• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...some more vegan bakes:

OB people's has a fresh bake case

La Jolla Whole foods has a Vegan cookie or two in their bakery case

Jimbos always has something vegan and GF in their bake cases, all 4 stores

And in OB on Voltarie, there is Stephanie's Bakery, a dedicated vegan bakery

This is what comes to mind. There are a few more.

Jimbos is good. Not the best, but good. Carlsbad store has best deli and bakery.

Ok...some more vegan bakes:

OB people's has a fresh bake case

La Jolla Whole foods has a Vegan cookie or two in their bakery case

Jimbos always has something vegan and GF in their bake cases, all 4 stores

And in OB on Voltarie, there is Stephanie's Bakery, a dedicated vegan bakery

This is what comes to mind. There are a few more.

Jimbos is good. Not the best, but good. Carlsbad store has best deli and bakery.

Jimbo's, and that restaurant are too far away for me to get to on public transit. I will check out People's and Stephanie's one of these days.

Will probably head up to the La Jolla Whole Foods this week for dinner and/or dessert.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26517 if I did right is the banging bakery thread.

Email me when you go. I will pm you my email address...I may have my daughter with and if it's Wed,, can't go. Ya, Jimbos is a ways. I live by 4s store..it's pricey. He used to be off 30th and university in the middle of what I call the colorful part of San Diego...the heart of North Park, back in the day He bumped it up a few notches and he is a huge player in independent Natural Food Stores, as well as his first manager / produce manager was Jay Robb, the whey protein guy. They both have done exceedingly well. Hmmmm.

Cinnamon toast crunch- ever do puffins? (barbara's)

Now that my ruptured vein is nearly healed and it doesn't hurt to grip things with my right hand I can work on getting back on a regular schedule.

2-26-12 Chest/Triceps 3:30PM-4:20PM

DB Floor Chest Press 146lbs x5x5x4x3x3 ->Stay (Found a unique way to get the DBs into starting position)

Weighted Dips +45lbs x2 Fail +40lbs x5x5x31/2x3 ->Stay

Chest Flys 2x48lbs x8x8x8x8 ->Stay, no more weight

Triceps Raises w/ Straps +25lbs x10x10x8x7 ->Stay

Guess my chest is rusty and weighted push-ups are not the end all be all.

Here are some pics to make you hurl. And yes, that is a bag of shit.

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/WanderingYeti/th_DSCN3117.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/WanderingYeti/th_DSCN3120.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/WanderingYeti/th_DSCN3124.jpg

LOL AL SHARPTON HAIR.

I walked bunches today in my new 'Invisible Shoes' huaraches. They are replacing my Vibram Five Fingers as my new footwear.

I'm a big fan of the Vibrams ever since I got them last April. I wear the KSO variety. I like the almost-barefoot feel, but still like to have some protective coating over my feet. This comes from wearing nothing but boots for the previous 20 years (except when exercising, always wore sport shoes for that). When I started my current strength routine last year I was taking off my shoes and lifting in my socks. I really prefer wearing the KSOs over lifting in socks. I haven't done a lot of running in them, but I do wear them whenever I leave the house for almost everything other than work (I work in a shop so heavy closed shoes are a must). I played indoor soccer in them once and split one of the seams on the outside of the big toe. It's a small split, ~ 1cm, but hasn't increased in size in the 4 months since it happened. I keep meaning to repair it, but never think about it when I'm home and have the time.

Oh, and +1 for crazy beards! I grew a pretty gnarly full beard over the course of a year, but my wife hated it so I chopped it off last May. Now I'm just sporting some full-cheek chops that I keep trimmed.

4.6 mile run in 45 minutes, a 6.13mph pace. Added a half mile. Once I get to 5 miles I am going to stop adding distance and start pushing speed. For some reason I just have a really quick pace, and I'm really good at running, but it's something I enjoy, so I do it for fun.

I went to Chipotle for some chips, guac and salsa. They always treat me right at 'my' Chipotle and give me extra guac and salsa, plus free iced tea.

While I was eating I decided I was going to drive for around a 5 minute mile in the next few months. What I need to do is run 2x a week for 5mi and get my pace up from 6.13mph to 8mph or so. In my head, logically, sprinting for 1mi at 12mph is done by only increasing speed by a factor of .25 and reducing distance by a factor of .75. Maybe I am just nutty, but it seems legit.

My goal now first and foremost is to get to 5 mi runs, and then start wittling down my time from 50min or so to 35 or 40 min.

I can use the track at SDSU, I think, to start testing my speed. I will start in a week or two, once I get the aforementioned done.

Dessert to finish my day. A cup of strong cowboy coffee and stevia sprinkled strawberries.

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/WanderingYeti/th_DSCN3129.jpg

looking for a career job is work..so hunkering down more. thanks for asking. I will be headed to wfm or peoples next week- and checking out expo west.com all next weekend. Natural Foods biggest show- fun for vegan foodies like so many here.

sprint work and interval training is the key. I 'm a slow poky 9 minute mile mom (or I was)...but, its strength and velocity- and genetics. doing it on a 1/4 mile track is good- you can run intervals on the clock and do the inside corners. some good running sites- check out SD track clubs page- they have a bunch of formulas on it for all kinds of runs, etc. and good links on lowering times, increasing max vow, etc.

i saw a guy yesterday wearing his vibrams (its such an under 30 thing, really), and so I asked him if he ran i themn--he trained for a marathon in. I need my Nikes, w/ my air cushion!

3-1-12 Back/Biceps

DB Deadlifts 196# x5x5x5x5x5 ->X

Weighted Pullups +25# x5x5x4x4x4 ->27.5#

One Arm DB Rows 103# x5x5x5x5x4 ->105.5#

Weighted Chinups +15# x8x7x5 ->X

DB Curls 2x 38# x8x7x7 -> 2x 40.5#

Another good day.

Which brings me to my next point, at some point within the next year or two I will be hitting the road again. Since mom is moving to San Diego she encouraged me to travel again and use her house/apartment as a hub to rest.

This got me to thinking what I could take on the road with me. The vest I have, my suspension straps, the 170lbs-205lbs in weights and two DB handles totaling 26lbs. Maybe a short 3-4 foot bar if I can find somewhere for it, plus mats.

Anyway, ate at Ranchos Cocina tonight. I ate a ton, 1 plate of ranchos potatoes, 1 plate of banana pancakes with butter and maple syrup, plate of tofu scramble with cheese, a piece of chocolate cake, the chips the serve prior, and a few cups of coffee. It was divine. If any of you are ever in San Diego, hit me up and we will dine like royalty. This place rules, best Vegan/Vegetarian joint, EVER.

Edited by Cellar Yeti

ok..its been to years since I was there...need to go again. they must have closed the one on 30th@ University. Thanks for the review. the interviews are at 10 and another at 130...off to do cardio.

I worked out at home and on the road for years...it can be done! You rock!

have a day!

Sprinted today on a 3/4 mile hill about 17min.

Needless to say I was doing Tabatha protocol, 15sec sprint all out, 60 sec rest, so I nearly hurled on my 10th and final sprint.

Also I think my pinky toe nail is falling off, and seeing as how I am not Mr. Potato Head I don't think it's supposed to be detachable.

I just had coffee and pastries with divamom. What a lovely treat, she is such a nice person. I didn't think to take a photo, we'll be hanging out soon and I'll take a picture.

I am taking a week off weightlifting but I will continue to sprint and run.