Synny's training journal

had the umph in me to do it just needed the right song to push it out)

this is how I feel alot of times too!

Had a creepy handy man compliment me on my legs today. I was in wide leg jeans...... Did I mention he was creepy?

when you start to look good, the creeps just come out of nowhere and smile and compliment you. I just smile and say thank you, and with no eye contact, go about my business (in the opposite direction! ^.^ ).

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he has been creepin around a lot lately and I make sure I say I only date younger guys. He is giving me a greenhouse for free so I don't want to be to rude..... As for the right song... I have 5 songs that I turn to but 9 times out of 10 it will be Frayed Ends of Sanity by Six Feet Under yes it is a Metallica remake

Can I just say that trail hiking in misty conditions with lots of mud makes for an awesome workout?? I did do that today yes I am insane lol!!! I am not documenting my meals today cause A I didn't measure and B it probably wasn't enough....But I am documenting everything I did though Being a good girl and have beans in the slow cooker for the week. Going to have to find something else to eat soon since it is starting to warm up and I don't like soup when it is spring and summer

6.88k trail hiking 1hr 48 min

Yoga 60 min

Stationary bike lvl 6 random program 30 min

Elliptical weight loss program lvl 4 20 min

*sigh* the scale didn't move for me this week. Yeah a little disappointed but not the end of the world. Mom asked me what I had cooking in the slow cooker I said beans and she turned her nose up and said oh. That look was priceless hahahahaha. Think I am going to throw in an extra biceps day. Starting to see some change in it and now want to give them some extra attention. Love the look of some nice guns

I got to play outside today. I put together a birdhouse pole and birdhouse. Tomorrow I will be sawing some of a old pole off to stick the new in. Hell I may not and just rig it up hehe

Breakfast: 2 tbsp cinnamon raisin peanut butter, 3/4c oats

Snack: 2 protein powder

Lunch: 1c cooked black beans, 1 carrot, 1 celery stalk, 1.75oz mushrooms, 1 oz onions, 1/2c sweet potato

Snack: 2 servings tofu, 4oz broccoli, 4 oz asparagus mix, 7 asparagus spears

Post workout: 1/2 tbsp dark chocolate dreams peanut butter, 2 scoops protein powder

Cardio: 20 min treadmill booty blaster 3.2 speed, 20 min treadmill booty blaster 3.5 speed, 10 min stair mill lvl 4

Biceps

Incline dumbbell curl: 2 warmup sets 12 lbs 10 reps, 3 drop sets 15 lbs 12 lbs 8 reps

Lying cable curl: warmup set 25 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 35 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 40 lbs 12 reps

Standing inner bicep curl: warmup set 8 lbs 12 reps, 3 sets 12 lbs 12 reps, 1 set 15 lbs 12 reps

Forearm curl: warmup set 8 lbs 20 reps, 3 sets 10 lbs 20 reps, 1 sets 12 lbs 20 reps

7 asparagus spears

Do you have access to fresh asparagus? I planted some out in a field by my garden, and this should be the year that I can pick enough to keep me happy for a couple of weeks or so. (First year they were too skinny and too few, and the next year I got 8 good spears. Now I hope to get a good bunch as it has had 2 seasons of leaves to compost on top of them - and the winter was real easy this year - and so far the rain seems to be plenty!).

A friend of mine planted them a couple years ago for her ex she is going to be dividing them up between me and another friend. Otherwise I stock up at the Farmer's market. I am not happy unless I have my brussels sprouts and asparagus. Going to be planting my sugar snap peas today since it is moist enough and will be getting more rain this week. Need to see what else I want to plant maybe some onions!!!

Today is one day I wish I had waited to do my workout till after boot camp.... Live and learn hahaha. It was an absolute perfect day. The family I take care of got the transplant call and most are now in St Louis waiting to see if they get the lungs or if it is just a dry run. Worked on putting the birdhouse up. got the poles caulked and tomorrow I get to put it up in the air and hope it doesn't move!! Went to the lake to feed the elk, took my lady to get an ice cream cone, and went to the nursery and bought some really pretty pansies and planted them for her.

