Synny's training journal

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can help you a little bit with some sprouts! Some health food stores sell mason jars with several plastic mesh tops. They'll have small, medium & large holes in them for different seeds. If you can't find that, any glass jar with a wide mouth will do, with some cheese cloth. You might have to fold the cheese cloth a few times for it to be sturdy and the holes small enough for some seeds. Put several tbsp of seeds, like raw, hulled and organic sunflower seeds in the jar. Soak them a 2:1 water to seed ratio, in clean water over night. Then every morning and evening for the next week -/+, rinse them out very well.

Secure some cheese cloth to the opening, or use one of the fancy tops if your store has them. In-between rinses, keep the jars almost upside-down, & in a dark & cool area so that they can drain better. Make sure the angle is just right so that the seeds don't fully cover the opening. The sunflower sprouts will get these little tails and are absolutely delish when they're about 1-2 inches long. Make a puré put of them in the blender with equal parts of lemon juice and Braggs, maybe some oil, and omg. A lot of seeds can be sprouted this way.

If you want the long sunflower sprouts, the kind that are like 5-6 inches long & green, I think you want them to be shelled, organic, and you need organic dirt to put them on after you've soaked them over night. I've yet to do this one =)

Hope I didn't just tell you what you knew already lol.

wow.... ummmm hmmmmm. good thing I like sticking my hand in a bag of sunflower seeds and eating them hahaha. Sprouting sounds like a lot of work that I may not have time for...... Think I will forgo that idea for a bit until my schedule either calms down or I can rearrange my rountine (hate that idea. I swear I may have a slight case of Asperger's). I honestly hate change it throws me off until I find the true benefits of the changes I have made. Little background info.... I have depression and anxiety. I have been diagnosed with Adult ADHD, Borderline personality disorder and Bipolar ONLY because they can't exatly figure out what is going on with me. Have I seen any of the quack since?? HELL NO!!! I have found that a lot of my problems cleared up with diet and LOTS of exercise. I guess I was really bad for a long time and my mom says I have made a dramatic change and am much easier to deal with now. I don't do well in social situations unless I have the few close friends I do have around which isn't often. I can make people laugh but don't often get their humor or get easily insulted or offended cause I tend to take their humor wrong. That is a little bit more about me so if you notice way to much routine and consistancy you will understand it is what I need to function on a daily basis. Yes it interfers with what others want to do with me but I can't exactly help it.

Boring day stuck inside watching the rain fall AGAIN! Gym looks to be closing and transferring memberships to another gym (busting up my routine....). I am trying to stay positive through this little gym change but um if I lose my BBs I will cry and throw a fit.......

Breakfast: 2/3c dry oats, 1 banana, 2 tbsp dark chocolate PB

Snack: 2 scoops protein powder, 1c black grapes, 2 mandarin oranges

Lunch: Salad, apple, pineapple, 2 carrots, celery stalk w/ peanut butter and raisins

Snack: large green monster

Post workout: 2 scoops protein powder

Bedtime snack: 1 serving Vega One chocolate

Cardio: 60 min boot camp I need to breakdown what is done but it changes biweekly....

Chest/triceps

Incline DB press: 2 warmup sets 20 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 30 lbs 10 reps

Iso lat chest press: 2 warmup sets 15 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 30 lbs 15 reps

Pushups: 4 sets 10 reps

Decline machine press: 1 warmup set 45 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets 65 lbs 15 reps

Machine dips: 1 set 60 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 75 lbs 12 reps

Cable rope overhead tricep extension: 1 warmup set 40 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 50 lbs 15 reps

Tricep pressdown: 1warmup set 45 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 50 lbs 12 reps

Ok so I forgot to mention... Monday was my weight in day... Starting weight 187 new weight 186 happy with my 1 lb loss. Curious about how my body is adjusting to the new changes in diet so stepped on the scale... it moved down but won't say to what. Totally excited. Might hit my goal weight sooner than Dec!!!!

So I have been sitting on this little bit of info all day and I can finally blab it!! I am now down to 184 lbs. That is exactly 81 lbs down and 39 to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Went to the store and tried on some smaller scrub pants. I only grabbed the Mediums and they fit but for how much longer I don't know. For a cheat I made myself some banana ice cream but had to thin it out so it would blend and used almond milk for that and added a tbsp of white chocolate peanut butter YUMMMMM. Won't eat it all tonight but will enjoy what I do eat.

