Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kim's Beast Training
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:53 pm 
VBB Moderator

Thanks! I live in Brooklyn but I am close to Manhattan and go there often. I have been to Blossom and I liked it. That was the only place on your list I have been so far so I am excited to try some of the other spots. The curry soup sounds amazing and the veg ice cream with coconut wipped topping (I am a sucker for anything coconut).

-Dylan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:12 am 
Rabbit

C.O. wrote:
Thanks! I live in Brooklyn but I am close to Manhattan and go there often. I have been to Blossom and I liked it. That was the only place on your list I have been so far so I am excited to try some of the other spots. The curry soup sounds amazing and the veg ice cream with coconut wipped topping (I am a sucker for anything coconut).

-Dylan

Ha fantastic! I am a sucker for all that is coconut as well. Let me know what you think of some of the other places. New York is a great place for vegans...Boston not quite as much but we're getting there.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:58 pm 
VBB Moderator

Fosho. I also just checked your profile and checked out that beat blog, is that your blog or just one that you like? I assume its yours but thought I'd ask.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:14 am 
Rabbit

C.O. wrote:
Fosho. I also just checked your profile and checked out that beat blog, is that your blog or just one that you like? I assume its yours but thought I'd ask.

Yea, that'd be me. I haven't been doing a great job of keeping it updated though. I'm super busy with work and training and eating haha. I do plan on trying to put my weekly workout's and training goals up though, I have a few races I'm training for and I hope that maybe I can inspire someone...somewhere. Feel free to go to my facebook page too, I occasionally put up some recipes and pics of my food. And if you're interested, I have been trying to get someone to write a guest post from a vegan perspective.

Kim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:37 pm 
VBB Moderator

I temporarily deactivated my fb. But I will friend you when I reactivate it. I am down to write a guest post but I'm not 100% vegan. I'm still working at that, I'd say I'm like 85% there. :)
I think I'm a great resource for the community though. Vegans need those close but not there yet backing them to support the movement I think :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:56 pm 
Rabbit

C.O. wrote:
I temporarily deactivated my fb. But I will friend you when I reactivate it. I am down to write a guest post but I'm not 100% vegan. I'm still working at that, I'd say I'm like 85% there. :)
I think I'm a great resource for the community though. Vegans need those close but not there yet backing them to support the movement I think :)

Awesome. Hey you could always write about your journey as a partial vegan haha. I think that's great. :)

Kim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:06 pm 
VBB Moderator

Sure I'd love to. Just tell me when and how. I'm a pretty good writer. I work for eHow writing instructional articles and I used to write copy for radio commercials. I think a big reason for the 15% non-veganess is people around me. Specifically I often seem to end up dating ladies that love meat and won't be swayed... Its a curse. My current fling or whatever has already shown she has a problem with me not eating meat...haha shouldn't it be the other way around? I don't give her flack for what she eats grrr. tmi, sorry. Pretend you didn't read any of that except for the first couple lines about me letting you know I'd be down to write on your site.

-Dylan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:06 pm 
VBB Moderator

Sure I'd love to. Just tell me when and how. I'm a pretty good writer. I work for eHow writing instructional articles and I used to write copy for radio commercials. I think a big reason for the 15% non-veganess is people around me. Specifically I often seem to end up dating ladies that love meat and won't be swayed... Its a curse. My current fling or whatever has already shown she has a problem with me not eating meat...haha shouldn't it be the other way around? I don't give her flack for what she eats grrr. tmi, sorry. Pretend you didn't read any of that except for the first couple lines about me letting you know I'd be down to write on your site.

-Dylan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:13 am 
Rabbit

C.O. wrote:

-Dylan

Awesome, I really appreciate it. You can write an article whenever you have some free time, no stress. You can email me the article or any questions at kaliunleashed@gmail.com. I know what you mean about the dating thing, I've never dated a vegan, they've always been meat people. I got lucky with my husband though, he's a meat eater but he doesn't have a problem with me being vegan. He actually thinks it's great that I'm vegan and I'm passionate about it. I don't think I can convert him, though I wish I could. I appreciate that he doesn't give me crap for my lifestyle, and I try not to give him any, but you know, it's hard when he fries everything haha. I would just say, whoever you are with should accept and appreciate you for who you are. Sorry for your women troubles, but i'm sure things will work out in the end, they always do :)

Kim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:41 am 
Rabbit

I am starting to see some definition in my shoulders and legs, which is great! I need to keep at it and not falter. I want to be able to see bi and tri definition so hopefully I'll start to see some change after a few more months of the training I'm doing.

