Healthy vegan diet ideas

georgina.berry

Hi guys. I've been vegan for about a year and a half now and vegetarian for three years before that. I love being vegan and will not change it for anything. To live my life knowing that no animal has to hurt for me is just such an amazing feeling. I recently joined a fitness challenge which trains girls with "healthy" eating and exercise. It's called "Ashy Bines Bikini Body Challenge". The exercise training doesn't start until the 14th April but we have already been given our healthy eating diet plans. Unfortunately these plans revolve around the diet of a meat eater, with every meal having to contain a portion of meat for protein. I am finding it very difficult to veganize this diet. I am really unsure of what type of vegan foods I should be eating for breakkie, lunch, dinner and snacks. I've always eaten HEAPS of fruit - and suddenly I'm being told that more than two pieces a day is actually fattening for me because our bodies can only accept so much fructose a day. I am not overweight - I weigh a mere 55kgs (and I'm about 169cm tall and 25yrs old). I have always been slim due to my lovely dad's genes that I inherited . However, I have now lost my nice toned body and have a slight bit of stomach fat and little bits of cellulite on my legs and bum. I really want to become fit and toned again like I was when I was a teenager. Would anybody be able to help me with what I should be eating to help maintain my energy and nutrition whilst exercising to get this body? BTW I am not low in any vitamins or minerals. My B12, Vitamin D and iron are all perfect. Thank you!!!

Welcome to the group!

This sounds like very typical mainstream fitness coach advice, to eat as much meat as possible and as little fruit as possible. I did the Body-For-LIFE program back in 2000 and veganized it. It also called for meat or whey shakes at every meal, but I just ate the foods I wanted to eat and had amazing success on it. I got super ripped and gained tons of muscle too.

Don't limit your fruit intake. Fruit is your friend. I eat 6-10 pieces a day on average, I think. Surely near that amount if not that amount. So do many people on this forum.

There are a bunch of articles on our main www.veganbodybuilding.com site with lists of foods to eat, including high protein foods, etc.

Check out some of the work by Derek Tresize as well.

Explore around the forum, create and keep a training journal, eat tons of greens, fruits, nuts, grains and seeds and you'll be all set.

All the best!

-Robert

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Georgina! Welcome to the forum! I hope you're finding the information you need here, as there are lots of people with a ton of experience and knowledge! I know very well how frustrating it can be when you're presented with conflicting information, and everyone swears that their way is the right way. I guess you've just gotta maybe try different things and find out what works best for you. Remember to be patient and gentle with yourself while you figure it out! Again, welcome aboard!

• 5 months later...