Yeti Log: AKA Run Beard Man, Run!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm taking this entire week off resistance training.

On Tuesday I did a combo sprint/distance run. First 2.5min I ran 6.5mph, then I did 6.5mph for 1 min, 10mph sprints for 30 sec all the way till 12 min mark, then a solid 6.5mph jog for another 18 min.

Today I did a distance run, 4.6 miles at 6.5mph.

I will do weighted hill sprints on Saturday, then return to the iron.

I have probably located a new van, back home in CT. Psyched. It's a 1999 Volkswagen Eurovan T4 camper conversion with pop top, 4L diesel AWD with 90k miles.

Soooo excited. It's only 2k.

Good for you, Yetimeister. Periodic leaves of absence have always done wonders for my strength and morale. Today, I built large garden trellises from reclaimed wood instead of going to the gym. I'm sore in whole new places. Viva la difference!

Good luck on your wheels. May I suggest Yetimobile as a nickname? Post pics.

Baby Herc

Back to lifting today. I feel INCREDIBLY strong. My body is certainly renewed and recharged. I cannot stress how good I feel and how I blasted today's workout. My focus is renewed and I feel supercharged.

3-11-12 Day A1 Legs/Chest/Biceps

Vest Split Squats/Jump Squats/Good Mornings +50lbs x10x10x10x10 ->60lbs (First time my legs have burned like fire in AGES)

Vest Weighted Pushups +75lbs x5x5x5x5x4 ->77.5lbs

DB Flys 2x48lbs x8x8x8x8 ->X Reps of 10lbs until more iron is bought

Vest Chinups +27.5lbs x5x5x5x5x4 ->30lbs

DB Curls 2x40.5lbs x8x8x8x8 Extra then to failure on a 5th set -> 43lbs

The vest is incredible. It works extremely well and changes the dynamics of bodyweight+ because the iron is balanced!

5 min jog, 20 min of sprinting, 5 ming jog, 10 minutes of light ab work.

*knackered*

I did my abs on the monkey bars and this kid came up and grabbed my leg for balance. So I smiled at him and his mother gave me the dirtiest look. She made me feel like the filthiest scumbag when I was just trying to be friendly. ;_:

yek on her. and why would you feel like a scumbag? --you don't even look like a smegmy predator---maybe its the moustacheless beard?!...and trust me, I know what its like to feel like a scumbag! hey...do you have a CA Drivers license or ID card? You can get a free pass to 24..there is a really nice one in College Grove, a Magic Johnson one...before you take the YetiVan on a trip, we need to go to the gym! I go back to two cardio workouts/day starting tomorrow, in Operation "fatbegone" (and so I can go to Ranchos and eat!) monkey bars sound fun.

yek on her. and why would you feel like a scumbag? --you don't even look like a smegmy predator---maybe its the moustacheless beard?!...and trust me, I know what its like to feel like a scumbag! hey...do you have a CA Drivers license or ID card? You can get a free pass to 24..there is a really nice one in College Grove, a Magic Johnson one...before you take the YetiVan on a trip, we need to go to the gym! I go back to two cardio workouts/day starting tomorrow, in Operation "fatbegone" (and so I can go to Ranchos and eat!) monkey bars sound fun.

How do you get a free pass to 24 hour fitness? Is it like a day pass or something?

• 4 months later...

My new routine is focusing on doing the best I can with what I have. I have been living in my van full time while supporting my disabled mother. We are trying to get her on her feet and I hope within' the next few months I can move back into moving some iron. But I am very much enjoying my highly endurance and speed based training. I have been doing resistance training 2x a week for 30-45min running 3x a week for 45-90min, sprinting 2x a week for 30-45 min, and loading down with 50lbs or so 2x a week for weighted hikes, 1-2hrs.

My body is in remarkable shape. My resting heart rate is ridiculous low. I feel fantastic. I am convinced the human body is built for power, speed, and endurance, not just one or the other.

Here is my schedule:

Sun: Chest/Biceps/Light Legs + 1 Weighted Walk +50lbs

Mon: Run 1 Hr Min

Tues: Sprint 45 Min

Wed: Run 1.5 hrs

Thurs: Back/Triceps/Lower Back +1-2hr Weighted Walk +50lbs

Fri: Sprint 45 Min

Sat: Run 1 Hr

My diet is 75% Raw, 25% cooked Vegan. I eat 1 cooked meal a day consisting of a cup or two of beans or legumes, maybe some cooked veggies. The rest of my food comes from nut salads, fruit salads, chop salads, seeds, etc. Stuff my mom makes me. I am eating raw local honey because my immune system was suffering greatly. My white blood cell count has been high and not dropped in weeks. I am in the process of totally eliminate grains. Down to rice, buckwheat, and oats.

I am practicing hard not over eating, 1 dinner plate of food for my main meal, then a nut salad, fruit salad, and some fruit snicky snack.

Tomorrow I meet Amy AKA Divamom for Ranchos. YAAAY.

Glad to hear you are doing so well, Yeti. Have you tried soaking whole oat groats yet? Just soak them overnight for chewy goodness or two days for softer fare. They go well in smoothies, have lots of protein, and if you stir a bowl of them with a little melted coconut oil and some honey, they make a freakin' delicious breakfast cereal!

Stay awesome!

Herc

They updated their menu, Yeti! They have Vegan cake now!!!! Havent been to Ranchos in over a year...can't wait. Will stop at the co o and get a Kombucha for dessert, but best vegan treats in San Diego are still at Jimbos!!!

They updated their menu, Yeti! They have Vegan cake now!!!! Havent been to Ranchos in over a year...can't wait. Will stop at the co o and get a Kombucha for dessert, but best vegan treats in San Diego are still at Jimbos!!!

Mm, Vegan cake. Mom and I are in Oceanside. See you tonight at 6:30 buddy ol' pal.

Today was kinda crummy, my health is still on the mend and my allergies are going nuts. It was my short/fast day today, I aim for 45 min these days at about 4-5 miles.

I managed to eek out 3 3/4 miles in 35 minutes. Or around a 9 and quarter mile.

I feel like I did worse than I did, but considering my health and the hills where I am it's not too horrible I guess.

• 7 months later...