Gaia's Cut

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raw cheesecake is so delicious! I had a mango one at the Cacoa Tree in Royal Oak, MI last year. I fear to eat that now, as it has so much cashews in it (mango and cashew cream for the filling, and walnuts/dates for the crust. Yum!) that the fat content would be way higher than the usual soy cream cheese/tofu cooked one that I make.

OK, today I was a good girl and did cardio in the morning. Read last night that on Bodybuilding.com, that 45 minutes of LIT is all that is needed. I did 60 minutes total (30 minutes, go to the bathroom ^.^, and then finished with another 30 minutes on the elliptical (only level 2). Smelled just a hint of ammonia, but that was towards the end of the second 30 minutes. So maybe I should just do the 45 minutes, or I need to do a little runner's gel to keep some carbs in me to use for the minutes over 45?

I also was a good girl in that I did supersetting for Back today. It still took me 1 and 1/2 hours to complete 3 double supersetting exercises at weights that pushed me to complete the 25 reps for 4 sets. I did Pulldowns with Machine lower grip Back Row, Stiff-Legged Deadlifts with Machine upper grip Back Row, and the last superset was Hammer Strength Back Pulldown Row Machine with Cable Front Pressdown (with Pulldown attachment). The weights were like 120 lbs plates, 50-90lbs, and 50lbs/40lbs for the last superset exercises. My Back is hurting, but without the Pump that I usually get with the heavy weights. Sigh. But I did wear a tank top (brand new size Medium (not my usual XL) from Forever 21 that I got today to inspire me to look at myself more and work on posing) and thought I looked like I am coming along nicely.

Again, I do not want to acknowledge what the scale said this morning - and I won't till it gets me back down to 154 at least!

So today, was an hour long LIT cardio on the elliptical, at only level 2. Smelled my sweat, it wasn't ammonia - but smelled not the usual (I wonder what I must have looked like as I kept taking big whiffs under my shirt! LOL).

Then it was Arm day with supersetting (still not liking the light weights - my ego is taking a back seat, and it is grumpy). Started off with the two Big main lifters - EZ barbell curl and Rope Tricep Pressdown. Started low (30 for the EZ bar, and 60 for the Pressdown) and went up to where it was hurting me to do the 25 reps. Found that weight, and if I had not done enough sets (4-6 range), then I did another set at that weight.

Next was the secondary lifts of Dumbbell Hammer Curls and Overhead Rope Tricep Extensions. Again found the weight that was hard (will be my starting weight next time, and will do 4 sets at that weight - till it gets too easy, then I will go up) and did at least 4 sets. Now I was starting to get alittle bit tired.

Went on to the third superset of weights Bench Dips (the 35 lbs plate worked nicely - I laughed when I used the 25 lbs plate and thought that this is what I use to Bench Dip in February! if I was already 150 lbs - but alas NOT).

Now I was thoroughly tired, but not yet fatigued - so onto another superset of Cable Tower lateral "Bicep" curl (basically a front double bicep pose - and the biceps were looking good today! even if it was a little weight of 20! couldn't do the 30 - too tired) and I did Push-Ups with my middle fingers touching each other - elbows out to the side - working mainly the triceps (and alittle Chest, but pushing up my front end body weight is nothing for my Pecs).

Going to go back for an hour walk on the treadmill because it is so cold and windy here today and I won't go out and do my trail walk for 2 miles/ 1 hour. At least on the treadmill I punch in 3 MPH for my walk, and an hour will equal 3 miles instead of my usual 2 - so just a smidge more than normal.

Forgot to mention that I went off the Lipo6 since I wasn't losing weight, and I want to be able to use it more towards the end. I did like the feeling of not being hungry (now I feel always hungry again - maybe a side effect of going off of it? I was only on for a week?) and having a euphoria of endorphins for a couple of hours after taking it. I do not have a drop in energy though - but I did switch to light weights. . . but high reps . . . tired after an hour of working out, but now after meal #5 I feel ready to do some cardio tonight . .).

Anger is a good motivator. I got very angry with the scale this morning, as it did not budge from yesterday! How can I do all that cardio, and aerobic weightlifting, and not lose anything? Ugh!

Choice this morning was a salad with tahini/lemon juice (raw and homemade) dressing on it, and a protein shake (made only with water) in response to the scale. No more fruit - save it for cheat meal I guess.

I so wanted to see 150 at the end of this month! I sure want to see if jungleinthefrunk can lose the 6 lbs to get to 126 by the weekend!