Breakfast: 2/3c oats, 2 tbsp dark chocolate dream, 1 banana

Snack: 2 mandarin oranges, 1c black grapes, 2 scoops protein powder

Lunch: Salad, 10 red grapes, 1 celery stalk w/ peanut butter and cranberries, 2 carrots, 8 pineapple, 2 scoops protein powder

Snack: green monster

Post workout: 2 scoops protein powder

Supper: tropical fruit protein smoothie

Snack: banana ice cream

Cardio: AM walk around track 20 min, 50 min yoga, 25 min elliptical cross training program 3 different resistances

Legs

Leg extensions (1 1/2 rep): 2 warmup sets 45 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets 60 lbs 20 reps

Partial leg extension: 1 set 90, 75, 60,45,30 lbs 50 reps, 1 set 105,90,75,60,45 lbs 50 reps (every 10 reps drop weight)

Leg press: 1 warmup set 180 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 230 lbs 60 reps

Walking lunges: 1 warmup set 12 reps each leg no weight, 2 sets 30 lbs 12 reps each leg (no idea what the bar weighted so only

counting plates)

Stiff-leg deadlift: 3 sets 85 lbs 15 reps

I can say I will be glad when this program is done. Not liking the high reps at all. Granted I am seeing nice results because of but ready to move on. Wish it wasn't a 12 week program now....

You know what is really cool? Is that your weight loss is not just 81lbs of fat utilitized up for your metabolism (like someone dieting by just cutting calories), you also have been gaining muscle mass and are getting healthier and healthier! That is what is so cool! Though I am partial to the muscle mass part ^.^ of course....

I also like how you are utilizing the nice weather for outdoor hiking as for one of your exercising sessions. Mental health there in my book. And on that note, the trail is calling to me today. . . so I am off to see more painted turtles, garter snakes, and listen to froggies! And now the violets are blooming on the banks of the trail! Good day today......

CONGRATS!!!!!

It is cool, cloudy, foggy and wet here. The trails are much to muddy for a hike today since I have the day off. So going to hook the pup up for some sidewalk walking if it isn't raining, if it is I will just go test run the new gym I am being transferred to. Being a big vain and coloring my hair.... to many gray/silver/white hairs showing up for my taste. I am only 33 I should look young not aged.

Today I have been craving some Karage Tofu. Decide that is what I am going to eat for dinner and I realize I have no soy sauce. Oh well I used mirin and rice vinegar instead. I am baking it with no oil or flour to help cut calories not that I am worried about them and roasting some brussels sprouts, asparagus, onions and potatoes all of which have no oil just a lil cooking spray to hold the garlic powder on. I made some sweet chili dipping sauce and OMG do I have happy tummy!!!! Water, rice vinegar, chili garlic paste, cornstarch and sugar..... Supposed to be a rest day for me so I took Teddy for a 40 min walk and he crapped out 2 blocks from home so I carried him a bit and he perked up and walked the rest of the way lol. Glad no one had a camera cause I was carrying him like a baby lol. I checked out 2 gyms in town today too and think I will go with the gym my gym is merging with. My meals were off today cause A didn't have money for a salad B was running around and C peanut butter just called to me today lol

Breakfast: 1/2c oats, 2 tbsp white chocolate pb 1 banana

Snack: 1/2 peanut butter sandwich, 2 mandarin oranges

Lunch: 1 peanut butter sandwich, 1 carrot, 1c black grapes and banana "soft serve"

Snack: 1 apple w/ peanut butter

Supper: see above comment

Cardio: 40 min walk w/dog, 15 min stair master lvl 4

I decided to do a lil bicep and shoulder work

Hammer curl: 2 warmup sets 15 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets 20 lbs 12 reps

Ez cable curl: 3 sets 50 lbs 10 reps

Reverse curl: 3 sets 25 lbs 12 reps

Inner bicep curl: 2 sets 12 lbs 15 reps

Overhead shoulder press: 3 sets 15 lbs 15 reps

Side lat raise: 3 sets 10 lbs 12 reps

Front raise: 2 sets 10 lbs 15 reps

Ok I added a pic not the best quality by any means but hey I think I look damn good and I even flexed! Boring day all I can say. So bored I took a pic of my lunch to share with everyone lol. Active rest day....SOOOOOOOOOO I did 15 min walk, 60 mins of yoga and 60 mins of boot camp. Finally broke down and bought a new blender that was on sale. Regular price they said was $49 but the box said $70 and I paid $30... either way I got a good deal! Comes with a juicer attachment, food processor attachment, 2 large cups, 2 medium cups, and 6 lids. My sister is now a happy camper! She hates cooking as soon as the temps rise like me and lives off fruit and protein smoothies.

PS I am in the white top with red under it and black pants

Breakfast: 1/2c oatmeal, 2 tbsp peanut butter, 1 banana

Snack: 2 scoops protein powder, 3 mandarin oranges

Lunch: 2 scoops protein powder, 2 brown rice tortillas, salad mix, apple, 2 carrots, celery w/ peanut butter and sweet chili

dipping sauce homemade

Snack: Green monster

Supper: mixed berry smoothie w/ 2 scoops protein powder, 1 slice millet bread and peanut butter (yes I LOVE peanut butter)

1086175494_bootcamp!.thumb.jpg.7dd68bcda60b481dd4bcfafe81089586.jpg

lunch1.jpg.0cf5b629c4138807565bd6ca25799f11.jpg

At the gym it is usually faster than a casual walk. When I take the dog it is casual cause he has to stop and sniff everything. I dont feel like my arms are big. I know I still have a later of fast on them hiding all my hard work. But I can say that I refuse to give up

What a LONG day..... I spent 135 min mowing, bagging and weedeating my client's yard.....WOW!!! I think she sits on close to an acre. I used a nice power push mower so according to the exercise calculators I am looking at about 900 calories burned doing that. And it looks like I might be doing my parent's yard which IS an acre with a push mower. I can say my hands hurt from all the mowing. I need to learn to control my binge eating. I noticed I got bored after mowing and ate some chips......I get bored easily and raided the pantry at work.

