Before and After (2008-2012)

Unknown-1.jpg.ad65eae91b2976eeb04bcf63f52cfbe1.jpg

Through hard work in the gym and out on the pavement I have transformed my body into a walking advocate for veganism and healthy living. I've never posted on a blog before but absolutely love sharing my story to help others find the motivation to make the change towards a healthier life! I cook all my meals and try to eat as raw as possible so that I can get as much love out of my food as I put into it. I don't know what else to say but If there is anything anyone would like to know about my progression, training, food choices, etc. I would be more than happy to share all the knowledge I harbor on the subjects.

Thanks!

MHveganLuv2run

Hey! Thanks for the nice comments and congrats on your weight loss as well Matt. When I posted the photo I was 100% dedicated to running and avoiding everything that would compromise my endurance and ability to run long distances (5-10 miles per day). I have been on spring break the last week and a half and have been lifting with an old buddy from high school and the results I have been seeing and the way I've been feeling as my body becomes more proportionate in this short amount of time has made me decide to start bulking again. I've been wanting to do crossfit for some time now but have be hesitant to start due to the fear of putting on unnecessary muscle for running but I think next week is my week! I need to start doing research on foods to eat for bulking and putting on clean muscle mass, any advice or website/books you'd suggest?

Hey! Thanks for the nice comments and congrats on your weight loss as well Matt. When I posted the photo I was 100% dedicated to running and avoiding everything that would compromise my endurance and ability to run long distances (5-10 miles per day). I have been on spring break the last week and a half and have been lifting with an old buddy from high school and the results I have been seeing and the way I've been feeling as my body becomes more proportionate in this short amount of time has made me decide to start bulking again. I've been wanting to do crossfit for some time now but have be hesitant to start due to the fear of putting on unnecessary muscle for running but I think next week is my week! I need to start doing research on foods to eat for bulking and putting on clean muscle mass, any advice or website/books you'd suggest?

Firstly- you look amazing! What a transformation!- You are a great example of what a vegan could and should look like and I'm sure you're inspiring loads of people to follow a compassionate lifestyle.

As for bulking advice- have you bought the Vegan Bodybuilding and Fitness book yet?

I found it really helpful with the whole cut/bulk process and the vegan diet- I had to get the kindle version though as I couldn't wait for UK delivery!

Well done again- you look really, really good.

if you want to bulk, just eat man it doesn't need to be a science. JUST EAT!!!

Check my log in the workout blog/pics in this section..I have gone from overweight-to underweight to powerlifting (also gaining muscle/weight)

I used running & fighting as my tool to drop a load of weight. Then I became real skinny so i stopped doing cardio to focus on lifting, I can still run whenever I want..On crossfit, don't do it man crossfitters are usually complete tool bags.

People say to just eat all the time..... but thats not always the answer. You know what its like to be bigger and chunkier, but im sure you dont wanna compromise all those "cuts" just for a little size? And if youre raw its gonna be that much harder to put on size/mass. I too cook all my meals as I know whats going in to them and I cook the foods I like when I like. Anyway, if you need anymore specific advice shoot me a PM.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...