Day off from weightlifting today. Cardio yes, but this body needs a rest. Those push-ups I did yesterday did more than workout my triceps, my front delts and middle of the back are hurting today from it. May have to rethink that exercise for triceps.

Yesterday was Chest day. I did 3 supersets: first set was the main chest exercises - Smith Incline Chest Press paired with Machine Flyes; next was HammerStrength #1 Chest Press with Small Cable Tower Flyes at about the 4 ft mark; and third was HammerStrength #2 Chest Press and Machine Chest Press with Vertical Grip (utilizes pretty much the same pec muscles with slight forearm variations). I ended up trying to do push-ups with my feet up on a stability ball (utilizes the core alot!) and I couldn't get past 15 reps (fatigue was a factor).

Morning cardio was on the Elliptical on only level 2, and I got to 30 minutes - smelled myself and found no ammonia - and continued on for 45 minutes. I also did not smell of ammonia during my Chest workout, and it was nice enough out (though I got rained on alittle - not enough to melt me ^.^) that I did my usual 2 mile trail walk last night for night time cardio.

I think I know the culprit of the ammonia smell. If I was burning up my muscle mass, when I did not consume a protein shake before bed, and went to do cardio the following morning, then I would smell of ammonia - right? But I did not! I also had another theory - that I was burning the protein that was already in my blood stream, and that I had too much in there - and since I am not ripping up muscle tissue and using the aminos to repair, then all those aminos would be available in the blood stream for fuel. I think 4-5 protein shakes is too much for me at this point in my training - especially at the scoop being 2 Tablespoons with 25 grams of protein. I just did 3 protein shakes and cut it to 1 Tablespoon (heaping regular soup spoon actually) yesterday, and no ammonia at all! And the Chest is not overly sore, so repair was adequate on that amount of protein. I will add more protein if I don't recover fast enough I guess. Just do not want ammonia anymore - it was messing up my hair and skin.

Friday I did a quick Leg routine in the noon hours - attended a graduation ceremony at Michigan State University in the late afternoon. I supersetted the Leg Press with Calf Raises, Leg Extension with Leg Curls, Adductor with Abductor Machines, and then I just did Sumo Squats by themselves, but 4 sets of 25 reps with a minute rest in between. Legs were pumped afterwards, but not sore the next day.

Was able to do the Elliptical the next morning for cardio. And I was able to do my routine for Back that I had done previously, but not all the sets warming up to the weights that I picked in which I was able to do 25 reps with some resistance. I just did 4 sets of that picked weight, and cruise thru the routine. Still took me 1 and 1/2 hours to do it! which included 10 minutes of warmup cardio (on the Elliptical, level 2).

Weight still not to where I want it to be: 155 (at least it is not 156 from last week, so going down, just not the 2lbs I wanted). No cheat meal for me.

How did your stomach react to the gluten in the yummy cinnamon roll?

I have a theory - from my personal experience - that if you stay off of it for awhile, that having one thing with gluten won't bloat you up - it is when you go for the second and third thing that will bloat you up. Like your immune system reacts slow at first - hey what is this? I think I have a B cell with antibodies to this, but where did I put it? - and then it finds the B cell and starts making massive amounts of antibodies and they go out looking for it - but you have already processed it and out it went! - unless you happen to add more fuel to the fire by eating another gluten containing food source and it has not been processed yet - then it attacks and bloats you up from all the inflammation

Last night I had a protein shake, with 2 glasses of water, about an hour before bed. Woke up in the early morning to release it, and put the two glasses of water right back in when I finally did get up. I also had a big Voss bottle of water as I did my morning cardio this morning - no ammonia smell. Maybe I need to watch that I take in more water while I do these nice long LIT cardio sessions.

I also went back on Lipo6 to see if I can use it to get over this new plateau of losing no weight - so the 60 minutes of Elliptical to do 10K on the island trail mode was very easy to do - and I still have plenty of energy to go to Whole Foods this morning. Looking forward to doing Arms this afternoon.

Today's Arms was amazing. The light in the gym was showing my muscles off pretty well - soon as I get to 150 - I will show you gals some pics of me, now that I am starting to feel confident to show it off. I did the same Arm routine as last time, without all the warmup weights to get to the weight that gave me some good resistance to get to 25 reps. I still took 1 and 1/2 hours to do it all - and had just a hint of ammonia on the workout bra - I shall try to drink more water to dilute the ammonia more (need to do protein shakes as my muscles are not recovering as fast as they use to, so I need to keep the protein in, but hopefully I can drink more to dilute it more so my body can eliminate it out thru the bladder instead of my skin). It is a nice day today, so a trail walk is on the agenda for tonight (in about 10 minutes!).