Synny's training journal

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what you have posted about your meals and what you ate, I would think that you could build and not gain any weight. In fact, with all your cardio, you might even continue to lose weight! He might up your protein macros just alittle if you start to lift heavy and are not recovering fast enough.

Maybe you could even do mini goals of bulking and cutting. Like one month bulk (lift heavy but eat clean) and then the next month do a cutting regiment (cut back on eating, maintain weights, and up cardio).

Where are your pics?

So last night I forgot to do any kind of journal work. Between my email and phone blowing up I was a popular lil girl. Guess the proverbial beat them away with a stick or the guys will be beating down the door to get to know me quotes come to mind. Granted 6 out of 10 were just for a random hook up but the others seemed cool. Guess this is what happens when you put a dating ad out online??? But I did manage to get in 45 min on the step mil at lvl 5. I actually ran out of water yesterday while on it!

Well today was literally a shitty day at work....well close to the end of my day that is. Was very excited to get off work and get to the gym cause it was my first night back to real lifting and omg it felt great!!!!! I did make a pit stop at the health food store for sprouted tofu... each package has 60g protein. I know I shouldn't but damn it is easy to eat the entire package everyday!

Breakfast: 1/2c oats cooked in water, 2 tbsp dark chocolate dreams, 1 banana

Snack: 2 servings protein powder, 1 orange

Lunch: 2 tbsp rice vinegar, 2 tsp coconut aminos, 1 tsp chili garlic sauce, 1/3 block tofu, 8 oz broccoli, 1/2c brown rice, 1/3 onion

Snack: 1/3 block tofu, red grapes

Snack: Same as lunch minus the rice

Pre workout: 2 servings protein powder

Dinner: 1c frozen fruit, 2 servings protein powder blended into a smoothie

Chest, shoulders, triceps

Flat bench press: 1 warmup set 55 lbs 10 reps, 65 lbs 8 reps, 75 lbs 8 reps, 2 sets 85 lbs 6 reps

Incline bench press: 65 lbs 8 reps, 75 lbs 8 reps, 2 sets 80 lbs 6 reps

Decline press: 4 sets 65 lbs 8 reps

Incline flyes: 15 lbs 8 reps, 3 sets 20 lbs 8 reps

Lat raise: 5 sets 10 lbs 10 reps

Overhead press: 5 sets 15 lbs 10 reps

V bar press down: 4 sets 50 lbs 8 reps (for some reason the pulley felt totally different tonight could be the side I used)

Dumbbell tricep extension: 20 lbs 8 reps, 3 sets 25 lbs 8 reps

Pushups: 2 sets 20 reps

Cardio: 20 min AM walk with dog, 25 min elliptical lvl 5 weight loss program

Not a happy camper with my body right now. Although I probably shouldn't be upset I am..... 181.6!!! WTF??? Granted no BM yesterday and so far not today, I did change to heavier lifting yesterday and haven't slept much the past 2 nights out of my own stupidity..... but still very frustrating.

Remember that muscle tissue that has been torn, does contain a bit more water - due to inflammation of repair and recovery. A pound or two fluctuations may be the norm for you now that you are lifting heavy. Also do not rule out how much a BM can be! especially if it is sprouted tofu driven (^.^)!

@Orkid it is super firm so it is the texture of regular tofu and has 12g protein per serving!! A little more bang for my buck. I know I probably should consume this much soy but I love the stuff! It works much better with my broccoli and rice in a stir fry over lentils or beans... I like lentils and beans in the winter cause I eat a lot of stews, soups and chili not exactly summery foods....

@Gaia I know I shouldn't be hard on myself but it is sad to see the scale go up. It wasn't until I put on my scrubs that I started to feel better. I pulled the pants up and let go of them for a second to grab the strings to tie them and the pants fell down. Even the top is fitting loose. I no longer can wear large scrubs and have to move down to medium which makes me feel so much better.

My chest has been talking to me so I just might have to up my glutamine intake to the full dose instead of half a dose. Tonight is back/biceps/boot camp so I am in for a total butt thrashing! I have to decide if I want to do any form of cardio other than a light walk around the track after I get done lifting before boot camp. Who knows will see how I feel after I lift. Which by the way it feels great being able to go back to my lifts that I used to love to do and see a slight increase in weight! Can't wait to see what I do tonight with my back.....

I think boot camp might be a no go tonight. Without any notice I was asked to mow the law at work. Almost 2 hrs it took me and drained me. Ate my afternoon snack with a double stuffed oreo for a quick sugar boost. Hasn't helped and neither is the hammerhead coffee (iced coffee with a shot of espresso in it)... Think it will be back and biceps then bed!

Tuckered out, pooped, exhausted or whatever other term for tired is how I feel. SOOOOO I am going to listen to my body and call it a way early night! Going to avoid my cell phone, email and laptop as soon as I am done with this.

