 10 reps, 1 set 65 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 85 lbs 12 reps killed it w/ PB

Single-arm row: warmup set 15 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 30 lbs 12 reps

Reverse grip pulldown: warmup set 60 lbs 10 reps, 1 set 75 lbs 12 reps, 1 set 90 lbs 12 reps, 1 set 105 lbs 10 reps (ouch)

Preacher curls: warmup set 20 lbs 10 reps, 1 set 40 lbs 12 reps, 1 set 30 lbs 12 reps, 1 set 20 lbs 12 reps, 1 set 10 lbs

12 reps

Ez bar curls: 1 set 50 lbs 12 reps, 3 sets 40 lbs 12 reps

1616493818_Greenmonster.jpg.121c073b4e42019e1a7ec8e561e4aabf.jpg

My green monster how I love thee

I put on my scrubs this morning and as I sit here I really begin to realize that I am much smaller than I thought. I could fit a friend in here with me and we would still have room to move around I bet. Guess it is time to phone a friend and get my scrubs take in cause I wont' buy new one!

I am so glad to be home and ending my day! I feel like I have been violated, well I know I have actually. *gets on soap box* I think people at the gym tend to forget manners and personal space. For 1) if I am lifting don't interrupt me. 2) don't invade my personal bubble. 3) don't do 1 and 2 all at once!! I was lifting minding my own business when a regular a the gym I barely know walked up behind me and started blowing on my neck!!! When I kicked my foot back he was so close my foot didn't go far. Finished my rep jumped away pulling my headphones out yelling get out of my bubble. All he did was laugh and call me Dorothy (Wizard of Oz).... He carried on for a couple mins and finally went away. This is now the second time someone from the gym has done that. Next time I won't be nice.... That is all.

Cardio: 20 min random program stationary bike lvl 5, Boot camp: 60 mins

Shoulders, abs, triceps

Twists: 300 reps each side

Side lateral raise: warmup set 8lbs 10 reps, warmup set 10 lbs 10 reps, 1 set 20 lbs 10 reps, 1 set 15 lbs 10 reps, 1 set 12 lbs 10 reps

Shoulder press (pulley): warmup set 10 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 30 lbs 10 reps, 1 set 40 lbs 10 reps

Rear delt raise: 1 set 8 lbs to failure

Skullcrushers: 4 sets 20 lbs 12 reps

Vbar pressdown: 1 set 50 lbs 12 reps, 1 set 60 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 70 lbs 12 reps

Kickbacks: 2 sets 10 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 12 lbs 12 reps

Crunches: 3 sets 30 reps

Leg raises: 3 sets 20 reps

Breakfast 3/4c dry oats, 2 tbsp, flaxseed, 2 scoops protein powder

Snack 1 peanut butter cookie larabar, 1 brown rice cake, 2 scoops protein powder

Lunch 1/4c dry lentils, 1c cooked beans, 1 carrot, 1 celery stalk, mushrooms, onion, grapeseed oil made into a soup with no salt

added seasonings

Snack banana protein pancakes

Supper tempeh, 4oz broccoli, 4oz asparagus mix, 7 asparagus spears, 1/2c brown rice, soy sauce

Post workout 2 scoops protein powder

I would have politely asked him his name, and then thank him, and head for the office to complain about him. You might not be the only woman he has harassed like that. Of course I might go on to tell him that I was going to the office to call the police and file a sexual harassment charge against him, and let it slip out that my boyfriend is a lawyer, and a damn good one at that! Lying of course, but I would let the office know that he did harass you while you were working out. Our gym has a zero tolerance for that.

I just asked my friend what she would do in that situation, and she said she would ask him if he was wanting to use the machine/weights next, and could he please wait for her to get done with her set first.

She is so nice and polite. Then again, she is a teacher, and maybe she would thing that he needed to be taught gym etiquette.

I think I would have said "WTF? I'm using this now, wait your f**cking turn!" and pretend to have a roid rage building up inside of me. Yeah, in my dreams. I am such a wimp. That is why I would go running to the office to complain. It would be cool if I could have jungleinthefrunk's posing stare, and stare him down! Don't need to say anything at all with that stare.

