Gaia's Cut

Did not do a legit cheat meal today. I just doubled my raw vegan shake this morning, though not the protein powder (2 bananas, whole bag of frozen mango, 1/2 cup of blueberries).

This is because the scale did not show a significant decrease yet to warrant a cheat meal (2 lbs a week is not alot to ask my body to lose, so I am doing something wrong). If tomorrow's scale shows a good weight, then maybe I will do a Chiptole burrito tomorrow for lunch (with guacamole of course!).

Legs are still hurting from my workout 2 days ago! And I did not get up to my PB weight. All the spinning and trail jogging must be taking its toll on them. I feel the need to up my protein I bit to get them to recover faster. I tried Vega's new One protein powder in the Vanilla Chai flavor - Yum!!! even though it has carbs in it, it is good for a meal replacement for me.

I did Back today, with no triceps. I will do those tomorrow. I am thinking about doing one body part each day, and doing cardio in a confusing chaotic way also during the day (like a long trail jog one time, with a lighter body part to workout that day - and just a trail walk on a day that has a big body part to workout that day). I went up to 10lbs from my PBs with the weights for my Back today, and kept it in the 10-15 rep range for about 4 sets, and then 2 descending sets of 25 reps or less (till failure). I shall be taking a protein powder with water at night before bed (instead of relying on the shot glass of BCAAs in the middle of the night to get me thru the night without hunger pains waking me up).

Another gorgeous day in Michigan - even after a night of tornadoes (way to the South of me, in the Ann Arbor/U of M area) and heavy hail (which ping-ponged all over my deck! Like white gumballs falling all over the place! My analogies seem to reference some kind of sweets lately. )

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't wear jeans. . funny eh? Workout pants is pretty much all I wear, and yeah, they are getting really loose.

Also, I can say that my bra is now starting to be alittle looser too (one of the first places that I lose major weight at)!

Yesterday was all by myself for the day (partner had something she had to do that day). I started it off with a nice leisurely 5 mile trail run, laid out in the sun, did triceps in the gym (and boy I assaulted them as they were the only thing I was doing), and then a 2 mile trail walk just at dusk (so cool. but the trail is also the way to the local Frosty Boy/Dairy Queen type stand, so all the teenagers with all their energy - how they can talk! - were also on the trail with me).

Right now I am thinking of doing a 10 mile bike loop on the trail. I have Chest to do in the gym today with my partner at 2 PM. My legs will be shot, but I can still do a Chest workout - but will I have enough energy for such a big bodypart? Maybe I won't do the whole 10 mile loop. . . I shall have to go by how I am feeling as I ride my bike (I've been spinning 4 times now. . wonder how much that is going to help in an actual bike trip).

I had to go off the Green tea/caffeine as I was getting huge headaches. So far, I feel good. Haven't been that hungry since I have been off of it yesterday and today. Drinking more water though, and keeping busy outside seems to help alot.

Off I go to see how this bike ride is going to pan out.

Remember I said chaotic cardio?

I took off on the bike, and got up to the 8.0 trail head mile marker before I even knew it! The weather was warm but cool enough to softly hit my face and kept me refreshed. And there were so many painted turtles on the trail to look at! And the frogs were humming their courting songs loudly. It was wonderful to be out!

Then I noticed that I had to go pee really bad, and there were no leaves on the trees, and it was pretty much farmland (wide open meadows) around the trail. I knew that there was a nice restroom at the 12.0 mile marker (which is alot closer than the 8.0 to go back). So I got there, released all the water I had so far (smoothie before long bike ride not a good idea), and felt much better. Unfortunately it was now 12.0 miles to go back! 24 mile round trip?

It must have been hilarious to watch me get off the bike and try to walk into my house by the time I got back (2 hours and 20 minutes later). I gulped down some protein into me, took a nice long hot shower, laid down on my bed for an hour, and then got up and headed to the gym to do Chest. It felt good to walk around the gym to keep my legs from stiffing up, and I was able to do a decent Chest workout (heavy weights of my PBs and then descending sets of reps till failure afterwards). It is now about 12 hours later when I first took off this morning and the quads around the kneecaps are just hurting/swollen. Glad tomorrow is just Biceps, and Delts the next day. I have 3 days till Leg day. . . stupid or genius . . we shall see.

My legs didn't give out on me today as I did a 5 mile trail jog this morning. I did have to stop about 3 times (once was to cross the busy road) to keep my nausea away at bay (for some reason I was getting light headed and nausea - yeah, could be dehydration - haven't gotten alot of water in me that early in the morning - just enough to get the supplements down and a shot glass of grape juice water to get my metabolism started).

