daily calisthenics to slowly build lean muscle mass

aly11

I've been doing a fairly short (about 20 min) calisthenics routine every morning for the past week and can already feel improvement (next step is to burn the fat so I can SEE IT!) Anyone else do a daily calisthenics routine or have experience in how successful/not successful this is?

I think that Calisthenics are entirely good for building muscle. Personally I exclusively rely on calisthenics. In fact I've had such great success with using only calisthenics based movements that I'm putting together a series of calisthenics based routines for building muscle.

I started out with power/bodybuilding which helped a ton in developing a regular routine, but the key in calisthenics is to push the muscle you are working until it needs to recover, just like in lifting. And to give yourself enough time to rest before working the muscle again. Every time you workout, you ought to be a little better, in form or in the number of reps you do, or in something. If you're not then either you didn't fully recover, or you didn't push yourself hard enough in your previous workout.

• 2 weeks later...