Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Week 2 Journal {LMNGETFIT}
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:29 pm 
Gorilla

Lisa, you're so amazing. I've been off the forum for a while, but knew I could count on you to have stayed consistent through and through! Kudos to you for backing off the daily weigh-ins. You're right, that it can be far too frustrating and obsessive. And, yes, you should get a No Meat Athlete shirt! They have both the cotton and athletic/polyester types and in different colors. They're super great people, too!

I'll be back in my own place again soon and am anxious to try the HH eggless salad, based on your previous recommendation! :D

Keep up the stellar work, my friend!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:20 pm 
Rabbit

Karen-I've missed you- so glad to see you stop by-hope all is well!!

Tuesday: listened to my body and kept my workout to a minimum-
10 min treadmill
10 min various stretching & core work (50 ball crunches, 25 situps, 20 back extensions off ball)

Nutrition: focused on increased water & protein consumption-usually 1g protein per kg body wt

Wednesday: hit the pavement for a run
Did my course of 3.6 miles in ~42 mins which only included 3 min warmup walk!
HR 154-165 range 175-190 on hills (even though I'm in Kansas, it's NOT flat where I live!!)

Packing my bags-off to Vegas tomorrow to celebrate w/ my hubby- our 3rd yr anniversary!!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:34 am 
Rabbit

Thursday: home gym
elliptical level 6 20 mins
Treadmill brisk walk 10 mins
squats #5 dumbells 25x2
Dead lifts #5 15x1
Planks 1 min; side planks each side 30 secs
Ball crunches 25x2
Supermans 20x1
Stretching 10 mins

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:21 pm 
Rabbit

Vegas bound- YES I did pack my running shoes & shorts..... I'll see if they get put to use between now & Sunday!!! Haha
I do have 1-2 rest days built in to my program.......

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:45 pm 
Rabbit

Friday- Happy Friday- I write this via my phone while I'm poolside in fabulous Las Vegas!!! It's sunny, 90 degrees with a gusty wind!!! Ahhh perfect relaxation weather!!!

First, I'm thrilled I'm back rockin my bikini (haven't in a few yrs due to belly & self-consciousness!).... Feelin pretty good after my training so far!
Today we hit the strip & walked 2 miles or so- I did put my tennis shoes to use- ha!!
I checked out the gym BUT it looked packed which is great- just not for me! Today, I shall rest! Hey I did walk!

Nutrition: somewhat difficult here b/c gourmet rest. LOVE to use butter & oil in cooking- Wolfgang pucks rest lat night- I ordered veggies to go w/ my grilled sea bass (yes, fish is my go to food when traveling AnD I'm starving!!!!!) without butter- you would think I asked the chef to jump off a cliff- the waitress kept raising her eyebrows at me- I told my hubby - whatever!!! Her tip was the minimum!!!

Our room/suite has a blender- had a smoothie (Vega, apple & water) for breakfast..... Lunch was fabulous!!! The Grand Wok- crispy Tofu with veggie fried rice( carrots, edamame, & mushrooms).... Perfect!!! I even have leftovers for later!!! Yes!!

Tonights dinner before show is a Firefly- a Spanish tapas place that carries rave reviews from locals!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:02 pm 
Site Admin

Dropping in to say hi!

Have fun in Vegas!

Hope all is awesome!

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:40 am 
Gorilla

Hi Lisa! Congratulations on your bikini-clad bod! You go, girl! And a very Happy Anniversary to you and your husband! :heart:

You are amazing and my new heroine!!!! :D

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:19 pm 
Rabbit

Exhausted- will post on Wednesday......

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:52 pm 
Rabbit

Wednesday: a note before retiring to bed for much needed sleep! What a crazy week-I'm thinking I need a vacation to recover from my vacation! :). Vegas was and always will be fantastic-from the food, to entertainment to the sights and smells-I love Vegas!!! Firefly was delicious- many veggie options but not so much GF-that's ok-I ate plenty!
We didn't make it Wynn Buffett.....maybe nexta trip!

Upon returning, I'm going through a salt, alcohol & all things naughty and sinful detox-must get my body chemistry back to its baseline! I'm amazed at how just a few days straying from my norm of healthy habits reaks havoc on my system-ugh!! I pay for it!!!!!

These last couple days have been a struggle but I'm tough!

Sunday: travel day- no exercise & decreased appetite after a gluten exposure via soy sauce! Arrived back to KC just before evening tornados - thank goodness!