Breakfast: 1/2c oats, 1/2 banana, cinnamon

Snack: 3 mandarin oranges, 2 strawberries, 2 scoops protein powder

Lunch: 2 brown rice tortillas, alfalfa sprouts, 1 apple, 2 carrots, 2 scoops protein, sweet chili sauce

Snack: Green monster

Supper: 3 strawberries, 1 banana, 1c frozen mixed berries, 2 scoops protein powder

Cardio: 25 min stationary bike hill program lvl 5, 25 min elliptical weight loss program lvl 5

Back/biceps

Giant set

Chin ups on assisted machine: 1 warmup set 10 reps, 3 sets 15 reps

Cable row: 1 warmup set 40 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets 70 lbs 15 reps

Behind the neck pulldown: 1 warmup set 40 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets 70 lbs 15 reps

Bent over smith machine row: 1 warmup set 20 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets 50 lbs 15 reps

Hammer curl: 2 warmup sets 10 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets 20 lbs 20 reps

Barbell curl: 2 warmup sets 20 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets 30 lbs 12 reps

Hammer cable curls: 3 sets 35 lbs 20 reps

Twists: 150 reps each side

I need to learn to control my binge eating. I noticed I got bored after mowing and ate some chips......I get bored easily and raided the pantry at work.

I think you might have been calorie deficient after all that mowing! That is alot of exercise (full body workout is more like it), and I think your body needed the carbs right then and there.

Now choice may have played a role in the boring option. Was chips the only thing in the pantry at work? Though, chips has sodium that powers up the muscles for contraction, and fat is instant fuel for your body. But still, maybe something else was available?

If you are going to binge, then after a good cardio session (and mowing/weeding/spring cleanup is a cardio session) is the way to go! Though I am not endorsing binge eating. . . . .but it sounds so good right now. . . . no!no!. . . I am getting out of this house! away from the food. . . trail walk before it gets dark!

My choices were honey bbq chips, oreos, tortilla chips and low salt chips. Oh and jello, cake mixes, brownie mix, angel food cake, fruit in syrup, crackers, soups.... they were out of fruit cause I helped eat it during my boredom binges........

Edited by Synny667

looking good. amazing progress...I could use your positive attitude about now! Love the food pic!

the interview is at 4 30 in Los Angeles tomrrow...job the other day was for poop! This one cold be IT!

Gonna get brown rice tortillas for my next binge!

Thanks Diva . I don't know if I would call tortillas much of a binge if you stuff them full of salad fixings and dip it into a chili sauce.

This week marks that possible last exercises at my beloved gym that I have lost 81 lbs at, gotten many bruises, smashed fingers, asthma attacks, lots of sweat, many thoughts of giving up and the place I found myself. This week I am going to give it my all plus another some. More motivation was Kansas beating North Carolina to advance on to the Final Four in New Orleans. The history between them still stings me so the victory was bittersweet! Was another active rest day for me and took it fairly easy till time for the game. I planted my butt on a stationary bike at the gym and pedaled for 51 mins during the first half. Worked up a good sweat!! Second half I was fidgeting so bad and running back and forth updating an aerobics instructor. After the buzzer I let out this big yell. My god it felt great to let that yell out. Ran to the aerobics room and let out several more milder yells confirming KU's victory. I then did yoga afterwards.

Cardio: 51 min stationary bike various lvls, 60 min yoga

Breakfast: 2 servings rice flour pancakes, syrup and coconut buttery spread

Snack: 3 mandarin oranges, 2 scoops protein powder, 2 grande iced coffee with a little soy milk and cinnamon dolce syrup

Lunch: 2 salad wraps, 9 low salt potato chips

Snack: 1 apple, 1 banana

Supper: mango tropical fruit blend, 2 scoops protein powder

Still kinda hungry but didn't get home till after 8 so the fruit smoothie I made will have to hold me over cause it is now after 9 and I don't want to eat anything else. I know I am lower in calories today but been a weird day

you are an inspiration. You need to send your story to Biggest Loser.

Brown rice tortillas mean at this precarious point are a "possible whole pkg. thing"...until I get a job and come to terms w/ what my ex hub has done..food is a slippery slope.

Thanks for inspiring!

I can't hold this in till my update tonight....

BMI 30.4 WEIGHT 183!!!!!

When I started back in Dec 2010 my starting weight was 265 lbs and my BMI was 44.1 I am almost out of the obese range and into the overweight range!!!!!!!!! Now that I have lost 82 lbs I can say I feel like a whole new person