Walking 39.3 miles to fight breast cancer! Please support!

BlueRose

I'm walking 39.3 miles in two days to help fight breast cancer! May 19-20th of this year I am joining a group of people who will be walking a lengthy distance to help raise both money and awareness to help fight breast cancer.

I'm walking on behalf of many people including: my grandmother, who was lucky enough to get her breast cancer detected early and has been fine since, and two friends of mine who were not so fortunate--they had double mastectomies. And even less fortunate than my friends was my aunt, who died of this terrible disease. Women's health is a huge concern and issue of mine, and this year I am once again putting my feet towards the cause!

Part of the reason why I got into the Beachbody programs was to help me get into my best shape for the walk. I did my first walk in 2010, and this year will be my third walk. So long as I have legs that work and this disease is still around I plan to continue to do so! I really hope that anyone who is reading my blog will consider assisting me by either donating any amount of money they can spare or will pass along my URL to others. Either way, you are helping me and many others and I thank you for it!

The link to donate is here:

http://www.avonwalk.org/goto/TeaAddictedGeek

And for those of you who are concerned: The Avon Foundation also does NOT support animal testing. Here's the scoop straight from their FAQ:

Effective Nov. 1, 2001, the policy of the Avon Foundation is that no funds will be used to support breast cancer research projects involving the use of animals. The Avon Foundation limits its research funding to clinical studies, human cell culture, and epidemiologic studies. Avon Foundation funding may not be used to fund studies involving animals. Our guidelines apply only to studies funded by the Avon Foundation and do not impact other research underway at these same institutions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick update: at $1,852 including checks sent to me. Thanks to everyone for their support!! I'm hoping to make my personal goal of $2,000, been VERY good at reaching it last two times and I'd love to have to say "Gee, I have to increase my goal now", lol

• 10 years later...

I don't want to upset you, but I have my doubts that taking such long walks will do anything for your cancer treatment. On the contrary, excessive exercise can worsen your overall condition. I think it's a good idea to go for classic cancer treatments, such as using for humans fenbendazole.
By the way, the most amazing thing about this remedy is that it used to be used as a treatment for worms in dogs, but after a while scientists realized that it is ideal for treating cancer.