Excited to be here :)

xAlex315x

Hey everyone! I'm Alex, from Syracuse, NY. I'm 19, vegan and straight edge, and have been both for almost 2 years now. Since this winter I've been focused on bulking up. I'm 6' and 147-150 lbs. (varies from day to day). I want to get up to 160 or 165 by the fall hopefully. I try to eat well every day. I eat a lot of Mexican and Asian food. Lots of burritos, (avocados or guac, refried beans, peppers, onions, black beans and corn, with rice or quinoa), stirfries with lots of veggies and tofu or tempeh, occasionally whole wheat pasta, but I try to avoid lots of grains in general. I try to avoid all sugar that isn't found naturally in food, and processed foods in general. I drink a fat/protein shake after I work out, with raw almond butter, ground flaxseed, wheat germ, coconut oil, olive oil, avocado, frozen berries, bananas, almond milk, 6 scoops hemp protein powder, and raw kale. As of now I don't go to a gym, I do a routine of about 120 push ups, 120 sit ups/side crunches, 100 reps of dumbbell curls, and a bunch of hand squeezes on the hand squeeze thing I have. I think I'll invest in a bench press set soon though, to put on a lot of muscle.

Anyways, this board looks great and I look forward to getting great ideas from you guys!

Welcome Alex!

You remind me a lot of myself. I was 19 years old, nearly 6' and 155 pounds, wanting to bulk up. By age 21 I was 185 pounds and well on my way to competitive bodybuilding. I'm also vegan and straight edge and have been since age 15 (now 32).

Thanks for joining our community. We have an awesome group here. Sounds like you're eating a lot of great bulking foods. Please consider starting an online training journal and tracking your training and nutrition habits. I found that documenting what I was doing was perhaps the greatest tool to help me achieve. Simply recording what I was doing each day allowed me to see what I was doing wrong, what I was doing right, and taught me the importance of consistency, accountability, and dedication and the role they have on adaptation and improvement.

All the very best!

-Robert