I laid out in the sun again (20 minutes on each side again), then ate lunch, and then went to the gym to do Biceps. Was there for only an hour this time (talked about Thrive the book by Brendan Brazier to some people who read the book just recently and were interested in what little steps to take to become vegan - for the last couple of minutes - while I drank my Post-Accelerator Recovery drink).

Now I am off to do my 1 hour trail walk before it gets dark.

Wt after the run: 164.4 (down from the 167.4 last week - but not the 162 scheduled for the end of this week)

Biceps was a breeze, but probably too much so because I did not get sore the next day or the next, and still had my 2 mile trail walk at dusk (getting to be my favorite thing to do to end the day).

Doing Legs two days after the bike ride was OK. I started off with isolated exercises this time (mixing it up), so Leg Extensions and Leg Curls were the starters. Both were heavy weight attainable. Then the Leg Press. I got ten 45 plates on each side and moved it OK for 15 reps in the locked safety position (my partner was there to help keep it in place as I lightly touched the bottom safety latch and was able to push it up to the top safety latch). Then the adductor/abductor machines, and then I snuck in 4 sets of Sump Squats for 25 reps with 180 lbs to burn the buttocks. Did also a 2 mile trail walk in the morning (1 hour of walking) as it was Leg day, and I finished with my 2 mile trail walk at dusk.

Today is Delt day. My legs feel like they could go for a trail walk, but I've decided against it. They feel really SWOLE right now, so they are still repairing - I will give them a break today - though it is so nice outside! The noisy birds woke me up this morning - left my window open all night long! How wonderful that is! Very brisk in my bedroom this morning, but still had a warm feeling to it.

Tai Chi is being offered at the gym today. It will interfere with my Delt workout - unless I get there early and train, and use the tai chi to gather my energy back up afterwards. Oooh, sounds like a plan!

Didn't try the Tai Chi class yesterday. It was a wise old teacher with about 4 older women - around his age, in the class. I did not want to disturb the dynamics of the class just yet (being his first day and all, and those women were adoring him! I think I will wait till the class gets established and then be the dumb young girl in the class, and let all those wise women show off in front of me of what they know - this was my thinking at the time, actually I wasn't done with my Delt workout yet!).

Delt workout yesterday was good. I almost had the whole stack on the Star Trac Shoulder Press (at 225lbs). Back workout tonight. Trail run this morning.

Binged last night by having 2 pieces of bread with EB butter on it last night. My weight is back up, but I am happy with the big BM I had this morning (unfortunately it didn't let my weight go back down though). I shall still keep on fighting!

If only I could look like Sly in that movie! I want some definition dang it! Maybe the 5 mile trail jog this morning will help it along!

Partner has pronounced herself sick! So I went to the gym alone and did my Back. And the gym was pretty much empty (being that it is so nice outside). So it was quite the chore to get thru everything and try to lift really heavy, with a few high rep descending sets thrown in to burn the muscle to failure.

In between exercises, I did get to talk to the office lady, and she kept talking about cabbage today. That sounded so good! I went to the store on my way home from the gym and bought a small head of cabbage (ate 1/2 of it already with seiten sausage) and a quarter wedge of watermelon (for late night snacking perhaps? to go with my protein shake).

It is threatening to thunderstorm outside, so no trail walk tonight. I am thinking of going back to the gym and doing 30 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical to my playlist. We shall see. The cabbage has made my tummy so full, and that is making me sleepy. Mmmm, digesting takes alot out of you when your energy is already depleted.

Hurt my left femur bone somehow. It hurts up at the truncator (the large knob at the top by the hip) and runs down the outside to my knee (the pain wraps around the knee - not inside the knee). So I did not go to the gym at all yesterday!!! Shock to me to say the least. But I tried the leg out this morning, and it was a little achy this morning as I got out of bed, but I headed to the gym and tried the elliptical. When I do a straight forward motion, the leg doesn't hurt. Thank goodness! If my legs get injured, then how am I suppose to do cardio? And I would rather do cardio than taper my diet even more! Today, after heading towards Whole Foods for grocery shopping, I will go and do Chest at the gym this afternoon. The Triceps I missed yesterday will be added in to the Biceps routine for tomorrow. One more week to get down to 160. Now I am just getting damn mad at the stubborn bodyfat, and will use that as my fuel to get thru dieting and cardio this week. I am thinking of adding cardio at night (not just the 2 mile walk at night/dusk) to get some of the bodyfat to budge. I promised myself to buy a new outfit when I get down to 160, so that is also inspiring me.

