Clif Builder Bars vs. Vega Sport Protein Bars

robert

I have never had the Vega bars, but I already know my answer. I would enjoy the Vega's more for health and ingredients and I might give the nod to Builders for taste. But there are really only two main factors that I consider in a bar. How much protein does it have per 100 calories, and how cheap is it. If it's more than $1.25, I'm not buying it. I can't imagine ever seeing a Vega bar that low, but a man can dream!

• 2 weeks later...

Will pass on the vega bars---didn't find them too tasty. Their proteins are the best, tho. and with Fallen horse on price per bar, per grams of protein. Clif builder bars, especially the one with peanut butter, are the bomb! The problem is the caloric content...too high for my body and not worth the calories for the measly 20 grams at 270 kcal.

Haven't had either, as I can't find them anywhere in Australia! I WISH I COULD THOUGH AS I WOULD BUY BOXES OF THEM!!!

If anyone in Australia knows where to get them here please tell me!!!!! For now i can only dream. You guys in the States are so lucky!!!

Nicholas plenty of the online cycling websites sell them

http://www.probikekit.com/us/hydration-nutrition/sports-nutrition-products/recovery/clif-builders-protein-bar-box-of-12.html

I used to buy gels etc with no dramas. Don't expect to pay $1.50 though... Poor Aussies, we get ripped off!

Forward..I did. I am just not a bar person, and like jungleinthefrunk, wel,the clif bars are like candy,...so I don't do either. I am all about food, it's my biggest problem...quantity. I am little so I get fat before I get big. Will give another try, tho, when I Am in a bar mood again. Thanks.

Haven't had either, as I can't find them anywhere in Australia! I WISH I COULD THOUGH AS I WOULD BUY BOXES OF THEM!!!

If anyone in Australia knows where to get them here please tell me!!!!! For now i can only dream. You guys in the States are so lucky!!!

Nicholas plenty of the online cycling websites sell them

http://www.probikekit.com/us/hydration-nutrition/sports-nutrition-products/recovery/clif-builders-protein-bar-box-of-12.html

I used to buy gels etc with no dramas. Don't expect to pay $1.50 though... Poor Aussies, we get ripped off!

Thanks! I know hey, always picking on the Aussie! As soon as i have the money I am moving to America; it seems much more vegan friendly than Australia (i.e. more vegan stores and vegan people, plus Fruits and veggies are cheaper).

plus Fruits and veggies are cheaper).

Tell me about it! Moving back to Oz in 5 weeks and not looking forward to the increase of my food bill!

I'd say the major cities cater well for Vegans in Australia, but not so much outside. However I have found the same thing here... outside of the major cities, slim pickings to even find vegetarian meals.

plus Fruits and veggies are cheaper).

Tell me about it! Moving back to Oz in 5 weeks and not looking forward to the increase of my food bill!

I'd say the major cities cater well for Vegans in Australia, but not so much outside. However I have found the same thing here... outside of the major cities, slim pickings to even find vegetarian meals.

I will definately live near the city then! Yeah prices are pretty bad, however bananas arent $13 a kilo now, they have gone down to about $5 a kilo.

• 2 months later...

Cliff's Builder Bars are candy, but I mean that in the best possible way - when I'm about to totally blow my diet on something terrible, half a choco-peanut bar will ease that up without totally screwing my macros.

I haven't had a Vega bar, but that's mostly that I avoid blue/green algae. I wish they made a product without them.

• 4 weeks later...