Hi from Croatia

Ve

Hi everyone

I am still browsing around the forum, so I just stopped here to say hi

I am from Croatia (Europe), and I am really happy that I've found this forum.

Anyways, I am only a vegetarian (for 15 years now), but hoping to become a vegan.

I am a IFBB body fitness competitor and trying to find a way to continue competing and become a vegan one day, but in this moment I don't have enough knowledge to do so, neither does anyone around me. In my country most people think it is not possible even to be a vegetarian competitor so I had to discover a lot of things on my own..and to become a vegan it would be even more challenging...

So I hope to find some answers on this forum, although I feel a bit ashamed being a vegetarian on a vegan forum..

You've definitely come to the right place! I'll let someone with more cred give you advice on what you need but just wanted to wish you luck. Personally, going vegan was an ethical decision for me and all the other benefits came after. I've never been healthier, stronger and fitter in my life and I'm sure you'll see the benefits too

Welcome!

Great to have you here!

I'm seeing more and more competitors become vegan, even within the IFBB so it is very exciting to see all the recent interest in the vegan lifestyle.

There are a bunch of competitors here, including myself.

Many of us have been vegan for a long time. Feel free to explore around and get questions answered. We're here to be a helpful resource.

Some articles I wrote that might be helpful are:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/?page=article_information_2

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/?page=article_information_3

and

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=27048

All the very best and welcome to our community!

-Robert

Thanks for the welcome, guys

It's nice to hear that more competitors are interested in vegan lifestyle - very motivating

Thanks for the articles - I needed something to start with.. and hope to come back with the questions hehehe

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ve, and welcome to the forum! I trust you are finding the answers you were looking for here on this website, which is such a great resource of knowledge and advice! There are a number of competitors here in the community, so I'm sure you'll find people to connect with. And don't be ashamed to be here, even if you're not quite vegan yet. Everyone is welcome!

• 5 months later...

Hi, how have you been? Have you been completing much lately? If so how have you been fairing? I always wanted to visit Croatia. I think it had something to do with those cool checkered football/soccer jerseys they where during world cup.

-Dylan