Synny's training journal

Those are alot of reps! Aerobic weightlifting? Such a thing exists! How long did you rest between sets?

Your chest and back took quite a beating by ascending and then descending with that many reps (after awhile of that, I don't think what the size of the weight matters much - it is just the sheer amount of reps! My muscles can not take anything over 25 reps at the moment).

Inspired to start my supersetting of 25 reps already (I was going to start at the beginning of May, and say goodbye to my heavy weights).

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was resting between 1-2 min stretching most of the time. My forearms took a hit too with the reverse grip pulldowns, even with the weight being light.... I dont' exactly like the high reps myself. I like to do between 10-12 reps max myself so this is really an adjustment. I literally have to psych myself up to do 50 reps..... I am sure it is aerobic weightlifting since it is in a fat loss program. On top of all that I am supposed to do 25 min cardio twice a day and 300 twists twice a day. I honestly dont' do the twists and some days I just don't have it in me to do cardio twice a day unless you count taking Teddy for a morning walk. Even if he doesn't get the heart rate up we still move. BTW he doesn't like to run much but when he does I swear he smiles... Need to find a runner to take him running some cause my knees just won't do it, but then again I don't mind cause I never really like running. @Jungle yeah I know it is probably muscle weight but just want to see 179 so I can relax and be happy to be out of the obese range even if the BMI is a joke really. I think even though I am getting close to 2000 cal a day my body just isn't satisfied with that... hell I burn close to what I eat on weight training days and about half on cardio only days....

Not off the top of my head. I will write down what I eat all day which is typically the same everyday except days off and it is a nibble here graze there. I try to keep fats under 20%, carbs over 50% and protein around 30%.... but with peanut butter being a downfall fats tend to go a little higher some days lol

Ok so it also dawned on me that I am still not comfortable with my gym and that may be a reason I am not losing either. Was a long day for me today. Ready to climb into bed and just rest.

Cardio: 30 min walk with dog, 25 min elliptical weight loss program lvl 4

Shoulders, calves, abs

Seated Military Press behind the head

20 lbs 50 reps

20 lbs 40 reps

20 lbs 30 reps

20 lbs 20 reps

30 lbs 10 reps

Seated Military Press

30 lbs 10 reps

20 lbs 20 reps

20 lbs 30 reps

20 lbs 40 reps

20 lbs 50 reps

Giant set

Upright row: 3 sets 30 lbs 20 reps

Seated calf raise: 1 set 45 lbs 20 reps, 2 sets 55 lbs 20 reps

Weighted crunch: 3 sets 25 lbs 20 reps

What got me was the peanut butter and jelly larabar that I had to have....

Probably true. Did you really have to have it?

Lose weight or Larabar?

(Bulking season: choice Larabar!, Cutting season: choice no Larabar/lose weight . . . sigh . = no fun!)

With the sheer volume of your training, your body is telling you it needs more nutrients. This time you chose the larabar as your nutrient source. Next time, maybe something a little more plain and boring.

Are you still taking the Lipo6? I know when that wears off in my body, it goes in the opposite direction of whatever 'up' I was feeling with it. I can feel myself coming down in the afternoon (though I have now spaced the pills out through out the day so I do not feel that way in the middle of the day) and know to take another one right away. Now I hit rock bottom at 9 PM (right after my dusk time trail walk), and feel so out of it as I climb into bed. But I know that is the stimulants, and though not good in the long run, it serves its purpose for right now.

No I didn't need the larabar was a want... better choice than the potato chips I could of reached for. I didn't get the pineapple peeled and sliced and just wanted something to kind of kill that emptiness. Maybe half a builder bar would of been better for the higher protein content... I am not on Lipo right now I wish I was cause it usually kills all cravings and I for some reason eat less. Lost .2 so am at 182.6 today. I measured my waist and it is down to 36 and my hips are 40 I think. Will do the official measuring next Saturday along with pics. Getting excited to compare Day 1 with Day 84!!

Thanks gobigo

Decided to take life easy today.... 50 min yoga, 50 min walking. I don't want to stress anymore!!!! It is time that I start having fun again. Since I have no plans for the night I think I am going to take a nice warm bubble bath and then read a book... something that doesn't require many brain cells to understand HAHAHA. I just need to unwind and chill so that I can regroup for the next phase of my journey.