Breakfast: 2 tbsp cinnamon raisin swirl peanut butter, 1/2c dry oats

Snack: 1 large green monster smoothie

Lunch: vegetable bean soup homemade

Snack: tofu vegetable stir-fry no rice

Supper: left over vegetable bean soup

Post workout: 5 glutamine tablets, 2 scoops protein powder

Cardio: 10 min lvl 4 stairmill rolling hills program, 10 min lvl 6 stairmill rolling hills program, 55 min boot camp

Shoulders and calves

Superset

Side lateral raise: 2 warmup sets 8 lbs 10 reps, 3 triple drop sets 10 lbs 8 lbs 5 lbs 12 reps

Front raise: 1 warmup set 8 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets 10 lbs 12 reps

Superset

Military press: 2 warmup sets 20 lbs 10 reps, 3 triple drop sets 40 lbs 30 lbs 20 lbs 8 reps

Seated bent over rear raises: 2 warmup sets 5 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets 8 lbs 12 reps

Smith machine shoulder shrug: 4 sets 70 lbs 20 reps (never include weight of smith machine)

Superset

Seated calf raise: 2 triple drop sets 130 lbs 110 lbs 90 lbs 12 reps

Standing calf raise: 2 sets 25 reps

Out of curiosity since I noticed I am bloated I stepped on the scale and it says I gained 2 lbs... Not bad since I normally gain 5 and pulled out the measuring tape to measure (it has only been 14 days since I last measured) lost .5" around the chest, 1" around the waist, 1" around the hips, 2" around my neck. I can't complain at all not one single bit. Very proud of myself at this moment

So another wonderful day spent outside at work. Loving these days!! Cleaned a flowerbed, put up a bird house and raked up twigs/branches and picked them up.

Cardio: 20 min elliptical lvl 4 weight loss program, 20 min elliptical lvl 6 weight loss program, 60 min yoga

Chest/ triceps/ abs

Dumbbell press: 5 warmup sets 25 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 30 lbs 8 reps

Decline bench press: warmup set 55 lbs 10 reps, warmup set 65 lbs 10 reps, 1 triple drop set 75 lbs 65 lbs 55 lbs 8 reps

Incline dumbbell press: 2 warmup sets 25 lbs 10 reps, 1 drop set 30 lbs 25 lbs 10 reps

Cable crossover: 2 warmup sets 20 lbs 12 reps, 1 drop set 40 lbs 30 lbs 10 reps

Superset

Lying tricep extension: 3 sets 20 lbs 12 reps

Lying pullover: 3 sets 20 lbs 10 reps

Overhead dumbbell extension: 2 warmup sets 20 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets 25 lbs 12 reps

Bench dips: 3 sets 12 reps

Incline reverse crunch: 3 sets 15 reps

Russian twists: 150 reps each side

Breakfast: 1/2c dry oats, 2 tbsp cinnamon raisin swirl peanut butter

Snack: 3 tbsp dark chocolate dreams peanut butter, 1 serving protein powder

Lunch: 1.5 serving tortilla chips, vegetable bean soup

Snack: tofu vegetable stir-fry

Post workout: 1 tbsp dark chocolate dreams peanut butter, 2 servings protein powder

Snack: 2.5 servings mandarin oranges

Ok with all this lovely weather I have spent the last 3 days outside at work haha. 2 of the days have been cleaning up the backyard. I have been offered the job of mowing and of course I get to rake up the leaves and twigs too. Won't complain one bit since I like the extra exercise and not being stuck inside

Breakfast: 1/2c dry oats, 2 tbsp cinnamon raisin swirl peanut butter

Snack: 1 large green monster smoothie

Lunch: 5.3oz baked fingerling potatoes, 12 roasted brussels sprouts, 1 carro roasted, 2 slices GF Millet bread, sliced strawberries

2 tbsp dark chocolate dreams peanut butter

Snack: tofu vegetable stir-fry

Post workout: 5 glutamine chew tablets, 1 tbsp dark chocolate dream peanut butter

Supper: vegetable bean soup

Cardio: 33 min 2.87km walk with dog, 25 min stair mill fat burner plus program lvl 4

Legs

Superset

Leg press: 3 sets 180 lbs 25 reps

Barbell squat: 3 sets 50 lbs 10 reps

Superset

Seated leg curl: 1 set 75 lbs 20 reps, 2 sets 90 lbs 20 reps

Standing leg curl: 3 sets 10 lbs 10 reps

Hack Squats: 3 sets 50 lbs 30 reps (2 sets I did barefoot. I feel more stabilized and will be doing that more now)

Unilateral leg extension: 2 sets 30 lbs 20 reps, 2 sets 30 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 30 lbs 5 reps (no rest between sets)

Lying hamstring curl: 3 sets 35 lbs 12 reps

Legs felt weaker from all the yard work the past couple days so didn't go as heavy as I wanted but still felt strong doing each and every rep. No complaints about today's workout but looking forward to my "rest" day tomorrow hahaha like I ever truly rest lol

Wasn't a very happy camper today. Was stuck inside most of the day and didn't get much outside time Today I realized it is now time to eat cooler raw foods. The thought of cooking food isn't appealing like opening the fridge and grabbing fruit or veggies or making a smoothie. I just have to make sure I get enough protein and fat cause to many carbs and low fat & protein = binge eating for me. I want to find a good cold cereal that is GF and has more than 2g protein.... Today was an active rest day for me but didn't feel like a rest day.

