Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jessica's Training Journal
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:43 pm 
Rabbit

Haha ya i really think she looks amazing except if you googled her she did used to pose for nude pictures a long time ago so just a little late warning hehe.
I have been sticking to my work outs pretty well and got a great ab workout. I need to get new shoes because 1. one of them is ripping a bit making it lose and it slides around when i do my sprints and two the owner of my gym (it is a small gym so he just hangs around) was telling me how this 50 year old can run fast and do it gracefully but i am young and i am like making loud noises. That is probably true but i listen to music so loud i can't hear but except for the fact that the old guy rans fast for no more than like 20 seconds my shoes are also really heavy espesially at the front (for any one who has keens you know). He was trying to tell me i need to run softer cause other wise it can be bad for my joints but i am running normal it is just on the treadmill my shoes are just hard and heavy and kind of hit it hard at the end. It actually REALLY peeved me for some reason but my boyfriend assured me he wasn't trying to mock me. I have; however, decided to look at a bunch of different cardio options to try and have been weighing the pros and cons of each. My current options are:
Treadmill (find it easier to do high intensity intervals), hulahooping (I am really good at it now so can do it for as long as i want), Biking (i find this relaxing while i can go for a long time as well as push myself), jump rope, running outside (the only problems with this are i live in a city so harder and i get a super sore throat if i run when it is chilly), elliptical (this is nice and it is convenient since right in the gym but gets pretty boring), Exercise Vids.
Going to go and pick the best few to do every once and a while for cardio to switch things up. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:38 pm 
Rabbit

Been doing good lately. I have really gotten into cardio more and have been running or biking almost everyday on top of gym. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:39 pm 
Rabbit

I have decided just to run outside and it is just SO much more fun for me and my throat has been doing fine as well.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:54 pm 
Rabbit

Today is my rest day and i was supposed to go bowling with some friends later today but the place i found is apparently no longer open so i managed to find a different bowling place. It is 15 min by car but to bike will probably be 40 or so min so for something to do i might bike there ahead and make sure it is open and not too expensive and everything first :).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:13 pm 
Rabbit

Good journal yourself! Detailed and nice program. Best of luck with your goals!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:24 am 
Rabbit

Haven't written much lately but everything has been good :) Recently got a pair of vibrams and i LOVE them and enjoy running so much more! Ran too much after getting them though so now i have gotten some new shoe blisters lol. As soon as they heal though i am back to it!
I feel like my diet could use a bit of an improvement. Haven't been eating anything bad but i feel like i am eating a bit too many carbs (what can i say i love noodles? x) ). I have convinced my mom to do a 7 day detox with me and so in the next week or two i will begin that and hopefully reduce my daily need for carbs or die trying ;). I have also become like addicted to oatmeal! It has a weird way of satisfying my sweet tooth even though i never add sugar and my soymilk/coconut milk is sugar free. SO YUMMY!

I have been doing wonderfully lately and have been energized, happier, and i worry less now too :).
Looking forward to Friday so I can have my weekly fried potatoes and possibly a piece of homemade coffee cake! Muahaha!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:21 pm 
Rabbit

Haven't gotten for a while but everything is going quite well :) The gym is closed for 3 days for China's tomb sweeping festival so i decided to start a food diary and my eating has decreased a LOT with like no effort. I am really hoping my decreased appetite combined with my more frequent jogging and yoga sessions will help me finally lose this last little bit of fat! and Gym is back open today so that helps too x). Summer is also on it's way and it has become quite warm here so there is also the possibility of going swimming! :D

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:04 pm 
VBB Moderator

Yeah thanks for the late warning, I'm appauled! My virgin vegan straightedge eyes! They're burning, burning! Hows that for a joke a month late on the timing?
Everything going well still? Hitting your fitness goals?

-Dylan

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:09 am 
Rabbit

Haha.
Ya i am doing pretty well. i have been improving. slowly but steadily =).

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:36 am 
VBB Moderator

Excellent. That's really for the best. Quick fixes and instant results rarely seem to be positive in the long run.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:36 am 
Rabbit

Wow haven't been on here in forever!! I have been doing great though. Enjoying my extra time this summer. I have taken up yoga and belly dancing and have been loving them both. My flexibility has dramatically improved. I have also gained some muscle :). I need to post some pictures soon and do more of an update.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:49 am 
Rabbit

Wow i haven't been on here in forever! I have still been working out =) I have gained 10kg since i last posted on here and have been going up in the weights i can lift =). Recently deadlifted 80kg, squated 75kg, benched on incline 50kg and did 10 pull ups =D I have also recently taken up Zumba and swimming once a week.

Attachments:
IMG_4163.JPG
IMG_4163.JPG [ 238.73 KiB | Viewed 1785 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:59 am 
Rabbit

Took this the day i made my 10 pull up goal (all the way down and chin over the bar). I love pull ups =)

Attachments:
File comment: I'm mid pull up in this one but it was my favorite pic
IMG_4167.JPG
IMG_4167.JPG [ 228.8 KiB | Viewed 1783 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:03 am 
Rabbit

One more pic :)

Attachments:
IMG_4174.JPG
IMG_4174.JPG [ 241.99 KiB | Viewed 1784 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:05 am 
Rabbit

I am happy with my muscle gains but still needing to lose some fat before ill be happy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next