Synny's training journal

Post workout: 5 grape glutamine chews, 2 scoops protein powder

Why are you taking these with your protein powder? is it because the protein powder doesn't have enough glutamine, or do they taste that great being grape and all? (they sound terribly yummy right now. I would love to have a supplement that has 'grape' in it!).

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I admit they are seriously yummy tasting but from what I have read it helps with the immune system, minimize muscle breakdown and improve protein metabolism. Plus a former bodybuilder told me they help with cravings and I have been craving gluten products like a fiend...... My workouts feel like they are getting a bit harder and I am just wanting to make sure I keep on top of my game. So I am going to try them. They weren't expensive so I am not going to be out any.

I have a fantastic day planned! a friend and I are going hiking and will stop along the way to feed the bison. Since we are planning on going to Colorado we thought it would be good to get some hiking in together to see how we gel together. So far she is like an angel who has been sent to help me out Can't wait to see what today brings me

i hiked in CO in Aug 2010- boulder. oh my. (and my hiking partner was an "oh My"...a young man 1/2 my age---quite heavenly all around).

I thought of bison the over day, someone brought them up--I used to run in Golden Gate park--and they actually have a small Bison/ Buffalo reserve smack dab in the middle of it! Thanks for the thread..I am due a hike up a mountain and my best friend from college wants to do a sans her husband 2 day backpack somewhere this summer either in CA or OR---Enjoy your hike!

I am going hiking today with a friend in an hour and I am super excited. We plan on going wherever my step brother takes us which I hope will be around Estes Park!!! I now have hiking the US parks on my bucket list if I can get my step bro talked into it!! It is turning out to be a much prettier day than expected and I will take it!!

What a fantastic day today. They were calling for cold wet weather but apparently Mother Nature was generous and gave my friend and I us perfect weather for hiking! I also took new pics but waiting for my friend to get them to me. We are doing monthly pics I guess. Can't wait to compare them to last month!

Cardio: 126 min hike 9.82k Yeah I was tired by the time I got home

Yoga: 60 min

Triceps, calves, abs

Vbar overhead extension: Warmup: 40 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets Triple drop sets 50 lbs 15 reps, 40 lbs 15 reps, 30 lbs 15 reps

Close grip bench press: Warmups: 40 lbs 10 reps, 50 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets 50 lbs 12 reps

Vbar pressdown: Warmups: 40 lbs 10 reps, 50 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets triple drop sets 70 lbs 10 reps, 60 lbs 10 reps, 50 lbs 10 reps

Standing calf raises: 7 sets 40 lbs 20 reps

Weighted crunch: Warmup: 10 lbs 10 reps, 3 set 15 lbs 15 reps

Hanging leg raises: 3 sets 17 reps (these used to be a really hard challenge)

Twists: 20 lbs 150 reps each side

Breakfast: 2 servings rice flour pancakes, 2 scoops protein powder

Snack: 1c red grapes

Lunch: clif builder bar (was on the trail)

Snack: 5.3 oz potato and 6 brussels sprouts roasted in the oven

Post workout: 2 scoops protein powder

Snack: 1/2c applesauce

I notice when I don't work I probably don't eat enough or I overeat.... Guess that happens when you are go go go

So I decided to have a cheat today...Not horribly bad so all is good but I realized I am totally addicted to peanut butter of all kinds. It was also a rest day for me. I did 25 min stationary bike and 20 min incline walking at 3.2 I will one day type out my incline walking

Well today we had an outting at work that involved Mexican food.... WEAKNESS!!!! We went and fed the elk since the bison were being anti-social and went to a reproduced cowtown. Was soooo fun! I got my pics up!!

Cardio: 25 min stationary bike lvl 6 random program, 25 min elliptical weight loss program lvl 3, 60 min boot camp

Breakfast: 1 large green monster

Snack: 1 peanut butter cookie larabar, 2 scoops protein powder

Lunch: 1 plain bean burrito, 1 1/2 baskets chips and salsa.... yeah i know i know

Snack: red grapes and 3 tbsp cinnamon raisin swirl peanut butter from Peanut Butter & CO

Post workout: 2 scoops protein

Yeah I am addicted to mexican food and peanut butter

Ok everything is back to normal thank goodness!!! I got to lift tonight and when I was doing a lift my shoulders pumped out at me from the mirror and I couldn't stop looking at myself. I have the biggest, sweetest cheerleader at the gym. He was trying to run a friend off while I was doing cardio. For a moment I thought he was more excited about my changes than me hahaha!!!

