New Guy!

thisgoff

Hi all.

I'm new here. 28 years old; been vegan one and a half years now, and veg for just over a year before that.

I'm from South London, UK

I used to be fat, but with decent base from all the sport I did when younger.

Going veg, lost me quite a bit of weight and felt good. Then more came off when I went vegan and I felt WAY better! I've been doing a lot of running and cycling in the last year and a half which obviously has helped, but not really doing any weight training. So I would say I'm just starting out with this. I wouldn't say I am looking to get bigger, maybe just my arms, but generally I'm looking to lose the last of the fat (damn beer belly) and get some better definition.

I got Robert Cheeke's book a while ago, not started reading it yet, but I'm feeling motivated now to expand my exercise routine with some bodybuilding.

Anyway, I did a little workout earlier with the slim pickings of equipment I had, just chilling out now online til I get some sleep.

Simon

Welcome to the group, Simon!

Thanks for getting my book, I really appreciate that. Hope you enjoy it.

All the best with your fitness goals. Get out there and do some total body exercises to start burning fat, and if you get some weights in there to help build muscle, I think you'll have a good combo of fitness there.

All the best and welcome aboard!

-Robert

Hi Simon, and welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your weight loss! I hope you'll find the information you need here (I'm sure you will!), and hopefully you'll start a training journal here, as it's a great way to keep track of what you're doing and get feedback from others. Keep up the great work! Again, welcome aboard!

• 5 months later...

hi Simon, how have you been since you sign up on the forum? I live in nyc and just last week I got to hang out with one of my favorite dis who happend to be visiting from London. Do you knoww of j-sweet? Fantastic DJ and really nice guy too. -Dylan