Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Before and After (2008-2012)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:02 pm 
Finch

Attachment:
Unknown-1.jpg
Unknown-1.jpg [ 129.53 KiB | Viewed 4598 times ]

Through hard work in the gym and out on the pavement I have transformed my body into a walking advocate for veganism and healthy living. I've never posted on a blog before but absolutely love sharing my story to help others find the motivation to make the change towards a healthier life! I cook all my meals and try to eat as raw as possible so that I can get as much love out of my food as I put into it. I don't know what else to say but If there is anything anyone would like to know about my progression, training, food choices, etc. I would be more than happy to share all the knowledge I harbor on the subjects.

Thanks!
MHveganLuv2run

Post subject: Re: Before and After (2008-2012)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:49 pm 
Gorilla

Great job man. I have done the same. Down from 315 to 202 at 13% bf right now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:07 pm 
Elephant

Congrats on the weight loss! You gonna stay where you are, or bulk up perhaps? What are your goals now?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:48 pm 
Finch

Hey! Thanks for the nice comments and congrats on your weight loss as well Matt. When I posted the photo I was 100% dedicated to running and avoiding everything that would compromise my endurance and ability to run long distances (5-10 miles per day). I have been on spring break the last week and a half and have been lifting with an old buddy from high school and the results I have been seeing and the way I've been feeling as my body becomes more proportionate in this short amount of time has made me decide to start bulking again. I've been wanting to do crossfit for some time now but have be hesitant to start due to the fear of putting on unnecessary muscle for running but I think next week is my week! I need to start doing research on foods to eat for bulking and putting on clean muscle mass, any advice or website/books you'd suggest?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:44 am 
Finch

MHveganLuv2run wrote:
Hey! Thanks for the nice comments and congrats on your weight loss as well Matt. When I posted the photo I was 100% dedicated to running and avoiding everything that would compromise my endurance and ability to run long distances (5-10 miles per day). I have been on spring break the last week and a half and have been lifting with an old buddy from high school and the results I have been seeing and the way I've been feeling as my body becomes more proportionate in this short amount of time has made me decide to start bulking again. I've been wanting to do crossfit for some time now but have be hesitant to start due to the fear of putting on unnecessary muscle for running but I think next week is my week! I need to start doing research on foods to eat for bulking and putting on clean muscle mass, any advice or website/books you'd suggest?

Firstly- you look amazing! What a transformation!- You are a great example of what a vegan could and should look like and I'm sure you're inspiring loads of people to follow a compassionate lifestyle.

As for bulking advice- have you bought the Vegan Bodybuilding and Fitness book yet?
I found it really helpful with the whole cut/bulk process and the vegan diet- I had to get the kindle version though as I couldn't wait for UK delivery!

Well done again- you look really, really good.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:50 am 
Gorilla

if you want to bulk, just eat man it doesn't need to be a science. JUST EAT!!!

Check my log in the workout blog/pics in this section..I have gone from overweight-to underweight to powerlifting :) (also gaining muscle/weight)

I used running & fighting as my tool to drop a load of weight. Then I became real skinny so i stopped doing cardio to focus on lifting, I can still run whenever I want..On crossfit, don't do it man crossfitters are usually complete tool bags.

"Don't fall for that crap that people are peddling on the message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your shit in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn't matter" Jim Wendler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:37 pm 
Elephant

People say to just eat all the time..... but thats not always the answer. You know what its like to be bigger and chunkier, but im sure you dont wanna compromise all those "cuts" just for a little size? And if youre raw its gonna be that much harder to put on size/mass. I too cook all my meals as I know whats going in to them and I cook the foods I like when I like. Anyway, if you need anymore specific advice shoot me a PM.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:54 pm 
Site Admin

Awesome before and after pics!

I love images like this.

Well done! Clearly, a lot of dedication and hard work went into building your current physique. Great stuff!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:07 am 
Finch

Whoa, dam inspirational material there! Amazing mate.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:51 pm 
Rabbit

Amazing! you look great : )