Given up all of your peanut butter? Wow, that is a pretty big step! Well, you should see how you react to it. It might have kept you from going overboard with a food binge. Maybe you can "treat" yourself every 3rd day or something like that (see if you want to binge on the third day - say Tuesday or Wednesday - if so then use the peanut butter! - but perhaps just a small amount, not the amount you would have eaten if you hadn't given it up - just to tease the body into thinking you are giving in and will be eating peanut butter again all the time - all the while giving another calorie deficit that will add up at the end of the month as weight loss).

Today was a controlled day. I controlled my calories, had all my supplements, worked out really heavy and hard, and did my cardio. It is night time and I am not hungry - but actually tired! I added back in 1/2 cup of cooked brown rice, and one piece of bread - no EB and no toasting it, just plain - one slice only.

It was just me and my MP3 player today as I did Chest at the gym. My partner has the virus, or whatever is going around here, and is in full blown sickness mode. Sigh. . . . bummer for me. Though it was fun to dance in between sets - as there was no one really at the gym - even though it is drizzly and grey outside, but it is a Saturday and I went kind of late (4 PM). When I first got to the gym, I saw a couple of guys (high schoolers) that I tease at the gym (always coming in with their huge GNC protein . . um. . buckets - huge pails of whatever GNC had on sale that day) and they said they were heavily into LaCrosse now, so they can't get to the gym whenever they want to. At least I got to say Hi to them as they left. And one older woman commented to me, "Sure is quiet today. I should come at this time all the time!" - so apparently she likes it quiet. It was nice to pick a machine, use it for the set, walk away without anyone stealing it from me, and come back and do another set. I have to confess that I did alittle posing in front of the huge length of the wall mirror in the workout area of the gym - and waved at the cameras for the girls in the gym office who will be reviewing the tape tomorrow morning.

Going to try running with a group that meets at the gym on Sunday morning (8 AM) tomorrow. I wanted to see if running with some people might make me go faster (trying to keep up at least) and burn more calories (they say they go around 5 miles - which is what I already do on the trail - I guess they do sidewalks and subdivision roads). So my leg is still alittle sore, and I am declining to go back to the gym and do some more cardio - save it for tomorrow - and will stop if my leg hurts more from the running tomorrow - petrified that I am going to injury it somehow and won't be able to do cardio!).

Me too! I hate it when anybody gets sick!

Today's run was awesome in its own way. It was at 8 AM, and I got at the gym/starting place, at 7:30 AM and started to warm up on the elliptical (5 minutes only) and stretched out some, when they started to show up. Some guy that runs has a beautiful springer spaniel that came into the gym (and stayed right by her master - such love and loyalty in that dog's eyes made me want to cry because it was so beautiful). Anyways, I was apprehensive as it was not yet 50 degrees outside, just got done with a misty raining, and the wind was blowing. Luckily I was triple shirted and a windbreaker on. Off I went with some vague directions, and what do you know, the famous high school hill was the first thing we tackled! On the ball of my feet all the way up! Passed some of the veteran runners! And now I was alone - and had my sights on the girl with the purple UA shirt in front of me. Passed her when I knew we were on our way back (and confident that I knew how to get back to the starting place). Next on my radar was the lady in a green running jacket. Did not catch up to her, though I tried to sprint thru the parking lot to catch up to her! Her phone APP said she did 10.38 minute miles, and she extrapolated that I probably did 10.50 (and a total of 5.38 miles)! Which is way better than my 12-13 minute miles I usually do. So it did help me to push myself alittle bit more. And my right leg didn't hurt at all while I was running, but it dpes hurt when I turn it out sideways. Weird.

Did Biceps and Triceps this afternoon. Sooooooooooooooo Booooooooooorrrrrring! Nobody in the gym, as it finally got gorgeous outside (laid out in the sun for the specified 20 minutes on the front and on the back), so I figure everybody else was out and about enjoying the gorgeous sunny day. I am going to go for a 3 mile walk tonight instead of going back to the gym to do some cardio. I just ate my seiten salad (I was shaking as I ate it) and I can already feel my energy waning after an hour of eating it. So a walk will do. Especially when it is so nice out! Already looking forward to my last meal of a protein shake!