Cardio: 15 min walk before yoga, 60 min yoga, 25 min elliptical interval program, 25 min stationary bike random program lvl 6

Shoulders

Smith machine shoulder press: 2 warmup sets 40 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets 45 lbs 10 reps

Smith machine behind the head shoulder press: 1 set 40 lbs 8 reps, drop set 40 lbs, 30 lbs 8 reps, 10 reps

Machine side lat raise: 4 drop sets 60 lbs 40 lbs 10 reps each, 3 sets 50 lbs 40 lbs 10 reps each

Smith machine shrug: warmup set 25 lbs 10 reps, 1 set 35 lbs 20 reps, 2 sets 45 lbs 20 reps

Machine rear raises: 4 sets 30 lbs 15 reps, 3 sets 20 lbs 15 reps

Breakfast: 1 tbsp cinnamon raisin swirl pb, 3/4c dry oats, 2 tbsp flaxseed

Snack: 2 scoops protein powder, 1 peanut butter cookie larabar

Lunch: vegetable bean soup

Snack tofu vegetable strir-fry

Post workout: 1 tbsp cinnamon raisin swirl pb, 2 scoops protein powder

Supper: 1 large green monster

I got to lift tonight and when I was doing a lift my shoulders pumped out at me from the mirror and I couldn't stop looking at myself.

I love it when that happens!

Unfortunately, I hate to look at myself in the mirror (an issue I am currently working on), so those moments are few - but when it does, I am amazed at what I have done with my own body!

Working on this issue means that I go into the spin room when empty, keep the lights off (for now), and practice my posing and developing a somewhat hip hop posing routine for the individual round.

Do you think splits is so blah blah for a BBer to do? I can't do them now, but if I start now, I could do them in 3 months. It would also be cool to incorporate yoga poses into the routine perhaps. Mmmm, just starting to come up with ideas to entertain the audience.

I think splits are awesome! I am slowly working on doing them myself and my old yoga instructor told me I have magic hips. My inner groin muscles are very limber but it is my hamstrings that aren't wanting to release.... I LOVE looking at myself in the mirror anymore. I walk past one and I flex, check out my butt, shoulders or whatever I figure I have come a long ways and as RuPaul says.... If you can't love yourself how in the hell you gonna love someone else? Those are my new words to live by when I doubt myself

Ok I know I shouldn't but I have an addiction to Peanut Butter & Co peanut butter. My favorite??? Cinnamon raisin swirl, followed by white chocolate wonderful then dark chocolate dreams..... in 2 days I have, with a little help from my besties, eaten almost an entire jar of cinnamon raisin swirl. Right now I have white chocolate wonderful on a spoon in my mouth. I might need an intervention or stock in this stuff I haven't decided which yet!!! Oh is it bad I keep a jar in my gym bag???

Cardio: 30 min elliptical weight loss program lvl 3, 30 min stationary bike random program lvl 6

Chest/triceps

Flat dumbbell bench press: 2 warmup sets 15 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets 30 lbs 8 reps

Incline dumbbell press: 2 warmup sets 20 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 30 lbs 10 reps, triple drop set 30 lbs, 25 lbs, 20 lbs 10 reps each

Peck Deck: 2 sets 30 lbs 10 reps, 3 drop set 50 lbs 50 lbs 8 reps

Rope pressdown: 2 warmup sets 40 lbs 10 reps, 1 drop set 60 lbs, 50 lbs 12 reps each, 2 drop sets 50 lbs, 40 lbs 12 reps each

Overhead tricep extension: 2 warmup sets 20 lbs 10 reps, 3 drop sets 25 lbs 20 lbs 12 reps each

Close grip smith machine bench press: 2 warmup set 50 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets 60 lbs 12 reps

Breakfast: 1 tbsp cinnamon raisin swirl pb, 3/4c dry oats, 2 tbsp flaxseed

Snack: 1 peanut butter larabar, 2 scoops protein powder

Lunch: large bowl vegetable bean soup

Snack: tofu vegetable stir-fry

Post workout: 3 tbsp peanut butter, 2 scoops protein powder

Sounds heavenly to me!

