Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gaia's Cut
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:32 pm 
Elephant

http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-ca ... -smell.htm
they are saying not enough carbs too much protein...but i feel like ive smelled ammonia even when my carbs were high too...
speaking of i need to clean the damn catbox lol.
157 hell yeah!

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:04 pm 
Elephant

157.0 upon rising, after leaving the bathroom - 156.8! I will take it anyway I can get it! Now just have to work on that .8 by the end of the week!

Decided to not go to the gym today. For some reason, I am resting all day. Well, except for the 5 mile trail jog that I did late morning (because it was over 50 and the sun was out! and my legs felt fine . . at least while doing it! now. not so much. oh well. i am resting again!).

I noticed that I have hit the gym 7 days straight, with lots of cardio all mixed in, so I forced myself to take a day of rest. It just so happens that my body agreed - the trail jog was the brain's fault, not the body.

So tomorrow will be Delts once again. And I see the weather forecast is sunny and 60, so maybe I can sneak in some sunbathing during noon. I will have to curtail a run for tomorrow though as Legs is the next day.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:51 pm 
Elephant

Enjoy your rest day!

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:48 am 
Elephant

It was strange, I did enjoy my rest day. And now today looks even more promising weather wise!

156.6 (so I lost .2 from yesterday - but I don't know if that is really fair. I think I might have eaten some sprouts last night, that has cleaned me out all thru the night and this morning. LOL - but I will take the weight scale's reading to heart anyways).

I think I am going to do a yoga class today - instead of a trail walk. I just worry about so many downward dogs and doing delts today. . . ah, yoga will just be a warm up for the delts and my whole body. Right?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:44 am 
Elephant

Yoga will feel amazing today I promise!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:13 pm 
Elephant

It did! It was Friday Meditation day/Restorative. I first thought - Oh Big Whop, another sleepy yoga class.
It was amazing at how I forgot how effective just sitting in lotus pose can be for the legs and for the hips! And she did so many forward bends, that I think my hamstrings love me again! The only thing missing was pigeon pose, but I will do that later on tonight. And I wanted to start working on my scorpion again for my routine on stage.

After yoga, I was all ready to do Delts in the afternoon. And boy are they ever sore! Today I supersetted by sitting on the machine/bench/chair for a minute rest between sets, and then hit the reps as high as I could go til failure. They are still burning!

I know I have Legs tomorrow, but it is so nice out - a short trail WALK before dusk will end the day nicely.

There was no one in the gym today that I knew (except the personal trainer but she was with a client so I did not interfere to tell her something), so I couldn't tell anyone about the definition of one mark in my delts today! Front delt is coming along nicely! No veins popping out on me yet (that will come maybe next month when I have 10lbs more off of me). But I will take the little line of definition to heart.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:21 pm 
Elephant

What did I tell you? Yoga was in your cards today even if you were a bit skeptical. Glad you felt good doing it!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:46 am 
Elephant

1 capsule again of lipo6 - like the little boost - have to contain it though - quads still are not 100% recovered. It gave me alittle ompf as i did my 2 mile trail walk this morning - dancing alittle along the way to move my upper body more.

156.2 this morning (upon rising - with no BM). Thus .2 still hangs on from last week's goal of 156. I will get it off today. I have yoga in an hour, and I will be doing Arms today at the gym. If the quads will allow, maybe some spinning. Onto 154 for this week!

Added chlorella to my smoothie in the morning, and my last protein shake at night. Trying to get something to help me recover alittle faster. Quads are so important for my cardio. I still do not think I lifted that heavy - no I did. I took half an hour, but I got up to 990 on the Leg Press with 3 descending sets afterwards (even my glutes hurt the next day). I am going to have to start stop pushing the weights next month, and go for volume. Argh! It is going to be a switch in my thinking. . . I love my heavy weights. Pushing to the edge. Now I am going to have to dance up to the edge and not touch it. Sigh. . . . (I am already thinking of September and going back to bulking season! And with an overall under my belt again, and Team Universe on the agenda for next year).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:10 am 
Elephant

I have missed heavy weights myself. I have 2 weeks left on this fat loss program and I am going back to lifting heavy.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:34 am 
Elephant

Chlorella seems to be helping, as I was able to do yoga and 1 hour of spinning last night, and my quads are itching to go and do some trail running - just waiting for the temp to get up there (though Michigan is also having alot of gusty winds too - just have to tie my hoodie around my head to keep it up!).

