I officialy can't stand tofu now!

After years of eating tofu, I think I am down to my last two containers. I am so tired of the taste and texture, I can not take it any longer. I have to find other foods to replace it. I also have a tough time with fake meat foods like soy burgers or soy dogs. Can't really do it any longer.

I do however like soy flour mixed with whole weat flour for pancakes.

Anyone else hitting the limit or wall with soy?

in the same boat...plus, I just gained about 5# of frickin' FAT over the last 3 months...and my diet is mostly tofu...I am DONE ( except for the occasional salad from Whole Foods or Jimbos or whatever state I am in and that store has)- as I am POSITIVE the fat came from Tofu. My body is bored and tired. I am buying the fake meat at Trader Joe's right now (some of the gardein products are real high in protein and low in fat, too- but these are tastier and less $$$)...its the bomb diggity...it has 110 calories a serving..a whole pacakage is 330 calories, the fat is ess than 60 calories for the WHOLE package, and get this...SIXTY grams of protein!!!!!!

in the same boat...plus, I just gained about 5# of frickin' FAT over the last 3 months...and my diet is mostly tofu...I am DONE ( except for the occasional salad from Whole Foods or Jimbos or whatever state I am in and that store has)- as I am POSITIVE the fat came from Tofu. My body is bored and tired. I am buying the fake meat at Trader Joe's right now (some of the gardein products are real high in protein and low in fat, too- but these are tastier and less $$$)...its the bomb diggity...it has 110 calories a serving..a whole pacakage is 330 calories, the fat is ess than 60 calories for the WHOLE package, and get this...SIXTY grams of protein!!!!!!

Fat gain would have come from you eating too many calories, not because you ate too much tofu specifically.

Fat gain would have come from you eating too many calories, not because you ate too much tofu specifically.

This rule only applies when eating carbohydrates with high fat foods.

Tofu contains very little carbs, its like eating meat. Its impossible to gain fat by eating tofu unless you ate it with carbs.

The primary source of fuel is glucose, secondary is fat, the body will always use glucose first and fat when glucose is scarse, so when a person eats a high fat food with a high carb food, the body will use the high carb food and store the fat from the high fat food.

You can waste your life counting calories or follow the laws of nature. Mix tofu with vegetables(low carb) and not grains/fruit. Then in between meals have your carbs or vice versa.

This rule only applies when eating carbohydrates with high fat foods.

Wrong. Its driven by total calories, the macro split is irrelevant.

Tofu contains very little carbs, its like eating meat. Its impossible to gain fat by eating tofu unless you ate it with carbs.

Seriously? Again, it makes no difference. A block of tofu has like 300 calories, if you eat too much you will gain fat, just like any other food. You are just making stuff up.

The primary source of fuel is glucose, secondary is fat, the body will always use glucose first and fat when glucose is scarse, so when a person eats a high fat food with a high carb food, the body will use the high carb food and store the fat from the high fat food.

You can waste your life counting calories or follow the laws of nature. Mix tofu with vegetables(low carb) and not grains/fruit. Then in between meals have your carbs or vice versa.

You misunderstand the laws of nature, perhaps you should go learn the bare basics of nutrition before you pretend to speak with authority.

@mas

You sound like an angry person that use to be or is overweight. You should watch how you talk to people.

How come fruitarians that eat well over 5000 calories per day never gain weight? High carb/low fat diet.

How come paleo people that eat low carb/high fat never gain weight?

@mas

You sound like an angry person that use to be or is overweight. You should watch how you talk to people.

Not angry just keen to correct your misinformation. Whether or not I am or used to be overweight has no relevance to what is being said, why would it?

How come fruitarians that eat well over 5000 calories per day never gain weight? High carb/low fat diet.

They would gain weight if that amount was over their maintenance. Please provide a link to a study that proves your theory, because it's flat out wrong.

How come paleo people that eat low carb/high fat never gain weight?

They would gain weight if that amount was over their maintenance. Please provide a link to a study that proves your theory, because it's flat out wrong.

brb eating 5kg of table sugar a day and not gaining any weight because I ate 0 fat.

brb drinking 5L of olive oil a day and not gaining any weight because I ate 0 carbs.

lol......

weak logic is weak.