BlueRose's diet/exercise diary of Les Mills Combat!

Day 2 of the juice cleanse!

Today is one of my two rest days, but thinking of squeezing in a workout should I have time later.

This afternoon is another final interview, plus the people making the decision on whether or not I will be hired for the job I want is gathering at 4 to discuss.

The place whose offer I wasn't going to take upped the salary, it's still a paycut but nowhere near as bad of a one. But it's still lower than industry standard, which I take strong issue with. I can't help but feel that I'm being nickeled and dimed because I'm a) unemployed and b) a woman in the field. Spoke to a recruiter who said guys with my exp are making 5-10k more than in my last job. So many reasons why I want to leave the IT world behind me and so little time to express...

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 3 of the juice cleanse. I didn't sleep too well, as the job search is really getting to me. I wound up turning down that offer, but a place that specializes in fitness software (OMFGS!!) wants to create a position for me and they'll know by Friday if it's in their budget. Fingers crossed...

I'm enjoying the tastiest juice recipe ever. Seriously, I want to make these recipes on a regular basis!!

Day 5 of the juice cleanse, and I found out why I have been so much more tired than usual...I now have an ear infection. Temp keeps spiking, bleh. On antibiotics after a fast trip to my allergist, so many reasons why I go to him over my primary care physician and so little time, but the asthma provides an additional risk any time I have any sort of respiratory ick.

I'm already missing working out and I've only managed to miss a few this week. Ugh.

The place whose offer I wasn't going to take upped the salary, it's still a paycut but nowhere near as bad of a one. But it's still lower than industry standard, which I take strong issue with. I can't help but feel that I'm being nickeled and dimed because I'm a) unemployed and b) a woman in the field. Spoke to a recruiter who said guys with my exp are making 5-10k more than in my last job. So many reasons why I want to leave the IT world behind me and so little time to express...

My girlfriend has run into the same problem with her engineering physics degree. The company that hired her is quite small, and the owner doesn't want to pay a fair wage. She likes the work and the location is close to home, but it sucks that she makes so little with a good degree.

Did that company ever get back to you?

My girlfriend has run into the same problem with her engineering physics degree. The company that hired her is quite small, and the owner doesn't want to pay a fair wage. She likes the work and the location is close to home, but it sucks that she makes so little with a good degree.

Did that company ever get back to you?

They did, now they want yet another interview before they potentially give me an offer, this time with the team they'd be putting me on instead of the other team. Seems fair but they're doing it on Wed. It's really being dragged out.

Day after my last juice cleanse day, had two very ripe bananas with lots of water and a scoop of raw cacao in a blender. Chugging the fluids. Am craving going out for a run, so must be feeling better--that and the few days of inactivity is getting to me.

Hey there! Great job on your journal and fitness and everything! As one of the VB&F team members, just thought I'd let you know that we received your email request to have your journal reviewed for eligiblity for the NYNY challenge, and you'll definitely be receiving the prize package! We'll be assembling and shipping them out beginning next week, so be on the lookout mid-February for your package to arrive!

Congratulations, and thanks for all your support of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness! Hope you're feeling better soon!

All the best,

Karen

Hey there! Great job on your journal and fitness and everything! As one of the VB&F team members, just thought I'd let you know that we received your email request to have your journal reviewed for eligiblity for the NYNY challenge, and you'll definitely be receiving the prize package! We'll be assembling and shipping them out beginning next week, so be on the lookout mid-February for your package to arrive!

Congratulations, and thanks for all your support of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness! Hope you're feeling better soon!

All the best,

Karen

Awesome!! Thank you so much. w00000000t

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...