iris777888's training journal

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karen - Yes, very big changes, and ones I think will be quite positive for us in the long run but are stressful right now. It's my turn to stay home with our son so that we can homeschool him, something we're all excited about. You're right that stress probably is playing a big role; the chiro said the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm struggling to get/stay on track with both diet and exercise right now during this transition period to being done with work. My schedule is different than before, I am losing my gym access and there's just so much going on! Excuses, excuses. I'm optimistic that I can work it out to my advantage though. My new schedule will have a lot more flexibility so that will help a lot. Just need to make it happen!

Hey you! I'm going through a similar situation, so I can totally relate. Fortunately, I have my first 5K run coming up this weekend, so it's helping me try to get my focus back. Maybe it might help you to do something like that (signing up for a race/event), so that you have a specific goal to work towards. I don't know, just an idea.

I hope things are going well otherwise, though! Have you stopped work yet, or still finishing up?

Hang in there!

Karen - Good idea. I should consider doing something like that, or at least setting more specific goals, because the nebulous "make sure to work out" that I have now is not doing the trick. My last day of work is the 29th.

Good luck with your 5k! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Yeah, I definitely think that's a good idea. A specific goal. Definitely what I needed at least!

The race yesterday was awesome!! So much fun with thousands of people dressed up for St. Patrick's Day, lots of dogs and kids, and just so much fun! And I beat my goal by several minutes, so I was thrilled. I was literally giddy all day long!

Thanks so much for your encouragement!

• 2 weeks later...

Doing pretty good this last week, considering I'm still in this miserable transition period. Just three days of work left! Did a 2.5 mile outside run plus a three ZWOWs (Zuzana's Workout of the Week - former BodyRock host). Leaving diet alone until transition is done, but doing OK there too.

ZWOW #9 - 2 Rounds -

2.5 miles/26 minutes

ZWOW #10 - 2 Rounds -

ZWOW #9 - 2 Rounds plus 7 -

• 4 weeks later...

Having a hard time getting into a good groove since I started staying at home. My diet is OK, needs to be better. Lots of activity with my kiddo, mostly in short bursts. Tonight I did this BodyRipped workout (yet another BodyRock spinoff, but one that uses almost entirely bodyweight exercises, less/no equipment) http://bodyripped.net/rippin-it-up-for-italia/

Thanks, Karen.

I'm still here. My workouts have been sporadic, but I'm not giving up! Weighed myself for the first time in awhile and found I'm down a few pounds. It's not due to my (less than stellar) eating habits so I'm guessing it's that playing tag chase/pretending to be racing cars/musical statues/playground/etc. with our kiddo is different from spending the whole day sitting in a chair.

My sister is getting married in August and I'm going to be in the wedding so trying to step up my efforts on arms, shoulders, back stuff to look nicer in a sleeveless dress. Working on doing full (non-knee) pushups as well. So far I'm up to 8 in a row. :P It's a start.

• 3 months later...

I have been having a very hard time keeping my workout and diet consistent since I quit my job. Starting today, I'm tried to get back into some sort of routine. I need to do it for both my physical and mental health.

Started with some interval training, basically the same as the fit test I did at the beginning of the year, 50/10 intervals for 7 different exercises. Stats were aroudn the same as January, so I haven't lost _that_ much of my base, no matter how much it feels like it. Also did some arm/back/shoulder lifts with light dumbbells.

• 1 year later...