Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dylan Kasprzyk's Brooklyn Training Journal
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:35 pm 
Site Admin

Sup dude?

Yeah, I hear you on the Vitamineralgreen. I use a small teaspoon with lots of water, as the flavor can be really strong! It's healthy as hell, super quality stuff, but yeah, it can damage the taste of smoothies or protein drinks in a second.

Glad you're out doing those fun sports. I look forward to playing some hoops or soccer sometime too.

I might be getting my own place in Austin by April 1st, so keep in touch about your potential visit out here.

Have a great one.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:38 pm 
VBB Moderator

Yeah I will. I need to save up a little money first. That sounds great though, can't stay in a house full of cats.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:49 pm 
Site Admin

:)

If I keep kicking butt with VBB.com I can keep giving you additional projects too.

Yeah, don't want to struggling to breathe in a house full of cats.

I'm checking out apartments with a real estate agent tomorrow. Should be fun!

Catch up soon.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:21 am 
Rabbit

Was reading through... and you asked about vegan Nutella. I saw a jar of Justin's chocolate hazlenut butter at a local grocery store the other day and got a little too excited that there was the possibility of a vegan Nutella.

Of course, I didn't buy it. Mainly because it'd be gone in a day. :-)

http://www.justinsnutbutter.com/products.php

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:59 am 
VBB Moderator

haha yes I am going to get some of that nutella, havent yet though. I will post a review.

Joined Richie's Gym in Brooklyn. Its awesome and so affordable. NYC gym fees are like everything else in NYC out of control....
Back has felt outta wack. Not in pain just outta wack. So I have integrated some yoga back exorcizes into my routine.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:19 pm 
VBB Moderator

Super slacker 3000 post for 4/2

Learned today that there is a difference between baba ganoush and baba ganoug. Dairy free and $3 including tons of veggies I think I may have found a new neighborhood spot OMG pizza. Yeah its actually named that.

Soccer is starting back up for me so I have added 1 team practice per week plus a couple cardio days to my weekly workouts. Hopefully this will help me feel a little less like a 90 yr old man on a respirator during our first game.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:06 pm 
Site Admin

Nice dude! Glad to hear you might be playing soccer soon.

I just moved into a sweet place in Austin, TX with a large basketball court with 6 hoops so I went out a bought a ball today. Perhaps I'll pick up my old love for basketball again and play in some pick-up games.

Have fun training dude!

Hope all is well. Oh, almost forgot to tell you. I'll be in NYC in 3 weeks! Holla!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:49 pm 
VBB Moderator

Been slacking on this. But here goes. I took one for the team and traded trying some horribly unhealthy food in exchange for getting a special lady to eat at a vegetarian restaurant with me. Worth it I think because then she we excited about a vegetarian popup fest a few days later.
Been in the gym more regularly, krump beats, vega in my water bottle.
Getting into challenging myself with endurance style planks. I want abs showing for summer weather that already feels like its here.
Excited Robert is heading my way this week. @IamNickJackson (follow him on twitter if you live in NY) and I will hopefully be showing Robert some vegan eats he hasn't tried yet.

-Dylan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:41 pm 
Site Admin

Word!

See you soon, homie!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:46 pm 
VBB Moderator

I had an excellent time at Green Festival in NYC with Robert and @IamNickJackson watching Russell Simmons and others speak and getting my free samples on in a BIG way.

Also @IamNickJackson put me on to a new to me, way to train. Made popular by MMA fighters its basically training on one leg or with weight only in one hand so you have to balance it makes my regular routine a million times harder intense stuff.

Soccer game tonight so I'm not hitting the gym today.

Steady diet of 15 ingredient salads, daiya quesadillas, and vega plus fruit and almond milk smoothies.

I had some crazy muscle spasm in my back this morning that lasted almost 2 whole hours. Anyone know much about muscle spasms? I've never had one before that lasted longer than like 5 minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:55 pm 
Site Admin

Keep hustling!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:35 pm 
VBB Moderator

Just made sweet potato cheese fries with broccoli and Daiya cheese. Tastes so fatty and good, and its vegan.

Today's workout menu includes Squats, planks, and sprints.

I need a water bottle. Maybe Vegan Proteins can hook me up. I tend to lose them about 1 ever 3 or 4 soccer games/ practices though so a cheap promo kind will be best. I'm not afraid of the plastic type because I don't manage to hang on to them long enough for the use to wear the plastic enough to cause me any harm I'm pretty sure. Plus I'm pretty sure all these bottles I am losing are getting picked up and used by random people, so its better than recycling even, its like donating.

I need to find a place locally to buy hemp seed....Portland was so cheaper and had so many more good food options. I will survive though. Happy May Day to anyone who reads this today!

-Dylan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:07 pm 
Site Admin

haha about the water bottle!

Just created an NBA Playoffs thread in the "other sports" or fitness section, whatever it's called.

Big games today, though still very early of course.

I have many water bottles, but I know Vegan Proteins has more. They can probably give you tips on hemp seed too.

Holla at your boy @VeganProteins

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:30 am 
VBB Moderator

I was just re-reading through this journal. Robert you've never had nutella??? Its amazingly good chocolate-hazel nut spread. Actually its been in the news recently some idiot lady is sued them for advertising their product as a healthy breakfast, and she won! And besides winning like 3 mil everyone who has bought nutella prior to january 2012 and has a receipt for it gets $4 per jar up to 40 bucks I think. Crazy world. You should definitely try the vegan option. I still haven't but I'll post about it when I do.
Craving oysters today. Anyone have a vegan alternative or possibly a vegan dish that satisfies an oyster craving if there is no veggie-oyster substitute?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:51 am 
Rabbit

I've made vegan clam chowder from shiitakes... maybe take shiitakes and make a garlicy melted earth balance sauce to dip them in after steaming them with a little salt? If you want the fishiness... some kombu (or other seaweed) might do the trick while steaming.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next