Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Menu for the lazy
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:15 pm 
Finch

I would like to find a menu for a complete diet. A book? A website? I just want a menu that is complete and requires no thought. Just take it to the grocery store and buy what it suggests. A full weeks worth or a months or a year. Vegan, 2400 calories a day and complete! Any help appreciated.
Also, I live in McMinnville. Anyone hereabouts trying to workout while eating vegan? I go to Excell Fitness but would consider alternate assistance.

Post subject: Re: Menu for the lazy
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:25 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome!

I think that is an excellent question and even something I've wanted for myself as a competitive bodybuilder. It is one of the more common questions I get, but I am not an expert at preparing balanced meals for general health. Perhaps I will be when I complete my current course in Plant-Based Nutrition through eCornell.

There clearly seems to be an interest in this and a void in where someone could come in with this service and help a lot of people. Perhaps there are forum members who do specialize in this. I can think of a couple off the top of my head and I'll send them over to this page and see if it matches what they do.

Thanks for being here!

All the best. PS, I'm from Corvallis and lived in Portland for a while :) Now I'm a vegan cowboy of sorts, living in Texas.

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:27 pm 
Rabbit

Check out Happy Herbivore's website..... Recently added meal plans for vegan & low fat that can be modified for caloric needs and it includes grocery list; I can't vouch for the plan but I do know her recipes are simple and delicious!!! Seems like a great concept!

http://getmealplans.com/

Hope this helps!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:09 pm 
VBB Moderator

Hey, I'm in NYC but I know mcminville well, I'm from Independence, OR. Small world! Try looking at the journals section of this forum. A lot of people post what they are eating, also the recipes thread is cool too.
The book Must have been something I ate, has a lot of good recipes, you have to read through them though only about 80% of them are vegan.

-Dylan