Breakfast: 1/2c dry oats cooked in water, 1 banana, 2 tbsp dark chocolate dreams

Snack: 2 servings protein powder

Lunch: 1/3 block sprouted tofu, 8 oz broccoli, 1/4c brown rice cooked in water, 1/3 onion, 2 tbsp rice vinegar, 1 tsp coconut aminos, 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tsp chili garlic sauce

Snack: 2 double stuff oreos, hammerhead with soy, 1/3 block sprouted tofu, 1/3 onion, 8 oz broccoli, small sweet potato, 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, 2 tbsp rice vinegar, 1 tsp coconut aminos, 1 tsp chili garlic sauce

Post workout: 2 servings protein powder, 5 glutamine

Bedtime snack: 1c frozen mixed berries, tsp dark chocolate dreams, 5 glutamine blended into smoothie

Cardio: 25 min AM walk with dog, 90 min lawn mowing with push mower

Back/biceps

Superset

Iso row: 1 warmup set 45 lbs 8 reps, 55 lbs 8 reps, 65 lbs 8 reps, 2 sets 70 lbs 8 reps

Upright row: 1 warmup set 30 lbs 8 reps, 2 sets 40 lbs 8 reps, 2 sets 50 lbs 8 reps

Back extensions: 8 reps, 3 sets 25 lbs 8 reps

Wide grip ez bar curls: 40 lbs 8 reps, 3 sets 50 lbs 8 reps

Narrow grip ez bar curls: 4 sets 40 lbs 8 reps

Alternating hammer curls: 20 lbs 8 reps, 3 sets 22.5 lbs 8 reps

Yes I know bad on the oreos but was seriously trying to boost my energy level so I could get through my back and biceps. Part of me did way to start and do bout camp but I was in bed by the time class started. I woke up to find 6 messages on my phone teasing me about missing boot camp. I feel so much better today think I will do the step mill before yoga. The scale said I was back down to 179.8 I will take that! I meet with the trainer today!!!! So excited to see him. It has been a month since my gym closed and we went our separate ways.

Yeah back down under 180! Just takes a day or two sometimes (and sometimes a week or so depending on the reason why the scale goes back up). I like how you knew you needed to boost your energy level to make it thru your workout, instead of just mindlessly eating the cookies! or emotionally eating the cookies! Just need to have an option available that is a better choice.

I want to hear how it went with the trainer. Is the trainer going to go to the gym you are now at? or are you going to change to the trainer's gym?

Gaia trainer is an awesome guy said he will give me my macro numbers and leave the diet up to me but wants to know what I will be eating lol. He has a shop that I will go to that is all free weight/body weight which I LOVE cause I really hate a lot of the machines cause I tend to get lazy and lose form. He wants me to do a 3 day split of chest/shoulders/tris, legs, back/biceps 2 of which I will work with him and I think I will alternate between chest and back days with him. I will keep going to my gym and he likes the idea of me keeping boot camp in the mix as a way to do my cardio. Yeah as for the oreos..... my options were chocolate covered graham crackers, angel food cake, potato chips, oreos, ice cream or honey nut cheerios.... the fruit was old and yucky looking lol. Yeah all I could handle was 2 oreos. They really didn't even taste good to me

Today was a pretty good day other than listening to man drama...... lord men whine when they can't get any!!!! BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Really tired of being the punching bag and feeling like I have to Rupologize (my new word) for their lives messing up! One day I will learn not to be the punching bag and start punching back!

Breakfast: 1/2c oats cooked in water, 2 tbsp dark chocolate dreams, 1 banana

Snack: 1 orange, 2 servings protein powder

Lunch: half block tofu, 8 oz broccoli, 1/2 onion, 1/4c brown rice cooked in water, 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, 2 tbsp rice vinegar, 1 tsp coconut aminos, 1 tsp chili garlic sauce

Snack: Same as lunch minus the rice add in small sweet potato

Post workout: 5 glutamine chewable tablets, 2 servings protein powder

Bedtime snack: 1c frozen fruit blended with 2 servings protein powder and water and 5 glutamine tables

Cardio: 25 min walk with dog, 15 min step mill lvl 5 fat burner, 50 min yoga

Legs

Warmups:

Walking lunges: 2 sets 20 reps, 2 sets 25 lbs 20 reps, 1 set 50 lbs 20 reps

Squats: 1 set 20 lbs, 4 sets 45 lbs 20 reps

Leg press: 2 sets 270 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 300 lbs 8 reps

Seated leg curl: 4 sets 105 lbs 10 reps

Leg extension: 2 sets 75 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 90 lbs 10 reps

Giant set:

Lying leg raises: 3 sets 20 reps

Crunch: 3 sets 20 reps

Twists: 3 sets 20 reps