Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Atl
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:38 pm 
Finch

:popcorn: Hi everyone! I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself. I met Robert a couple of years back when I lived in Ohio but have since returned home to Atlanta. I've been a vegetarian for about 15 years and almost-vegan for several now. I'm pretty much vegan at home but struggle when eating out. It's hard unless you're in a vegan-friendly restaurant! I turned 48 this year and my body has simply gone to pot! I've been exercising more and really not eating any more than I ever have, but I can't shake the pounds! And this year, for the first time ever, I've developed a "pooch." I am NOT happy with my figure! I'm hoping to get some motivation and encouragement here.

Are there any other vegan ladies here who are 48 and over? I need a role model, please!! :roll:

Post subject: Re: The Atl
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:33 pm 
Rabbit

Caroline011964 wrote:
:popcorn: Hi everyone! I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself. I met Robert a couple of years back when I lived in Ohio but have since returned home to Atlanta. I've been a vegetarian for about 15 years and almost-vegan for several now. I'm pretty much vegan at home but struggle when eating out. It's hard unless you're in a vegan-friendly restaurant! I turned 48 this year and my body has simply gone to pot! I've been exercising more and really not eating any more than I ever have, but I can't shake the pounds! And this year, for the first time ever, I've developed a "pooch." I am NOT happy with my figure! I'm hoping to get some motivation and encouragement here.

Are there any other vegan ladies here who are 48 and over? I need a role model, please!! :roll:

Welcome Caroline!
I'm turned 40 this year. Eating out can be tricky but I usually just ask to modify certain dishes or ask that the chef just throw something together that does not have meat,dairy or any animal products.You can even pull the "allergy" card if you have to;) This is an amazing place! You will find lots of motivation and encouragement here! :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:13 pm 
Manatee

Hi Caroline,

I'm new here too and approaching my mid 40's. Vegetarian 10 years, and recently decided to commit to vegan.

I ate out yesterday - Mexican - bean and rice burrito with salsa and guac... so good!

I've read that decreasing estrogen later in life makes it is !much! harder to keep weight off. And less estrogen also means any weight gain will directed to the middle section (whereas with estrogen it goes to hip area). Yup, girls have all the fun. ;D

Anyway.. welcome. Hope you find the motivation and role models you are looking for here. :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:27 pm 
Gorilla

Not over 38 or a lady, but my girlfriend and I are vegans in Atlanta as well, over on the NW side near Vinings. Welcome back to the city!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:54 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome Caroline!

Great to have you here on our forum!

Hope you're able to connect with people and it looks like you already are.

All the best and welcome aboard!

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:14 pm 
VBB Moderator

Hi, how have things been going? There are plenty of lady role models in their 40's on this site. Did you find yourself a couple? Hope to hear more from you on your progress and that you are going well :)

-Dylan