Cardio: 25 min weight loss program lvl 5 elliptical, 60 min yoga, 55 min boot camp, 48 min 3.42km walk with dog

Breakfast: 2 tbsp cinnamon raisin swirl peanut butter, 1/2c dry oats

Snack: 2 scoops protein powder, 1 tbsp white chocolate wonder, 1 slice millet bread

Lunch: vegetable bean tofu soup

Snack: large green monster smoothie

Supper: Strawberry protein smoothie and 2.5 servings mandarin oranges

Snack: 2 scoops protein powder

Today was a good day. Granted I was stuck inside but we opened up the house and the wind was blowing right in making me feel good. I think I might like raw more than I thought but getting my protein might be a little tricky.... will have to research more to ensure I get my nutrients. Still kinda hungry but I know I have a protein shake coming up before bed. Think tomorrow I will pull out the walnuts from the freezer and grind up some flaxseed and eat oatmeal instead of pancakes although they were YUMMY! I like my cooked breakfast to much to give it up lol

Breakfast: 2 servings brown rice flour pancakes w/ dark chocolate dreams peanut butter (YUMYYYYYYYYYYY)

Snack: 1 slice millet bread w/ 1 tbsp dark chocolate dreams peanut butter

Lunch: 2c 50/50 salad mix w/ 1 tbsp dressing, 2 unpeeled raw carrots, 1 celery stalk w/ 1/2 tbsp plain peanut butter sprinkled w/

dried cranberries, 2c purple grapes and 2 scoops protein powder

Snack: Green monster smoothie (kale, spinach, parsley, cucumber, apple, banana, kiwi, Vanilla Warrior Food protein powder,

Vitamineral Greens and Vitamineral Earth and honey... I know not vegan but sounded yummy)

Post workout: 2 scoops protein powder, 1c Mango fruit smoothie blend

Cardio: 2 laps between working sets for 30 laps

Back/biceps

Reverse grip hammer pulldown: 1 warmup set 25 lbs 10 reps, warmup set 35 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets 45 lbs 10 reps

1 arm row: warmup set 12 lbs 10 reps, warmup set 20 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 25 lbs 15 reps, 1 set 30 lbs 15 reps

Bent over row: warmup set 45 lbs 10 reps, warmup set 55 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 75 lbs 12 reps, 1 set 95 lbs 12 partial reps

Reverse grip pulldwon: 1 set 60 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 75 lbs 15 reps

Spider curls: warmup set 10 lbs 10 reps, 1 set 12 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 15 lbs 10 reps

Concentration curl: warmup set 12 lbs 10 reps, 1 set 12 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 15 lbs 15 reps

Machine Preacher curls: 2 sets 20 lbs 15 reps, 5 sets 30 lbs 15 reps

Will worry about cardio tomorrow when I go trail hiking. Can't wait look forward to it every weekend and can't wait to save up for once a month trips out of town to hike different trails. First trip will be to Colorado to A see family and B hit the trails with my step brother. Hope my friend can come with me tomorrow!

thanks for the good cheer; I am / was struggling...the 18 year old bulimic seems to be rearing her ugly head (in me)...even 32 year old victories haunt us sometimes....

hope your outside time rocks! (cold and rainy for us here in SoCal)

Trust me the first 31 yrs of my life were filled with self doubt, negative attitude and lots of self inflicted abuse. Now when I start to doubt myself I tell that bitch to go away she isn't welcome in my brain anymore and then usually someone comes up and compliments me or asks how my journey is going. That reaffirms my path even if I know the path I am on is right

Went hiking today and was just what I needed! I didn't track it like I should have and we took a slightly different path but it was probably 6km like last weekend. It was so nice I even hung my clothes out to dry today. My diet today was off per Sunday usual lol. March Madness has my nerves on end right now with my teams. Jennifer took a pic of me today so I thought I would share it. She told me my legs look good and wished she had my legs. Made me feel good I have to throw this out there since I mentioned March Madness ROCK CHALK JAYHAWKS GO KU!!!! Tried and true I bleed crimson and blue we are Sweet 16 bound!!!!!!!!!

