Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Howdy From Austin TX
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:26 am 
Finch

Hello to all my vegan homies. I have been vegan 8 months and vegetarian 2 years prior to that. I am originally from Colorado but now reside in the ATX. I love it here, so much good food!! I am currently 5'5 and anywhere from 125-130lbs. I don't have any specific goals as of yet, other than I want to look good for engagement photos and nuptials. My fiance has been vegan for 10 years or so and is currently training for his law enforcement career and it would be great if I can keep up with him. He has been a great source of information but I would really like to get with some ladies on tips and encouragement. If there are any out here in Austin interested in getting lunch sometime or hitting the gym, hit me up! :)

Post subject: Re: Howdy From Austin TX
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:43 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to the group!

There is a nice community of forum members here in Austin, TX. We do get together every once in a while, and we also like to meet up at Rip Esselstyn's Engine 2 Potlucks.

All the very best and I hope you get a chance to meet with some members of our local community too. Welcome to the forum!

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:27 pm 
Manatee

We are starting a vegan running group in Austin, and right now it's mostly women. Info is here: http://veganaustin.org/event.php?id=516

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:31 am 
Gorilla

Hi ellipsixx! Welcome to the forum! I'm from Colorado as well (Ft. Collins, to be precise). I've been to Austin a couple of times recently, and I can see why you love it there! :) Hope you're finding lots of helpful information here on the forum. It's great that your fiance is vegan also, as I'm sure that'll make life a whole lot easier. :) Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:26 am 
VBB Moderator

So you've hit your 1 year vegan mark right?! Or did you fall off the wagon? How have you been doing? Hope to hear more from you on here. I'm visiting Austin in November for the first time. Suggestions of things to do, see, or places to eat at?

-Dylan