Dylan Kasprzyk's Brooklyn Training Journal

C.O.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Dylan!

I finally figured this out. It always takes me a bit to figure it all out. I need the time to putter around with the program.

Thanks for your advice on my blog.

I managed to take a couple of weights to work yesterday. I can't take anything to sit on...Ticket agent I am...so sitting is not an option unless it is on a tall chair lol!!

I am training for the 10K run April 29th...and my body fat is stubborn. I need to exercise more than I want to eat lol!!

I still crave carbs at night but have been having vegys with hummus.

Have a great day!

Bev

Well I fell off the health wagon again this weekend. This is becoming a trend. On a positive note my weekdays have been filled with exorcise and good food so it could be worse. Superbowl was pretty nasty with unhealthy food and waay to much drinking. Today's menu will have added chlorella in each meal. Hopefully help me start cleaning out my system.

Haha keep it coming Robert! I won't ask you to stop. I deactivated my FB today, decided it was too much of a distraction since I'm at my computer all day working in 3 different formats. So email or text is best for direct messages now.

Today

Morning

Scramble with garlic, tomatoes, & onions.

Raisin bagel

Snack

Brazil nuts

Afternoon

Korean ramen with seitan

white ice tea

The plan for tonight is light in-house work out (pushups, abs, jumping jacks, a little yoga stretching)

Plant fusion shake with bananas, blueberries, and almond milk.

Everything in the fridge salad

Get to sleep at a decent hour (i've been lacking in that area.

Stress is really taking its tole on me. I am getting less sleep and have less energy during workouts. Im going to continue to try and eat well and exorcise to try to keep my spirits up and make sure I don't slip into coming down with a cold or something while in this funk.

Word. I'll be texting and emailing.

Thanks for your support and great work. Karen and I made it to Austin. Really long drives, one day was spent driving 12 hours, but we got here.

We'll have some awesome stuff to send you soon.

Keep after it!

• 2 weeks later...

Attempting to try and get others in my life involved in my quest for great health. Tonight my good friend and I ate vegan pizza at Vinnie's in Brooklyn. If you live in NYC this is a great spot. They have like 10 or more different vegan pizza options.

Workouts have been slipping a little from 4 days a week, down to 2 days a week, but I plan on getting them back up to 4 starting tomorrow.

I joined a new soccer team, we are called Messi Sheets (after Leo Messi and the soccer term clean sheet). I can't wait! My cardio definitely suffers when I'm not playing soccer, I hate running in the city or at a gym.

CURSE OF THE SCALE. I never use scales, I've never even owned one before. BUT since there is one in my gf's bathroom....I am constantly checking my weight. I lost about 10 lbs about a year ago and have never been able to get it back since. I was hoping to be 15 lbs more than what I was before I lost the weight. I eat crazy calories and work out. I think maybe there is a parasite inside me. I am blaming sushi train, Portland, Oregon, circa 99-2008....

Dude, I know ways to pack it on. I've added about 16 pounds since November.

Been doing exclusively barbell and dumbbell compound exercises 4-5 times a week. Combined with eating a ton, it works well. For sure.

Check the mail on Mon or Tue. There will be a few items there which will help out.

Big weights and Big food will make the difference.

Woh so I tried P90X for the first time over the weekend. That is some serious business, my muscles were burning. I'd recommend it, the workouts anyway. The diet plan needs to be altered for non-meat eaters but most of the planning is centered around good ideas. Swap some hemp and some seitan for the turkey and the egg whites, np.

Well the green vitamin powder in my protein shake make the whole thing taste bad so maybe i'll try 1 scope instead of 2 next time.

Steady doing squats trying to get legs ready for next weeks snowboard trip. I normally go like 10-15 times a year and this year I've only been once. This will be my 2nd and last of the season I'm sure.

Played basketball for the first time since....August, and felt it afterwards. Each sport has it's targeted muscles that seem to be particularly sore when doing them infrequently. Doesn't matter that I have kept regular with soccer, basketball still managed to kick my ass. Fortunately I won all 5 games with randomized teams each time. Being fairly in shape and my height advantage (have the players were asian) helps too. You can call me James Harden from now on.

-Dylan

continuing to do squats preparing for this weekends snowboard trip. I wonder how many days rent I need or when should be the last day I do leg exorcises if I will be riding on Saturday. I was thinking I do squats today and thursday and then rest friday but maybe I need thursday to rest my muscles as well. If anyone has suggestions let me know.

-Dylan

Well it was a great trip to camelback mountain but my snow legs were definitely not in prime shape since it was only my 2nd day of snowboarding this season and the first one was back in December. Knuckled many landings No hard crashes or injuries though so I can't complain.

Now back to trying to make my arms look bigger, my back stronger, and my legs faster.

-Dylan

Sup dude?

Yeah, I hear you on the Vitamineralgreen. I use a small teaspoon with lots of water, as the flavor can be really strong! It's healthy as hell, super quality stuff, but yeah, it can damage the taste of smoothies or protein drinks in a second.

Glad you're out doing those fun sports. I look forward to playing some hoops or soccer sometime too.

I might be getting my own place in Austin by April 1st, so keep in touch about your potential visit out here.

Have a great one.

If I keep kicking butt with VBB.com I can keep giving you additional projects too.

Yeah, don't want to struggling to breathe in a house full of cats.

I'm checking out apartments with a real estate agent tomorrow. Should be fun!

Catch up soon.

haha yes I am going to get some of that nutella, havent yet though. I will post a review.

Joined Richie's Gym in Brooklyn. Its awesome and so affordable. NYC gym fees are like everything else in NYC out of control....

Back has felt outta wack. Not in pain just outta wack. So I have integrated some yoga back exorcizes into my routine.