Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 99  Next
 Post subject: Re: Synny's training journal
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:16 am 
Elephant

Beast mode switch, eh? That can be very motivational! But do not take the anger out on your body - injury can then occur.

(I am assuming that Beast mode is anger mode of course. Unless it is some mode that you might need to explain how you get Beast mode. I know my Beast mode is when I am feeling very powerful and start lifting really heavy - usually to show off in front of the guys in the gym ^.^ LOL).

Achy is good. But remember to temper the temper with some common sense, otherwise you will be really frustrated that you are injured and can not do anything (that still drives me crazy. that is why I am so careful to push the cardio, but not so much that I can't do anything with my legs the next day - since it dawned on me that cardio utilizes the legs).

Just watching out for you!

Definitely shop around for a new gym. Maybe your other friends are thinking the same thing as you. Take them with you when you all find a great gym to be members at.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:39 am 
Manatee

changing gyms is huge...be patient, Oh creature of habit...its like when road repairs are done---we groan for the months during construction...bitch and complain...wish they had left it as is...and then...change..its slow (like weight loss)...but can be radical (like veganism and weight loss). exercise patience- see if there arent benefits...and then decide. remember, the only constant in life is...change.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:09 pm 
Elephant

Beast mode isn't anger it is the deep down strength that comes out when training. I am listening to my body still. Today is purely cardio. I am shopping around for a new gym. I dont like the trainers or even trust them.

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:38 pm 
Elephant

Synny667 wrote:
Beast mode isn't anger it is the deep down strength that comes out when training.

Yeah, this is my mode too. I find that it comes out when I am in the Zone. I have a really good song on my MP3 player, I can feel the meal digesting and releasing the energy I need, and I do not have any distractions (close the eyes and listen to my body). I focus on the number of reps I want, and then proceed to release the Beast and let the reps fly.

It is also funny, in that when the Beast does a really heavy set with all that strength, this Little Kid in me comes out and does a Happy Dance and says "I did it! I did it!".

Happy Gym hunting! Make sure to ask alot of questions about the gym. Be specific in what you are looking for. And utilize a free week pass if possible to get the 'feel' for the gym.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:51 pm 
Elephant

I have decided to take the night off from the gym and when I get off work going to take my dog for a nice relaxing walk and actually way some dinner! Maybe a little thai or vegetable sushi! Ok so I decided on Thai for dinner and it is nice not going to the gym tonight hahaha. Probably not the greatest choice but I couldn't pass it up. I got ginger delight with tofu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:39 pm 
Elephant

i had to join another gym to find a trainer who i trusted...so i go to two different gyms

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:22 pm 
Elephant

Finding a trainer isn't a problem I have one for when I can afford it. My gym I went to closed its doors due to corporate take over basically. So the owner set us up at this gym and as nice as it is, the atmosphere sucks. So far the only gyms I have found are all corporate/commercially owned.... But luckily I do have a trainer lined up who knows what I want to do and will do what it takes to get me there just isn't up on the plant based diet part.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:21 pm 
Elephant

Today doesn't feel like a journal day for me.... I will say I did workout out my biceps and triceps, I did do yoga and I did go to boot camp. I fenced off my garden and started planting a few things. Making salt and vinegar broiled potatoes for dinner. Tomorrow I farmer's market YAY!!!! I will be going to surprise my farmer whom I adore and love and miss!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:51 am 
Elephant

My tomato and pepper seedlings are at 2 inches now! They are so cute in how they follow the sunlight with their little stalks.

The garden has been rotor-tilled once already. One more time should do the trick (put in many leaves from fall last year, and with this mild winter, they haven't fully decomposed yet. I have rainbow carrots and broccoli rabe and peas to put in right away. Though the hard frost from last night is sparkling in the morning sun right now (all white and crystalline).

Enjoy the farmer's market! Our true farmer's market is farther away than Whole Foods - but some of the same farmers' products get to WF anyways.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:55 am 
Elephant

I have peas, onions, potatoes and brussels sprouts going in containers since I just now got to gardening and dont' have a rotor tiller..... I need to get the broccoli planted today before work. I want to grow carrots but don't have a container big enough so will have to get down and really dirty tomorrow and garden claw the hell out of an area

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:26 am 
Elephant

Today I made my way to farmer's market to see what they had. I didn't have a chance to look at much before my farmer's husband came around and gave me a giant bear hug telling me I am half the woman I was and that if I lose much more I am going to blow away. His wife was like if she does we will tie some rocks to her lol. I am now officially 84 lbs down and am weighting in at 181 lbs!!! Running on fumes with all these 6 day work weeks and spending my 1 day off getting everything done that needs to be done. But a huge boulder has been lifted off my shoulders. My car is now officially almost paid off I owe like $300 on it!!! So by the end of this month I will no longer be struggling to survive and can start saving money for the down payment on a farm or maybe even look at opening my own gym since I hate what is offered around here. Go back to old school man type gym that stink of old sweat and iron! OH the dreams running around my head!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:50 am 
Elephant

glad to hear about all the amazing turn arounds in your life!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:02 am 
Elephant

So am I :) I lived in a world of negativity for so long.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:14 am 
Elephant

me too!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:55 pm 
Elephant

No wonder I like you so much we are 2 peas in a pod :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 99  Next