Synny's training journal

I dream of being skinny and muscular everyday. Everytime I have ever thought of giving up I think about j how far I have come. To say goodbye to my fat clothes was sad in the sense that I am in territory I have never been in and I don't ever want to go back to. And being vegan is so natural for me anymore I dont have to look at labels anymore. I wouldn't change my course for all the money in the world. I think I am going to stop posting pic updates for a while and surprise everyone

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok last night I didn't journal cause it was only the biggest night in college basketball. My team I am sad to say my team lost but I am holding my head high and still singing their praises. But yesterday was a good day. Still getting used to the new gym and where everything is. I still may look for a new gym because it feels to corporate for local business. I added peanut butter back in because I found I was binging more and when I had my peanut butter yesterday I found I was not raiding the pantry. Peanut butter is a keeper!!

Breakfast: 3/4c oats, 2 tbsp white chocolate wonder peanut butter, 1 banana

Snack: 4 mandarin oranges, 1c black grapes, 1 peanut butter jelly lara bar

Lunch: 2 salad wraps, 1 apple, 2 carrots, 1 serving tofu

Snack: 1 large green monster

Post workout: 2 servings protein powder

Supper: 2oz brown rice noodles, 1/4c marinara sauce, 1c onion mushroom mix

Cardio: 30 min walk with dog, 25 min elliptical weight loss program lvl 5

Standing calf raises: 4 sets 15 reps, 3 sets 15 lbs 15 reps

Crunches: 2 warmup sets 10 reps, 3 sets 15 reps

Smith overhead press: 10 lbs 50 reps, 10 lbs 40 reps, 10 lbs 30 reps, 15 lbs 20 reps, 15 lbs 10 reps

Smith overhead press behind the neck: 20 lbs 10 reps, 20 lbs 20 reps, 15 lbs 30 reps, 10 lbs 40 reps, 5 lbs 50 reps

Giant set

Upright row wide grip: 20 lbs 10 reps, 25 lbs 7 reps, 30 lbs 5 reps, triple drop set 30 , 25, 20 lbs 8 reps

Upright row medium grip: 20 lbs 10 reps, 25 lbs 7 reps, 30 lbs 5 reps, triple drop set 30 , 25, 20 lbs 8 reps

Upright row narrow grip: 20 lbs 10 reps, 25 lbs 7 reps, 30 lbs 5 reps, triple drop set 30 , 25, 20 lbs 8 reps

Ok new gym SUCKS!!!! The members and trainers are rude. If it wasn't for the familiar faces I hold near and dear to my heart I would have canceled my membership and headed for the nearest non commercial gym I could find...... It has me in a funk that I need to get out of and fast. I didn't journal last night due to sheer exhaustion...... Today I am ready to throw away my phone if it doesn't stop ringing....

Tuesday April 3, 2012

Cardio: am walk with dog, 20 min, boot camp, 55 min, bike 25 min

Legs

Leg press: 2 warmup sets 180 lbs 10 reps, 1 triple ascending set 270 lbs, 360 lbs 380 lbs 20 reps, 10 reps, 10 reps I didn't like the

idea of doing drop sets today

Superset

Hack squat: 1 set 50 lbs 30 reps, 1 set 60 lbs 30 reps

Squats: 1 set 45 lbs 10 reps, 1 set 65 lbs 10 reps

Superset

Standing hamstring curl: 3 sets 10 lbs 20 reps (last set was supposed to be a triple drop but can't drop from 10 lbs hahaha)

Stiff legged dumbbell deadlift: 3 sets 40 lbs 12 reps

My body hurts all over but mostly legs after I got home. Not hurt bad but achy

Wednesday April 4, 2012

Cardio: walk 20 min with dog and at gym combined maybe a bit more, 50 min yoga, 25 min elliptical lvl 6 hill program

Chest and back

Superset

Dumbbell pull over: 3 sets 22.5 lbs 12 reps (I can't go back as far without my shoulder trying to dislocate it feels like.....)

Flat bench dumbbell press: 3 sets 30 lbs 8 reps

Superset

Incline flyes: 1 set 20 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 30 lbs 12 reps

Single arm dumbbell row: 3 sets 20 lbs 12 reps

Superset

Cable crossovers: 2 sets 30 lbs 12 reps, 1 set 40 lbs 12 reps

Bent over row: 1 set 40 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 50 lbs 12 reps

Super set

Underhand cable pulldown: 1 set 60 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 75 lbs 12 reps

Flat bench dumbbell press: 3 sets 30 lbs 8 reps

Feeling my workouts let me tell you! I am achy and a lil downright sore!!! Be glad when it goes away

Beast mode switch, eh? That can be very motivational! But do not take the anger out on your body - injury can then occur.

(I am assuming that Beast mode is anger mode of course. Unless it is some mode that you might need to explain how you get Beast mode. I know my Beast mode is when I am feeling very powerful and start lifting really heavy - usually to show off in front of the guys in the gym ^.^ LOL).

Achy is good. But remember to temper the temper with some common sense, otherwise you will be really frustrated that you are injured and can not do anything (that still drives me crazy. that is why I am so careful to push the cardio, but not so much that I can't do anything with my legs the next day - since it dawned on me that cardio utilizes the legs).