Omg! Creepy! Who does that lol ! Yea, please love, look for a new gym. Now I know why some women prefer an all-woman gym. Then again, I don't doubt some dudes would do this sort of thing on purpose to get rid of the sex that "doesn't belong" in a gym.. I'm such an instigator lol. Anyways, seriously, it's a great idea to find a new gym. I can't believe you got no support.

Was a nice peaceful sunny day for me. Saw all the wonderful people at the gym today and one of the women bodybuilders walked by me while I was doing cardio and placed her hand on mine as she walked by. Starting to get bored with my workout..... I still have 7 1/2 weeks left on it. Need to start looking into my next rotation. I am open to suggestions that don't involve running or swimming.

Cardio: 15 min elliptical interval program, 30 min stationary bike random program lvl 6

Chest

Pec deck:

Warmup 20 lbs 10 reps, 30 lbs 10 reps

Drop set 50 lbs, 40 lbs, 30 lbs 12 reps each

Drop set 40 lbs, 30 lbs, 20 lbs 12 reps each

Drop set 30 lbs, 20 lbs, 10 lbs 12 reps each

Machine press:

Drop set 75 lbs, 60 lbs, 45 lbs 12 reps each

Drop set 60 lbs, 45 lbs, 30 lbs 12 reps each

Drop set 60 lbs, 45 lbs, 30 lbs 12 reps each

Incline Dumbbell Flyes:

Drop set 15 lbs, 12 lbs, 10 lbs 12 reps each

Drop set 20 lbs, 15 lbs, 12 lbs 12 reps each

Drop set 20 lbs, 15 lbs, 12 lbs 12 reps eah

Century club

10 sets 10 reps pushups

5 sets 20 reps crunches

Yoga: 60 min

Breakfast: 3/4c dry oats, 2 tbsp flaxseed, 2 scoops protein powder

Snack: 1 peanut butter cookie larabar, 1 brown rice cake, 2 scoops protein powder

Lunch: Lentil, bean vegetable soup (1/4c dry lentils, 1c cooked beans, 1 carrot,1 celery stalk, 1/3c chopped onion, mushrooms,

salt free seasoning)

Snack: 1/2 block tempeh, 4oz broccoli, 4oz asparagus mix, 7 asparagus spears, 1/2c cooked brown rice

Post workout: Clif builder bar

Bedtime: 2 scoops protein powder

So it has been 6 weeks since I last measured myself. Of course I didn't like the numbers..... I couldn't do all the measurements myself but the 3 I really wanted to measure were simple enough I could do them.

January 15

Chest 44"

Waist 40"

Hips 46.5"

March 1

Chest 41.5"

Waist 38.25"

Hips 45"

The numbers are going down which makes me very happy. I should have measured before I ate though hahaha

I took pics 4 almost 4 weeks ago and won't be posting them till after week 6 when I have comparison pics. Not that I have a good photographer to do it but it is all good. The storms were way south of me but I used to live down there. I wish I had been smart and taken measurement when I first started 15 months ago. I actually floored someone yesterday with my pic from a year ago. I have been on a huge transformation journey and I no longer even look like the person I used to be. I am excited to see what the future holds for me

I tried Kettlebells this week. I was sweating after 15 minutes! And it was a private lesson for me and my partner - we both know the personal trainer that does the Russian-style Kettlebells class and she offered to show us the moves and how they can work for us. I was worried just a little because the only day she could get us in was a Tuesday an hour before our Delt workout - but after the lesson, I was all warmed up for Delts and had no problem lifting the heavy weights! Though I had done Legs the day before and could feel those talking, at times screaming, at me as I did some swings with the kettlebells while squatting at the same time. Very fun and interesting if you do different moves with the kettlebells, and she incorporates some planks and something like downdog with chatarungas also in our routine.

Have you tried a Kettlebells class yet? Do they offer it at your gym?

I am slowly working my way into spinning. I haven't officially taken a class yet. I just hop on a bike during the day, and pedal to my music. I go fast when the tempo fits it, and I can almost hover with my quads not ceasing up on me (they cramped up on my first two attempts at spinning - but the last time they didn't!).