I was able to do Arms yesterday, but I felt like I was just going thru the motions, as they don't really hurt today at all.

I also woke up feeling really groggy - probably due to the Lipo6. When it runs its course thru your body, the awesome feeling of doing all the cardio and weightlifting hits you pretty raw like when the Lipo6 isn't around to make you pretend like you have all this wonderful energy to do all the exercise you can do! The energy debit card needs to be either recharged with a day off from exercise, or you exercise like crazy/normal for us cutting BBers, and accumulate more debit. Since it isn't a rest day, but a Chest day (tomorrow is rest day), I will go on with Lipo6 again with intense exercise for Chest and some cardio.

Oops, rest day for tomorrow has yoga scheduled in (I've decided to do MWF yoga to keep me limber and injury-free). I will just take it slow in the class. . which is the norm of course for yoga. And the weather looks sucky, so probably no trail running to tempt me either.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:56 am 
Elephant

I woke up feeling that way yesterday. I ended my night with a big tbsp of Earth so that I could relax and get centered. Woke up feeling better today. I don't ever remember having that side effect from the Lipo before but then again it has been 4 yrs since I last took it

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:53 pm 
Elephant

I am only taking 1 Lipo6 in the morning, and 1 about 1/2 hour before I go to the gym. I am such a light weight with caffeine, that it really gives me alot of energy with just that dose, and a resulting hangover in the morning I guess. LOL.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:12 pm 
Elephant

Little bummed about the weight this morning: 156.6 right out of bed, and 156.4 after a resulting diet BM (pitiful). I did have a protein shake last night really late, and drank alot of water, to keep from becoming constipated this morning. Worked alittle I guess. . . . .2 lbs. worth . sigh.

Was late in going for my 5 mile trail run, as the temp got warm enough around noon. Made a sheet tent out on the deck, to block the wind, and laid out in the sun (without the wind it was tolerable). Very late getting to the gym also, and had to contend with the after 5 o'clock work crowd - so busy. But I had a nice Chest workout - the weights couldn't reach my PB's though from bulking season. Sigh. But I did catch a glimpse of me in the mirror and was pleased with the results so far. But why is it that when I look at the mirror, I always see some person checking out there face in the mirror? at least this time I didn't get to see someone popping their zit.

Nice enough out, so I went for a trail walk for 2 miles (5 miles this morning means no 1 hour spinning tonight! no matter if the Lipo6 is telling me "WE CAN DO IT!!!!". I think I will have to play alot of spider solitaire to get to sleep tonight. . at least an hour's worth to settle this body down. Wonder if I drink alot of water, if that would dilute the Lipo6 out of my system faster (I am already waking up and going to the bathroom anyways, so that won't bother me if there is a little extra to expel out)?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:40 pm 
Elephant

How much water do you drink a day? do you try to get a least one gallon?

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:38 am 
Elephant

My gallon jug of water is empty by dinner (meal #5), and I am finding that I use more after that! I do use my gallon jug of water to do all my protein shakes and smoothes with though, and that pretty much takes care of the gallon of water! I also have a big Voss water bottle that I fill up with my gallon jug of water with my Pre-Workout Energizer and some more for my Accelerator Recovery after working out. So water isn't the problem, just the timing of the BM.

My BM's are not happening in the morning like they use to. They now come at inconvenient times during the day. Especially out on the trail jog! I've had to clean several muddy shoeprints going from the garage entry door to the bathroom. Nothing like that to motivate you to hurry up and go faster to get home! LOL.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 21  Next