Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dylan Kasprzyk's Brooklyn Training Journal
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:51 am 
Rabbit

...I've always wanted to make vegan escargot. Buy little shell-substitutes and whatnot....?

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:40 pm 
VBB Moderator

Yes! try it and let me know how it goes and how you made it please! I have vegan caviar the other day made out of seaweed. It was amazing. It looked and tasted like the real thing. Slightly different in taste but still very good. I was on an appetizer, a piece of bread with truffle oil and avocado. Yum thinking about it makes me want it again.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:59 pm 
VBB Moderator

Today's a rest day aka soccer game night. I would normally do push ups and planks at least but our hot water heater broke and we havent had hot water for 3 days.... so I am not wanting to get sweaty unless Im going to shower at the gym or at my gf's place.
Caught a slight cold. I thought it was allergies but I don't think so. Dang I never get sick. I think the germs in NYC are more hardcore than on the west coast. I need to remember to wash my hands every time after I take the subway. Maybe I should start carrying hand sanitizer too.
Tomorrow will be an arms, shoulders and back day at the gym for sure though.

Been eating some good salads. They have been more like stir-fry's actually because I have been lightly cooking like half of the ingredients. Brussel sprouts have made their way into the line-up. I am still on a beets craze. I need to find a place that sells bulk hemp seeds though, that's what I've been missing/craving lately.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:40 pm 
VBB Moderator

Okay I haven't been keeping up with this lately because I havent been working out regularly....frustrating, I started a new part time job and its been physically draining me. Anyone have any tips on how to motivate yourself to workout before, after or on days off when working a physically demanding job?

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:03 pm 
Site Admin

You been working at TJ?

How is it?

I find it to be a bit easier to train before work on work-days knowing that after work I'm more likely to be tired and have the desire to take it easy.

Keep after it!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:07 pm 
VBB Moderator

Good advice, and I agree, I usually like to start my dad with a workout if possible. Looking forward to it tomorrow when I don't need to be into work until noon.

In other Dylan Journal news my soccer team Messi Sheets finished the regular season in 4th of 11 teams and we start the play offs this week. We are going the distance.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:25 pm 
VBB Moderator

Typo *Day not dad. I usually like to start with my dad with insults on how he is old and fat....

Back to the gym today for the first time in 12 days...ruh roh. Took it easy and it felt good. A tiny bit of cardio on the tread, followed by a half-hour of arms and back.

Soccer playoffs start tomorrow, and we're ready!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:57 pm 
Site Admin

haha!

Nice way to start your dad.

And also nice soccer team name. haha!

PS my sister says hi. She says she's seen you on facebook and digs the beard. I talked to her the other day. Might visit her in Indiana on my way to NY when I set out on my drive this weekend.

See you in a few weeks. Will keep you updated on my slow moving travels.

Big NBA game tonight!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:08 pm 
VBB Moderator

I will get at your sister on FB and say hi. Where in Indiana does she live? I have been wanting to to visit Bloomington.

Today in Dylan's fitness journal a workout from home with the help of Robert's 5 min workout from anywhere demonstrated on the home page of VBBF.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:04 pm 
Site Admin

Nice, dude!

Yeah, she's in Bloomington and I think I'll go visit her on my way to NYC. I'm in Louisiana today. I love driving around freely from place to place, staying in little motels along the way. Staying in a northern LA town tonight and just watched the B-ball game at a Sushi bar eating avocado rolls and hanging out with the staff.

Good times.

Right now all 4 of us are in 4 dif states. Ryan in Oregon, Clarke in Colorado, Tanya in Indiana and me living in Texas. Pretty spread out these days, but Tanya is heading back to PDX in a few weeks I believe.

Glad you're doing some total body workout stuff. Have fun!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:08 am 
VBB Moderator

Is she moving back to Portland or just going back to visit?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:33 pm 
Site Admin

She's moving back to Portland in a few weeks. I'm driving up to see her on Monday.

Just had a grad school program in Indiana, but home is still in Portland for her.

Have a great one dude. I know you're staying busy.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:25 pm 
VBB Moderator

Don't forget to hit me up, I want to hang and I also want to snag some things from yeah. Nick is trying to work for Giac if he still needs someone to work that event. Or if you know of others, (Daiya girls maybe :)) that would be in need of some help at the fest.

Yesterday I worked out at the gym the same day as a physical day at work for the first time. I had been avoiding doing that. I actually think I felt better. The work day didnt seem as long. I did take it easy in the gym, only about 25 mins. I have a new outlook on it now.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:10 pm 
VBB Moderator

Not sure how many of you are reading each others journals, or specifically mine, because of some much rambling that I do. I am looking for some new back training exorcises, the ones I have been doing are boring me but I need to keep the back in shape.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:00 pm 
VBB Moderator

Working out with @iamnickjackson (follow him on twitter) again tonight. Our last workout got in some inverted bench presses for the first time for me. I like them, they really seemed to target lower chest muscles I don't normally work that much. We'll see what is in store for tonight. Maybe a leg workout. I hear Mr. Cheeke is in the big apple, maybe he'll have time to join us?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next