Unfortunately I am still in the 'I hate cardio stage' of my diet. Maybe when it gets nice out and I can go trail running, then I will like cardio again (I felt funny wearing my last year's 10mile race shirt for the elliptical's 30 minutes of HIIT today. What a difference 6 months of hard work/heavy lifting can do to a body!).

No kettlebell classes at my gym I wish they did. I might look up some moves and use a dumbbell. I am killing it on cardio. 45 min once a day. To cold for me to walk the dog and I dont want to waste gas driving to the gym for am cardio

Simple peaceful sunny day! Love days like this!! Found out today that someone I really like read my post on Facebook ranting about bubble violation and went up to talk to my best friend about it.... interesting bit of news to find out. I do regret the cookie yesterday only because I found it gross and it didn't sit well in my tummy at all!! Is what I get from straying from my favorite company to try a new brand.

Cardio: 30 min elliptical, 15 min stationary bike random program lvl 6

Breakfast: 1 large green monster

Snack: 1 brown rice cake, 1 peanut butter cookie larabar, 2 scoops protein powder

Lunch: 1/4c dry lentils, 1c cooked beans, 1 carrot, 1 celery stalk, onion, mushroom and salt free seasonings

Snack: Gluten free ginger cookie and chocolate chip cookie dough larabar (was hit with a nasty sweet tooth)

Supper: 1/2 block tempeh, 4oz broccoli, 4oz asparagus mix, 7 asparagus spears

Snack: 2 scoops protein powder

Some days I hate my job and others are great. Today I hate my job. I had to work with meat for her meal and bake her a cake. Got a good papercut opening the package to her cake mix, got egg and turkey all over my hands. Gag! Ready to go home

What a weird weather day.... It started sprinkling, then to rain, then to rain snow mix to snowing heavy to everything melting and the sun just a shining bright..... Was tortured with pineapple upside down cake all day too.

AM: 60 min yoga, 25 min walk

PM: 60 min boot camp, 20 min elliptical

Breakfast: 1 LARGE green monster

Snack: 1 peanut butter cookie larabar, 1 brown rice cake, 2 scoops protein powder

Lunch: vegetable bean soup-homemade

Snack: tortilla chips, tempeh vegetable stir-fry

Post workout: 2 scoops protein powder

Supper: left over tempeh vegetable stir-fry

Snack: 2 scoops protein powder

I am supposed to work today but my mind is wandering to the great outdoors with my dog! I was hoping to get some hiking in before a killer leg workout so I wouldn't have to worry about cardio tonight. Speaking of legs a male friend of mine followed me around the gym the other day and kept me company on the treadmill as I did a vicious incline walk. Told him I had to get my legs in shape to do hiking and he told me my legs were rock hard and didn't need any work. A bit odd coming from him considering he NEVER compliments me on anything.

Ok so today was a long day at work... I couldn't keep my eyes on my work but kept watching the tree branches blow, the maintenance man working outside, the birds eating at the feeder.... Needless to say I wanted to be outside.

Legs

Superset

Leg press: 3 sets 180 lbs 85 reps (20 reps bottom of plate, 20 reps 1 inch up, 20 reps 1 inch higher, 25 reps top of plate) Can I just

say OUCH!!!!!

Squat: 3 sets 75 lbs 20 reps

Leg extension: 1 triple drop set 65, 60, 55 lbs 15 reps, 12 reps, 12 rep, 1 triple drop set 60, 55, 50 lbs 15 reps, 15 reps, 15 reps

1 triple drop set 60, 50, 40 lbs 15 reps, 12 reps, 15 reps

Stiff leg deadlift: 1 set 75 lbs 10 reps, 1 set 75 lbs 12 reps, 1 set 75 lbs 15 reps

Seated twists: 300 reps each side

Cardio: stationary bike 40 mins random program lvl 6

Breakfast: 1 LARGE green monster

Snack: 1 brown rice cake, 1 peanut butter cookie lara bar, 2 scoops protein powder

Lunch: vegetable bean soup and tortilla chips (homemade soup)

Snack: 2/3 clif builder bar, red grapes

Post workout: 5 grape glutamine chews, 2 scoops protein powder

Supper: Tempeh stir-fry (homemade)