See if it gives you more ompf in your workouts! Fats like in peanut butter, should make your energy level even out and make you last longer as you exercise (so your body can keep up with your mind that wants to do one more set of something ^.^).

I can say my body responds better to higher fat foods. My true test was the close grip smith machine bench press at 60 lbs not including the smith machine which they think is about 35 lbs. I thought for sure I would have put on some weight so far this week so I took a little peeksee WRONG! I lost 4 tenths of a pound and I still have today and the weekend before i weight in...... I know it isn't healthy but I can actually lose weight by eating nothing but chips and salsa. I prefer peanut butter now of course. I just finished off the cinnamon raisin swirl so I need to get more. It is perfect in oatmeal and I have white chocolate and dark chocolate peanut butters for throughout the day. I figure a tsp here and there won't hurt me to much and helps relieve my stress when it spikes up. But I also have increased my Acai and blueberry green tea intake. instead of 1 cup I am now drinking 2 or 3. I get to test the fat theory again today. Supposed to do leg press but actually get to go heavy since it isn't super high reps. I am hoping to see if I can still lift 360 lbs but my goal is to do 370 lbs. So I am taking a vega pre workout energizer and peanut butter before I hit legs. Will let you know how I feel

Breakfast: 3/4c dry oats, 2 tbsp cinnamon raisin peanut butter

Snack: 1 peanut butter larabar, 2 scoops protein powder

Lunch: large bowl vegetable bean soup

Post workout: 5 glutamine chews, 2 tbsp peanut butter, 2 scoops protein powder

Yoga: 60 mins

Walk: 20 mins

Boot camp: 50 mins

Legs

Single leg hamstring curl: 2 warmup sets 20 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 25 lbs 20 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 40 lbs 35 lbs 10 reps (switched to double

leg on last 2 sets knee didn't like single leg)

Stiff leg deadlift: 2 warmup sets 50 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 70 lbs 18 reps

Leg press: 2 warmup sets 200 lbs 10 reps, 1 set 300 lbs 20 reps, 1 set 370 lbs 20 reps (this set I had to pump myself up for. I really

wanted to do it and had the umph in me to do it just needed the right song to push it out)

Leg extension: 2 warmup sets 45 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets 60 lbs, 45 lbs, 30 lbs 20 reps each

Superset

Seated leg curl: warmup set 45 lbs 10 reps, 3 drop sets 75 lbs 60 lbs 16 reps each

Standing calf raise: warmup set 20 reps, 3 sets 40 reps

Was a really good day. Feeling really strong and focused. I made a goal for myself today, leg press 370 lbs and I nailed it. I had to reach deep and pull out my go to song, Frayed Ends of Sanity remake by Six Feet Under. That song assist me with any set I need to push through. Some days I feel like I am insane for doing what I do. Planning a cheat for next weekend. I am thinking it is going to be peanut butter cream pie! I am tired tonight and have to work tomorrow. 6 day work weeks are starting to catch up with me again and I don't like it. Tomorrow looks to be back, biceps, and abs. Going to be a rough day but always up for my challenge!!!!!

Breakfast: cinnamon raisin swirl oatmeal

Snack: protein shake, potato chips (think I am getting close to my monthly)

Lunch: homemade vegetable lentil soup

Post workout: Peanut butter and protein shake with 5 glutamine chew tablets

Supper: Leftover tofu veggie stir-fry

Cardio: 30 min stationary bike lvl 6 random program, 25 min elliptical weight loss program lvl 3

Back, biceps, abs

Giant sets

Assisted chin ups: 3 sets 16 reps

Behind the head pulldowns: 3 sets 70 lbs 12 reps

Cable rows: 3 drop sets 60 lbs 50 lbs 12 reps

Superset

Bent over row: 3 sets 60 lbs 12 reps

Back extension: 3 drop sets 130 lbs 110 lbs 12 reps

Superset

Alternating dumbbell curl: 1 set 15 lbs 20 reps, 2 sets 15 lbs 8 reps

Overhead cable curls: 3 drop sets 25 lbs 20 lbs 8 reps

Lying bicep curl: 3 drop sets 30 lbs 20 lbs 20 reps

Weighted crunches: 3 sets 20 lbs 15 reps

Was completely mentally drained today had to struggle through work. A I didn't want to be there, B was tired and C it was to beautiful to be stuck inside. Had a creepy handy man compliment me on my legs today. I was in wide leg jeans...... Did I mention he was creepy?