Just watching out for you!

Definitely shop around for a new gym. Maybe your other friends are thinking the same thing as you. Take them with you when you all find a great gym to be members at.

changing gyms is huge...be patient, Oh creature of habit...its like when road repairs are done---we groan for the months during construction...bitch and complain...wish they had left it as is...and then...change..its slow (like weight loss)...but can be radical (like veganism and weight loss). exercise patience- see if there arent benefits...and then decide. remember, the only constant in life is...change.

Beast mode isn't anger it is the deep down strength that comes out when training.

Yeah, this is my mode too. I find that it comes out when I am in the Zone. I have a really good song on my MP3 player, I can feel the meal digesting and releasing the energy I need, and I do not have any distractions (close the eyes and listen to my body). I focus on the number of reps I want, and then proceed to release the Beast and let the reps fly.

It is also funny, in that when the Beast does a really heavy set with all that strength, this Little Kid in me comes out and does a Happy Dance and says "I did it! I did it!".

Happy Gym hunting! Make sure to ask alot of questions about the gym. Be specific in what you are looking for. And utilize a free week pass if possible to get the 'feel' for the gym.

I have decided to take the night off from the gym and when I get off work going to take my dog for a nice relaxing walk and actually way some dinner! Maybe a little thai or vegetable sushi! Ok so I decided on Thai for dinner and it is nice not going to the gym tonight hahaha. Probably not the greatest choice but I couldn't pass it up. I got ginger delight with tofu

Finding a trainer isn't a problem I have one for when I can afford it. My gym I went to closed its doors due to corporate take over basically. So the owner set us up at this gym and as nice as it is, the atmosphere sucks. So far the only gyms I have found are all corporate/commercially owned.... But luckily I do have a trainer lined up who knows what I want to do and will do what it takes to get me there just isn't up on the plant based diet part.

Today doesn't feel like a journal day for me.... I will say I did workout out my biceps and triceps, I did do yoga and I did go to boot camp. I fenced off my garden and started planting a few things. Making salt and vinegar broiled potatoes for dinner. Tomorrow I farmer's market YAY!!!! I will be going to surprise my farmer whom I adore and love and miss!!!

My tomato and pepper seedlings are at 2 inches now! They are so cute in how they follow the sunlight with their little stalks.

The garden has been rotor-tilled once already. One more time should do the trick (put in many leaves from fall last year, and with this mild winter, they haven't fully decomposed yet. I have rainbow carrots and broccoli rabe and peas to put in right away. Though the hard frost from last night is sparkling in the morning sun right now (all white and crystalline).

Enjoy the farmer's market! Our true farmer's market is farther away than Whole Foods - but some of the same farmers' products get to WF anyways.

I have peas, onions, potatoes and brussels sprouts going in containers since I just now got to gardening and dont' have a rotor tiller..... I need to get the broccoli planted today before work. I want to grow carrots but don't have a container big enough so will have to get down and really dirty tomorrow and garden claw the hell out of an area

Today I made my way to farmer's market to see what they had. I didn't have a chance to look at much before my farmer's husband came around and gave me a giant bear hug telling me I am half the woman I was and that if I lose much more I am going to blow away. His wife was like if she does we will tie some rocks to her lol. I am now officially 84 lbs down and am weighting in at 181 lbs!!! Running on fumes with all these 6 day work weeks and spending my 1 day off getting everything done that needs to be done. But a huge boulder has been lifted off my shoulders. My car is now officially almost paid off I owe like $300 on it!!! So by the end of this month I will no longer be struggling to survive and can start saving money for the down payment on a farm or maybe even look at opening my own gym since I hate what is offered around here. Go back to old school man type gym that stink of old sweat and iron! OH the dreams running around my head!

181, eh? It won't be long now for the 179 to show up! And with all this stress being released, maybe some more weight will also be blown away with the wind (tell the farmer's wife that there is to be no rocks to tie you down! you can just spread your lats and fly up, up, and away! let the soaring begin!).

*does happy dance* I GOT A NEW MOWER I GOT A NEW MOWER!!!! Mom told me I had a surprise waiting for me at home. I boogie home and find a brand new shiny red push mower with gas can waiting for me!!! Granted I really wanted a roto tiller but...... I NEEDED a mower since we didn't have one. I did weight train, did do cardio, mowed the front lawn and started the side lawn, and ate kinda junky today.... Oh well tomorrow is gonna be a busy busy BUSY day for me so maybe I was just loading up hahahaha

Get some apples, and stick them in places. I am finding that when I want something sweet, I just eat one of those (even though my body is saying it doesn't want an apple - eat it anyways and then complain 10 - 15 minutes later if you still need something sweet - which lately it hasn't, in fact it says thank-you for not letting me get out of control!).

Have fun mowing! I love to mow! I will confess that I love the smell of freshly cut grass (though I like wheatgrass to drink too! followed by a chaser shot of lemon water). Hope the weather cooperates! Michigan is cold again - windy too - but the sun is trying to come out!