So my night in fell through. Got asked out for coffee by a guy. Very nice and easy going, nice looking, my issue.... big ole meat eater. Granted he is very understanding of my lifestyle choice I just don't know yet. My diet will be messed up today since I didn't go grocery shopping last night either....Oh and finally got that pound off that I put on during my period so I can breathe again lol. Will be working hard and stop treating the new gym as my enemy and walk in with the attitude of if they don't like me they can suck it cause I am here to stay. I made my final car payment today and that is a huge burdon off my shoulders. Next task is to start paying off all my medical bills. Need to pull my credit report and start calling all my creditors and making payment arrangements and see if we can cut them down some and such. Time for me to start being a responsible adult. Maybe even look for a second job that I don't really want.... Sooner my debt is cleared up the sooner I can get my farm!!!

50 min cardio on the treadmill. I decided I wanted to do my booty lifter tonight. Speed started out at 3.0 then moved to 3.2 and ended at 3.5 for most of the 50 min. first 5 min I did an incline of 1% and then went up 2% every 2 min until maxed out. Stayed at incline of 15 for over 20 mins. My legs and glutes feel like they have been worked but not pain.

I have started looking forward to pancake Sunday since i found a wonderful recipe! Granted they aren't as yummy as regular pancakes but are by far the best gluten free recipe I have found and at least I can control the ingredients instead of using a box mix. I get to mow my acre of land today and possibly the neighbors if the blade height is different... should be fun

So all this talk about Chipotle's got me craving it and I was going to go get a taco salad when a friend rudely reminded me I won't get to my goal by eating it.... So I fixed a mixed berry smoothie with some coconut oil, water, protein powder and frozen berries. So not what my tummy wanted. A friend actually wants to work out with me so looks like I will have a workout partner.

Legs

Warmup 3 sets 45 lbs 10 reps-Squats

Legpress: 2 warmup sets 70 lbs 10 reps, 90 lbs 50 reps, 180 lbs 40 reps, 200 lbs 30 reps, 270 lbs 20 reps, 360 lbs 10 reps

Superset

Leg extension: 4 sets 60 lbs 20 reps, 1 set 75 lbs 20 reps

Seated leg curl: 4 sets 75 lbs 20 reps, 1 set 90 lbs 20 reps

Cardio: 1 hr lawn mowing, 25 min booty lifter on treadmill 3.5 speed

Well I ended up with a few strawberries that didn't have any chocolate drizzled on them, pineapple, a plain sweet potato, plain baked potato, spinach salad with mushrooms, carrots, red wine vinegar, soy nuts, slivered almonds, sunflower seeds and a few black olives. Not a place I really want to go to very often cause the waist lines are about as big as the buffet bars.... It scared me to see all the fried chicken, steak, ham and seafood on these peoples plates and all the trips they were taking. I used to be that person!!! Felt nice being one of the few small people in there. BTW my weight is down to 180.8 now so I have lost a pound since my tough love talk I so needed that.

YEAH!!!!! 180!

I think you developing the mind set of a bodybuilder! Ask yourself what the food will do to your body, and then make choices accordingly.

Have you decided what you are going to do for the month of May?

I have already started to do supersets and morning cardio (for 45 - 60 minutes) to start blasting away the fat, and not focus on the weightlifting (sniff sniff - lower weights here I come!) part: so I am set to go for my goal for May (whether or not I am successful is up to me and my choices - and Chiptole will not be one of them - I still can't get the water weight off - feel bloated still! - wonder if the guy who puts the salt in their rice made a mistake and put an extra shake in there? I guess the wrap loaded with gluten could be the real culprit).

I think for the summer I am going to try another program from bodybuilding.com with a stricter diet except for my cinnamon roll once a week. I have missed it. Best choice hell no, indulgence you bet. Even going to make my pancakes healthier. Cut out the sugar and oil, add in frozen berries and eat them plain. Going to try my hardest to be in the 150s by the end of june. I am back to food journaling which I detest....