Today's WOD:

Leg Extensions - 3 sets of 10 reps: 100lb

Wide Stance Barbell Squat - 3 sets of 10 reps: 100lb

Lunges - 3 sets of 10 reps

Single-Leg Barbell Deadlift - 3 sets of 10 reps:15lb

Lying Leg Curls - 3 sets of 10 reps: 60lb

Seated Calf Raise - 3 sets of 10 reps: 125lb

Standing Calf Raises - 3 sets of 10 reps: 100lb

Food:

Breakfast:
Chocolate Green Smoothie
protein shake with banana
hot chocolate

Snack:
Baked sweet potato with cinnamon
tea

Lunch:
Bag of carrots
Salad(lettuce, shredded beets, hemp seeds, pepitas, nutritional yeast, cucumber, mushrooms, mustard, green pepper)
orange
tea

Snack:
apple
water

Dinner:
Raw chili

Snack:
apple with walnut butter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:11 pm 
VBB Moderator

Yup, I'll write up something for your website, next time I get a little spare time.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:14 am 
Rabbit

C.O. wrote:
Yup, I'll write up something for your website, next time I get a little spare time.

Awesome, thank you!! :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:23 am 
Rabbit

Today was an arm day!! I am starting to see some definition in my bi's and tri's...very exciting.

WOD:
Narrow Pushups - 4 sets of 15 reps

Seated Triceps Press - 4 sets of 8 reps: 30lb's

(Superset)
Cable One Arm Tricep Extension - 3 sets of 8 reps: 13lbs

One-Arm Reverse Grip Triceps Pushdown- 3 sets of 8 reps - 23lb's
(End Superset)

(Superset)
Skullcrushers - 3 sets of 8 reps: 17.5lb's

Close-Grip Barbell Bench Press - 3 sets of 8 reps:40 lb's
(End of superset)

Incline Dumbbell Curl - 4 sets of 8 reps: 15lbs

Dumbbell Alternate Bicep Curl - 4 sets of 8 reps: 20lb's

Barbell Curl 21's - 2 sets of 21 reps: 30lb's

Stability Ball Crunch - 3 sets of 25 reps

Jackknife Sit-Up on Stability Ball - 3 sets of 15 reps

Stability Ball Reverse Crunches (ball between feet) - 3 sets of 15 reps

Food:

Breakfast:
Chocolate Green Smoothie
Oatmeal with walnut butter, banana and almond milk

Snack:
Baked sweet potato
tea

Lunch:
Bag of carrots
Salad(lettuce, shredded beets, hemp seeds, pepitas, cucumber, mushrooms, mustard, green pepper)
orange
tea

Snack:
apple
water

Dinner:
Raw chili
water

Snack:
dried figs
tea

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:25 am 
Rabbit

Back from a long weekend anniversary vacation. I was still able to do a workout Friday morning and Saturday morning and got a wonderful full body massage Saturday as well. However, my diet went slack. I rarely get the chance to eat vegan/Gluten free cake and I took advantage of it as well as some other vegan treats. I am determined to get back on track and eat clean and train hard. I am too close to my goals to give up now. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:01 am 
Rabbit

I've been out for a little while. I celebrated my 3 year anniversary and when we got back I started getting sick and have been sick for the past week and a half or so. But I'm feeling better now and ready to get back at it. I've started doing a cutting phase which has a lot of HIIT's, supersets and triple sets and active rests. The weights are lower because there are higher reps.

WOD:
(Superset)
Seated Leg Curl - 3 sets of 15 reps :80 lb

Lunge - 3 sets of 15 reps, per side

(Superset)
Stiff-Legged Barbell Deadlift - 3 sets of 15 reps: 30lb

Bounce-Bounce-Squat (Two jumps in place and then open up into a plie squat) - 3 sets of 15 reps: 15lb weight

(Superset)
Standing Leg Curl - 3 sets of 15 reps: 20lb

Split Squats - 3 sets of 15 reps: 15 lb weight

(Superset)
One Leg Barbell Squat On A Bench - 3 sets of 15 reps: 20lb

Stability Ball Leg Curl - 3 sets of 15 reps

(Working Set + Active Rest)
Lying Leg Curls - 3 sets of 20 reps, one leg at a time : 15lb

Mountain Climbers - 3 sets of 20 reps

(Triple Set)
Standing Calf Raises - 3 sets of 20 reps: 30lb dumbbells in each hand

Seated Calf Raise - 3 sets of 20 reps: 90lb

Rope Jumping - 3 sets of 1 min

Food:

Breakfast:
Chocolate Green Smoothie
Oatmeal with almond butter, banana, ground flax seed and almond milk and a bit of maple syrup

Snack:
orange
tea with almond milk

Lunch:
Bag of carrots
Salad(lettuce, shredded beets, hemp seeds, pepitas, cucumber, mushrooms, mustard, green pepper, onion)
orange
tea

Snack:
apple
water

Dinner:
Raw chili
water

Snack:
banana with almond butter

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next