Breakfast: 2/3c dry oats, 2 tbsp dark chocolate dreams and 1 banana

Snack: 1 mandarin orange, 1 slice millet bread, 1 tbsp dark chocolate dreams, 2 scoops protein powder

Lunch: clif builder bar

Snack: large green machine and 2 tbsp DCD

Supper: handful black grapes, 1 celery stick w/ peanut butter and cranberries, 2 scoops protein powder

2 hr hike and 60 min yoga

Shoulders, calves and abs

Dumbbell shoulder press: warmup set 12 lbs 10 reps, warmup 15 lbs 10 reps, 1 set 20 lbs 8 reps, 1 set 25 lbs 8 reps

Side raise: 3 sets 12 lbs 12 reps

Alternating seated front raise: 2 sets 10 lbs 12 reps, 1 set 12 lbs 12 reps

Around the world: 3 sets 10 lbs 10 reps (supposed to be cable side raises but they didn't feel comfortable)

Wide grip upright row: 3 sets 40 lbs 15 reps, 4 sets 30 lbs 15 reps

Superset

45 degree calf raise: 3 sets 140 lbs 20 reps

Double crunch: 3 sets 30 reps

Twists: 300 reps each side

MT.thumb.jpg.9e85aae5a7f89bce55ee8a6ddad3efe3.jpg

No wonder I like you! This photo brings back many nice memories of my best friend thru high school! You look alot like her, and she had a sunny personality too! We made quite the combo back then. We were both cheerleaders, and she was my sturdy base, while I twirled and was part of the middle pyramid during those days. Haven't heard from her for a long time now. . .

First thing I noticed was the delts! You have got quite a shoulder on you! The forearms were next, and then the triceps/biceps. You do have quite the potential for building MORE muscle! Your wrists are strong, are they not? I can usually tell by the forearms (strong wrists) and calves if a person can build alot of muscle for BB.

Enjoy the nice weather! I know I am!

Gaia I am broad shouldered which I always thought to be a curse but find it a blessing now. I haven't done any forearm work, triceps respond so fast for me I hate training them to much but my biceps... oh those are what I want to be nice and big. Calves won't grow just have nice definition when I flex. I want to get as big as I can without losing friends. Already been told if I get to big no one will talk to me anymore. Jungle I complain in my head about how much I hate doing the cardio part unless it comes to trail hiking. I am at complete peace and just follow the trail. Uphill, downhill, rough terrain, through mud and water..... Diva thanks.That was one demon I had to cast out of my head fast. Typical response for internet dating for me when asked what I look like was short fat and ugly. I had so much self doubt and had no self worth.....

So today was supposed to be a rest day.... I THINK NOT!!! I realized something was completely missing from my training and that would be a nice hard glutes workout. Yeah the hack squats and leg press hit them but not like I like. So I decided I am going to add a glutes day to my routine and work on building my butt up since the fat seems to be disappearing there and it is feels like it is getting flat. Mirror seems to say otherwise but yeah I want a better ass. Yes I am slightly vain.... Was stuck inside today watching the rain fall which was nice but yeah I wanted to be outside something fierce. I am posting pics of 2 of my meals. Dunno why but oh well lol.

Breakfast: 2/3c oats, 2 tbsp dark chocolate peanut butter, 1 mashed banana

Snack: 1c black grapes, 2 mandarin oranges, 2 scoops protein powder

Lunch: See pic

Snack: see pics, 1 serving vitamineral green, 1 tbsp vitamineral earth, 1 serving warrior food vanilla protein powder

Supper: 1c mixed frozen berries, 2 scoops protein powder

(still trying to figure out the mostly raw diet.....)

Cardio: 20 min walk with dog 2.04km, 25 min elliptical glute program #2 resistance lvl 8, 15 min Step Mill lvl 4 fat blaster

plus program

Glutes

Kneeling squats (never heard of but yeah LOVE): 4 sets 40 lbs 15 reps

Plate glute bridge: 4 sets 25 lbs 12 reps

Standing glute kickback: 4 sets 12 reps (couldn't get my hands on a band for resistance and the pulley stations were busy)

Butt Blaster: 4 sets 40 lbs 8 reps

Walking lunges w/ kickbacks: 3 sets 12 lbs DBs 10 reps

My glutes haven't had a good thrashing and felt the need to work them. I could have gone and done more but I wanted to get home to my puppy

lunch.thumb.jpg.be63ee7b6c5284efa83f237d3baa10c4.jpg

snack1.jpg.82c765bab3a50ea78ec7f2e2cfece35a.jpg

snack.jpg.c868d19b1536886cdf4bc0375c1bf034.jpg