Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 99  Next
 Post subject: Re: Synny's training journal
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:49 am 
Elephant

Thanks I have been working really hard on them and love how they are responding lately. I eat a lot of foods that are typically high in potassium only because I try not to rely on pills for everything. But it is the normal bloating I get once a month.

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:35 pm 
Elephant

I think I am a glutton for punishment!! Why oh why did I push myself so hard?? Ok well for starters my mind wasn't with me most of the day but on a client I had that passed away almost 2 yrs ago. I have been missing him dearly wondering if I am making him proud right now. He told me before he passed to follow my heart and do what I love..... Lots of doubt running through me on that. Plus feeling massively stir crazy and want to load all my belongings up in my car and find a new home for me and my basset. Can't do that cause I promised to stick with my client to the end so been depressed about that. Just don't feel like I am fitting in around these parts and the friends I did have well.... we aren't talking like we used to and are no longer hanging out... there I finally said it now maybe I can start feeling better!!!!! PMS cravings seem to have died down as I didn't inhale any chips, cookies, cakes, brownies or anything to that effect.

Cardio: 20 min walk with dog, 30 min walk around track, 50 min boot camp

Legs
Leg press:
90 lbs 50 reps
130 lbs 40 reps
180 lbs 30 reps
270 lbs 20 reps
360 lbs 10 reps
400 lbs 10 reps (PB!!!! but stupid idea.....)
290 lbs 20 reps
180 lbs 30 reps
130 lbs 40 reps
90 lbs 50 reps
Seated leg curl: 4 sets 60 lbs 40 reps

Let's just say I forgot my notebook which had my workout in it. Only thing I remembered was the leg press and reps. So I got some added hamstring work thrown in. My knees are pissed at me now that I did all that weight AND boot camp which had a lot of squats and lunges.....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:21 am 
Elephant

Sounds like emotions are coming up to the surface. I like how you are dealing with them - saying it out loud, and letting it pass. I have been doing the same lately. I try to let my yoga training come into focus when I am dealing with these heavy loads (or at least my perception of them is heavy). Just breathe. If I can do that, then I am still alive. And many things can still happen and will. All I need to do is breathe, and calm down all my emotions, and just go about my business. As long as I am able to stick to my routine (exercise, meals, sleeping) then my life is fine.

Though I feel sorry for some person who takes my machine at the gym and I open a can of whoop ass on em - for no apparent reason other than they took my machine that I was using and walked away for a minute to rest/stretch between sets. LOL! or if the PMS has peaked then I will start crying for no apparent reason.

Why do we have hormones again?

Oh yeah, congrats on the PB of 400lbs! Awesome! Stupid perhaps, but still AWESOME!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:30 pm 
Elephant

Felt better to see a friend today and get a hug. Still lonely but I know at the gym I have a great support system from my fellow yogis. Yeah last night I regretted the 400 lb pb but this morning it fully sank in and I am SOOOOOO proud and feel that much stronger. Call me vain or silly but I REALLY wish some of the guys from the gym would actually take notice of all the hard work I have put in and such.... Oh well I know I am kicking ass and taking names

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:37 pm 
Elephant

Awesome work on everything. When you say client what do you mean? I guess I missed what you do...

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:44 pm 
Elephant

I am a home health aid. I take care of a lady in her home.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:45 pm 
Elephant

Aw. I'm so sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:53 pm 
Elephant

A very blah day for me. Glad it is over and sooooo glad I got some vegetable sushi for dinner. Asparagus rolls just sounded so fierce! I did binge a bit today on some tortilla chips and peanut butter but my stomach was doing flips, making loud noises and generally not a happy camper.

Cardio: 28 min weight loss program elliptical, 32 min step mill fat burner plus program lvl 5, 50 min yoga...

Back/ Chest
Superset
Reverse grip cable pulldown:
50 lbs 50 reps
50 lbs 40 reps
60 lbs 30 reps
60 lbs 20 reps
75 lbs 10 reps
90 lbs 10 reps
75 lbs 20 reps
60 lbs 30 reps
60 lbs 40 reps
50 lbs 50 reps
Incline Dumbbell press:
15 lbs 50 reps
15 lbs 40 reps
20 lbs 30 reps
20 lbs 20 reps
27.5 lbs 10 reps
30 lbs 10 reps
25 lbs 20 reps
25 lbs 30 reps
20 lbs 40 reps
12.5 lbs 50 reps

I swear my blood sugar felt like it dropped halfway through my 32 min on the step mill. I didn't have my monitor nor anything to raise it up if it was low. I kept trucking along only to feel like jello and shaky. I got to my locker and munched on 5 glutamine tablets and chugged a protein shake. Then stopped and got sushi. Feeling normal now. Think my weights took more out of me than normal?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:00 pm 
Elephant

Yeah my job is mentally draining and when I work 6 days a week for 6 weeks I am ready to scream.... I love her and all but omg I get a bad mental overload.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:04 am 
Elephant

Ok so have put on a pound almost 2 this week.... I am just gonna say I put on some muscle cause seriously.... the way my body is still aching how could I have not! Even my tight jeans are fitting a hair bit better except in the legs which are tight due to my tree truck quads hahahahaha. 182.8 I don't like you but I know you will leave me soon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:08 am 
Elephant

Those are alot of reps! Aerobic weightlifting? Such a thing exists! How long did you rest between sets?

Your chest and back took quite a beating by ascending and then descending with that many reps (after awhile of that, I don't think what the size of the weight matters much - it is just the sheer amount of reps! My muscles can not take anything over 25 reps at the moment).

Inspired to start my supersetting of 25 reps already (I was going to start at the beginning of May, and say goodbye to my heavy weights).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:31 am 
Elephant

keep in mind you are building a ton of muscle that you havent had before!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:53 am 
Elephant

I was resting between 1-2 min stretching most of the time. My forearms took a hit too with the reverse grip pulldowns, even with the weight being light.... I dont' exactly like the high reps myself. I like to do between 10-12 reps max myself so this is really an adjustment. I literally have to psych myself up to do 50 reps..... I am sure it is aerobic weightlifting since it is in a fat loss program. On top of all that I am supposed to do 25 min cardio twice a day and 300 twists twice a day. I honestly dont' do the twists and some days I just don't have it in me to do cardio twice a day unless you count taking Teddy for a morning walk. Even if he doesn't get the heart rate up we still move. BTW he doesn't like to run much but when he does I swear he smiles... Need to find a runner to take him running some cause my knees just won't do it, but then again I don't mind cause I never really like running. @Jungle yeah I know it is probably muscle weight but just want to see 179 so I can relax and be happy to be out of the obese range even if the BMI is a joke really. I think even though I am getting close to 2000 cal a day my body just isn't satisfied with that... hell I burn close to what I eat on weight training days and about half on cardio only days....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:54 am 
Elephant

Do you know what your macros are?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:11 am 
Elephant

Not off the top of my head. I will write down what I eat all day which is typically the same everyday except days off and it is a nibble here graze there. I try to keep fats under 20%, carbs over 50% and protein around 30%.... but with peanut butter being a downfall fats tend to go a little higher some days lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 99  Next