Erika's bikini training for June 2nd show. Gluten & Soy free

Height : 5'8" Current Weigh: 132 Competition Weight: 127

1. 1 scoop Garden of Life Raw Meal

2. 1/2 steel cut oats, 1 tbsp raw almond butter, kiwi

3. 1 cup raw veggies, 1/2 cup sweet potato, 1 cup soaked or sprouted lentils

4. apple, almonds in chia seed pudding ( about 1/4 cup chias, 1/2 cup almondmilk)

5. 2-3 cups kale or dark greens, mixed veggies. Quinoa, lentil, pea mix. Sometimes I will use edamame. The edamame source of soy does not upset my system like tofu/ tempeh does.

6. 1 scoop Garden Of Life, Raw Meal

Supplements:

BCAA & Glutamine at night

I used kre-alkalyn for two weeks, but my system hates it. farts and bloating just like creatine. However I have increased my strength in the last two weeks. I was using 2g in the morning as the directions said, but I will stop it for a few days and then go down to just 1g right before my workout.

Workouts:

Abs every other day

Cardio at least 3xs a week before breakfast for 45 minutes, for the first month. Then as needed before stage.

M: Back/ Bicep

T: Legs ( focused on total with emphasis on quads, calves

W: Chest/ Tri/ Shoulder

TH: off

F: PLYOS!

S: Legs ( focused on glutes/ hamstrings)

SUN: off

Edited by erikajean

weight this AM before cardio: 130

I've decided that going to pump up my cardio for the next 4 weeks to 5xs a morning before breakfast. Previous to this I had been slacking on it and was just sneaking it in as a warm up/cool down from lifting sessions. Since I work at 6am somedays, I will be doing this cardio at home by jumping rope while listening to the Rocky theme and pretending I am a badass MMA fighter.

Why did I switch up my cardio approach? In my second competition I didn't do that much cardio and relied on building up muscle mass which leaned me out. However, in my first comp, for the first 4 weeks, I focused on cardio to lean out while I lifted and THEN backed off my cardio the last 3 weeks ( to just as needed, like when I cheat on my meal plan, haha) and just focused on muscle building/ sculpting. I think I liked the first approach better. Physically and mentally I felt more prepared.

- 1 hour of cardio before breakfast today!

- Food prep for the rest of the busy week all day so I can grab and go.

- Sticking to my meal plan pretty well. Im going to try a new curried split pea soup recipe. I has a stressful morning and I replaced emotional eating with retail therapy and bought 4 new pairs of heals for spring/ summer. I feel better now.

I dropped my KRE-AKALYN to just 1 scoop right before I workout. No "G" side effects for the past few days. thank god. I still feel like its helping me to lift heavier. Even if its not, I like the placebo effect too.

Tonight I head back to the gym for a heavy legs session. My booty has just recovered from my intense leg session on saturday where I went up on weight on every exercise!

Thanks! Its taken me a while to get into the groove of my meal plan. This week has been my best week so far mainly because I am finally super organized with making all my meals a week out. I'm not sticking to the same exact meal plan for the entire 8 weeks but my macros for carbs/ fats/ proteins are on average just about the same. These are some exchanges I use to mix things up:

Meal #2

1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/4 cup berries, 1tbsp almond or Peanut butter ( AB/PB)

1 brown rice tortilla, 1tbsp AB, 1/2 banana

2 brown rice cakes, 1 tbsp AB/PB, thinly sliced apple on top

Meal #3 exchange options are

- 1/2 cup sweet potatoes, 1 cup chopped green veggies, 1/2c cup split peas ( make this into a soup. saute potato, leeks, veggies in olive oil, then cooking peas by adding in water and spices, no salt!)

- 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 cup green beans, 1/2 block tempeh ( yes soy, but fermented so dose not bother me so much like tofu), 1tbsp sesame oil

1/2 cup brown rice pasta, 1 cup raw chopped veggies, quinoa/lentil protein mix, TJs balsamic vinegar, EVOO, TJs 21 gun seasoning ( no salt)

General rules I follow: 108 grams of protein a day. 130lbs÷2.2 ×1.8

- all proteins are average 17-25 grams

- Keep protein high in my first meal (34grams) which is always my protein shake (very low carb, no fat, which keeps my body in its carb/fat burning zone but I feel full)

- carbs & fat starting at meal #2 and #3 to power me through the day

- eat fruit ( 1 large apple or pear) as a snack on an empty stomach with a handful of almonds.

- no complex carbs past snack, keep end of day meal high protein ( 20 grams) , fiberous carbs with only 1 fat serving at dinner

I flip flop my last two meals depending on when I workout. I will always opt for a protein shake directly after my workout for muscle repair and growth. If I hit the gym late I will eat dinner before I workout. Then protein shake when I get home and thats it!

i am going to adapt the diet to me...I am really having a time nailing GF and soy free, and right now...I want to do both. Thanks for teaching an old dog new tricks...have been floundering for about 6 weeks w/ my diet...I need a weight loss/ high performance, muscle building/ maintenance thing...love what you have come up with and will dive into probably NOW. yes, your avatar is amazing...I would have to go back 30 years in a time machine! do you buy GF oatmeal? will play w/ the sweet potatoes...yek...and the lentils...do you do your own, or do you buy at Trader Joe's? I think I can sub what I do like as close to possible on glycemic index, but love that you have little soy. and GF. you look beautiful. thanks, and happy training!

I do not buy GF oatmeal. I am not gluten intolerant, but I would say I have a high sensitivity to it if I eat fake meat, bread, that kinds of food. I get bloated for at least a day or two and have really bad gas from it. I think it also makes what little attention span I have worse. It makes me feel tired, probably because my body is spending so much time trying to digest it. I buy all of my food at Trader Joe's since I work there, except my dried beans, lentils, and chia seeds. I buy those in bulk at Whole Foods.

I'm glad that sharing my fitness journey helps you!

I've been working hard and my abs are coming in this week! I am going for a more cut look for this competition, so I'm right on target.

Haha bikini training journal and you have a pic up like that. That's cool we can all always improve. The sun is here and I am worshiping it with natural sunblock on of course. Beach season is coming!

-Dylan