Gaia's Cut

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night's trail walk turned really cold towards the end, but it made me walk even faster! And yesterday's diligent work paid off this morning: with no BM and even hardly a peep of water: 154.4!!!!!! Only a week behind schedule. . . still I have the whole day today to work at it as it is the last of April! So 4 more lbs, and I am going to be confident and take those pics.

Thanks Synny!

Today was a copy of yesterday so far - though the weather is decidedly wet, cold, and grey today (I did like the few thunder booms in the morning though! Love a good storm).

Morning cardio: Elliptical, level 2, 60 minutes for 10K total distance.

Workout was Chest. For some reason, maybe the weather, but the high school kids came in halfway through my workout. Some little dweb took my Hammer Strength Chest Press because I got up to do the other machine - which a trainer was now using for their client, so I turned around to go back. Usually I will wait till they finish, but I was supersetting. Mind you I was using light weights for my 25 reps, but he took off my 25 lbs plates, and put on 45 lbs plates, and proceeded to do 8 sets. I do not know what got into me, but as I saw him coming back to do another set (yeah, he was supersetting too on another machine), I sat down on the machine and proceeded to pump out 20 reps really strong and forceful. Loved his mouth opening up and shutting. Punk! Did it for 3 sets - and then to show off I put another 45 lbs plates on the machine and was only able to max out 1 rep (not too impressive - and it surprised me as I was able to push out 6-8 reps before dieting - oops, that backfired. Serves me right though. I showed off too much. LOL!!).

I do not think the weather will permit a trail walk, so an incline treadmill walk will have to do. I am finding that if I get the incline up, and a brisk pace, I grab the rails and twist as I walk - my obliques hurt the next day from that move.

Personal trainer said that she saw me from the back, and that she could see some definition popping out! Yeah!!!

154.0 even today (and straight from the bed). I know I have a popcorn cheat BM that still needs to be pushed out yet! LOL

So not a 152 to start the month of May out with, but that is OK.

Speaking of periods, I finally got mine today - it is 5 days late! Going on a 30 day cycle now, instead of my usual 25 day cycle? I will admit I got excited thinking that I would not be getting it this time! Nope. Have to keep pressing forward and losing more weight to get there!

Due to my condition, I am very slow today. I am also very tired. . I have yet to do morning cardio. I am using the weather as an excuse today - I want it to be warm to go out on the trail - it just inched up to 50, but they are forecasting 70 for today - with clear skies, and it is currently grey and overcast right now.....Mmmmmmmm. Time to pop a Lipo6 and get going.

Delts are the agenda for the gym today. I have a little ping in the left shoulder (due to the hours of Elliptical cardio I think) that I will have to keep correct form to keep that from interfering in my workout.

I complain about the step mill but omg when it comes to being stuck doing indoor cardio it seems to be the way to go for me anymore! I had to do the elliptical last night and thought about how much I wanted to be on the step mill!

Actually I did the stair climber/step mill instead of the incline treadmill walk! I put only 10 minutes on the timer, but kept bumping it up till I finally got to 30 minutes and said enough is enough! I had sweat pouring down my arms! The cool thing was that the monitor that usually has the TV on (I turn it off) was right in front of me at eye level, and I could see my delts and traps and chest reflection - and it was so beautiful to look at that I kept going (who knew that vanity is so motivational!).

Today's Leg day was fast and efficient. There was no one in the gym to talk to when I wanted to have a rest break! I did get up to 6 45 lbs plates on each side of the Leg Press for 15+10 reps, but my legs were quivering on the last 10 reps. I have done 2 cycles of supersetting already. Wondering if I can just do a week of heavy weights for low reps for fun. . . plus cardio? Maybe keep cardio to a minimum of 20 minutes (instead of an hour) to help in the recovery of my thrashed muscle tissue? I will have to think about it (and after I hurt myself on the first day of doing Back heavy will probably have me doing supersets of lightweight again. . live and learn).

153.2 this morning! Maybe I can get to 152 this week? And 150 next week?

Don't know what to do since I have been going nonstop for 4 days of lifting, and decided that my body needed a break - woke up really sore and actually just fell back into bed and continued sleeping. . . . so that decided it for me right then and there . . . have to listen to my body and it wasn't going to do any cardio this morning. Now just have to be good about eating too. Binged on a small bowl of chips and salsa for lunch, instead of the brown rice and salad and protein powder shake.

153.7 this morning. Oh well. I'm sure tomorrow it will be higher once again with the chips and salsa and all that salt. . . . sigh.

I'm sure tomorrow it will be higher once again with the chips and salsa and all that salt. . . . sigh.
Have a couple shots of vodka or something right before bed; it'll make quick work of that sodium induced water retention... I'm only half joking, btw... I've used that approach to 'dry out' on more than a few occasions... "What's that? going to the beach tomorrow? I'm in! Where's that bottle...?"

Enjoy your rest day!

Back to normal today (normal as in dieting and being able to handle/control it). Did Back this afternoon, and raised the weights for my supersets even (4 sets of 25 reps between 2 exercises), and I did a heavy set at the end: tried to do my PBs from bulking season, and I was able to lift it for at least 6 reps - so I was happy!

I did a 5 mile trail run this morning after a night of thunderstorms. Everything was wet and smelled wonderful - the honeysuckle is just about to peak here (the whole trail smells like that sweet sickly smell - which wafts over you as you jog by - and I like it). It is getting cool now at night, and I guess a trail walk for tonight will be OK (the alternative is the step mill at the gym. . . maybe both. . but I shouldn't push it so much or I will have a day like yesterday where I just need to sleep all day to recharge my body's battery).

Carb loading on a binge disaster the night before ends up with fuller looking muscles at least (definition is sacrificed though) the next day. I like that at least - plus I have alot more energy. And the BMs! Makes one feel lighter. The scale doesn't lie to you though. 155 this time (not so bad as the 159 like last time - so just like jungleinthefrunk it goes up, but not as bad as last week's cheat).

I read about Michigan during my flight to Chicago today. Michigan is one of five states I've never been to (aside from the Detroit airport).

The article was about Traverse City, which sounds like a lovely place.

Some day I gotta get out there.

Hope you have a great weekend!

-Robert

Traverse City is a very nice city. I like to call it the Spa town, as it is geared toward tourists that are into that stuff. Cherry festival is fun and delicious (as long as the weather permits it to be! that is Michigan! LOL!).

Beautiful Cinco de Mayo today. Went for the usual morning cardio of a trail jog for 5 miles (getting under an hour now), with overcast sky and a faint tinkle of mist at the beginning, but it disappeared by the time I had turned around and headed back towards home. Did a little high intensity sprint at the end of my jog - full ball of foot strike on the stride - vibrams do not offer much cushion - my calves hurt the next day! Which is fine with me, need to build them up too.

Did Arms at the gym. I tried to go heavy after supersetting with the light weights for high reps. Yeah, that went OK after the first superset, and I was having a hard time just doing the supersets after that one time of lifting heavy. Can't do both today. Maybe I will change up my routine by doing a heavy session after I get done with this session of supersetting my whole body. Take a week to do each body part heavy, with a day of rest when I need it to repair and recover.

If I didn't have my trail runs, and had to only do cardio in the gym, I wouldn't have made it this far! I need my nature to function properly!

I remember the trip to Zion National Park, and I was so envious of this guy that got to run Walter's Wiggle every morning!

http://i46.tinypic.com/9i4miv.jpg

I am trying to figure out when I am going to be able to mow because everyone is still sleeping and they are calling for scattered thunderstorms off and on all day...... rained so much this week the trails will be far to muddy. Tried that once alone and well wasn't the smartest idea I have had