Greetings from Slovak republic

williamsvk

Hello everybody!

I am Viliam from Slovakia or Slovak republic, small country in the middle of Europe. I am almost 18 years old, and I have been vegetarian for 1,5 years. In the beginning of March 2012 I have switched to vegan because I wanted to improve my health.

I am interested in fitness, especially I love endurance run - I am planning to run my first marathon in the fall but I also like working out with dumbells in my home. It is a strange mix, I know about it but I like that feeling when I realize that I become faster, stronger and in fact - bigger! I gained about 15 lb since I started working out (about year ago) and I am about 170 lb now and my height is 71.3 inches (I am sorry if I used bad units, I am used to metric system - 78 kg and 181 cm)

I would like to write something about my nutrition, get a advice about it, something about my home workouts and in the summer upload some photos of my progress.

Also - I am very greatful for this forum and also for great and inspirational site!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Viliam! I noticed you posted this introduction a while ago, but just wanted to say hi and welcome you. Congratulations on the gains you have made this past year, and best wishes on your marathon training! That's awesome! There are other runners here in the community as well, in addition to those doing lots of weight training. I'm sure you'll find lots of helpful information here. I'll be sure to look for your training journal here as well! Welcome!

• 5 months later...