Monday: run day
30 min run
22 min walk
It was tough......long stressful work day!

Tuesday: another long day at work...... Squeezed in 20 min on elliptical- more to relieve stress than anything!!!! 20 squats, a plank 1 min, overhead press x25/1, ball crunches & then cool-down stretch 10 mins. My hubby got kiddos situated for evening so I could decompress- he's pretty special! (missed a pool day but life goes on!)

Wednesday: did a brick as scheduled.....
Bike 30 mins (unsure of mileage- didn't check odometer, rode for time today)
Immediate transition to 10 min run, HR stayed 155-165.... Felt decent! I did have continuous heartburn..... Got to fix that!! Again, need another vacation! :)

Tomorrow ..... Work dependent swim day or cross train day!

Nutrition is a work in progress...... Getting back in my routine!
Nite!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:33 pm 
Rabbit

Wahoo- swim day- oh how I missed the pool- been over a week- knocked out 500 yds.... Excited because the "bubble dome" on my gyms pool comes off in 5/14!!! Come the 17th I'll be swimming outside in sunshine baby!!! Can't wait for that vit D!!! And from what I hear, local lakes will open for swims memorial day weekend- need that open water practice before my first tri!!!

Nutrition: feeling much much better- actually craving veggies.... Sweet potatoes, broccoli, carrots, lentils- yum!!!
Late start at work tomorrow-plan is for crosstraining at home and a walk with my pooches!

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:31 pm 
Rabbit

Friday: late start at work so I got a home gym workout in......
Elliptical 30 mins-level 6
10 min stretching includes ball crunches 25x2, planks x2 1 min each
Okay work day..... Came home with upset tummy.

Saturday: scheduled run day BUT stomach troubles related to IBS flare up kept me inactive! I even took a 1.5 hour nap mid day!! Guess I have to listen to my body! Appetite was off-didnt eat much-just not hungry!

Sunday: time to make up for a day lost- woke feeling great!!! Hit the pavement early on my bike with my NEW road shoes....... WOW what a different proper equipment makes!!! I've been riding in tennis shoes/toe cages for convenience as well as fear of falling with clipping out-fear NO MORE!!! Riding today was much easier & smoother-Loved it!!! Got in 9 miles at 4 min mile (last 1.5 mile was cool down w/ much slower pace-12 MPH-lowers my to mile time!). Overall-felt pleased with my effort!!

After my ride, I went to driving range to hit golf balls-I'm playing in a best ball scramble for local corporate challenge next Sunday and I've not been out much- thankful it's best ball and my friend is a fantastic golfer!!!

Food: doing ok today- took my mom out for late lunch to favorite rest-Genghis Khan-enjoyed a tasty Tofu Mushroom Pot-had chef add spinach for more greens!! Yum!!! Have plenty for leftovers for tomorrow!!

Dome on gym pool being removed this week..... No swim til Friday. Will run & bike more instead!!! Need to work on sprints for speed!!

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:39 pm 
Rabbit

Monday: crazy early workday-0530 start!! I received a call from my hubby who landed in the ER before work or him with a kidney stone-talk about excruciating pain!!! Shortened my workday & been close by here at home with him while he's dopey-fingers are crossed for a quick passing if this 4.4 mm stone!!!

I kept my run today to the treadmill! I'm fairly sore upper and lower body after yesterdays activities.
Treadmill: walking warmup 10 mins
2 10 min runs with 2 min walk in between.... Varied speed & incline keeping my HR 145-165
Next 5 min alternated 1min sprints w/ 1 min walks finished up with cool down walk for total of 45 mins

20 min circuit workout with upper body & core workout.
5 min stretching legs

Diet: doing ok today..... Focused on protein intake & water consumption

My first triathlon is 4 weeks away-Fathers Day to be exact!! :)

A friend of mine & I are considering another tri in August before our scheduled one in September!! Wahoo!

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:30 pm 
Rabbit

Tuesday: for some reason, I keep thinking its Wednesday...... Ugh-ready for weekend!
Still sore this morning and left knee is tender on medial aspect-more on tibial side-like a bruise..... I jarred it yest while doing the last set of sprints!!! Iced it a few times today as well as 800mg ibuprofen.....
Workout: a yoga DVD -40 mins- felt great & minimal impact.....
Food: did well until Mexican carry out from a fav rest.....chips are my weakness with the delicious beans....at least the beans had NO lard! :)

Hoping for a bike ride tomorrow.....

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:40 pm 
Gorilla

Hey there, Lisa! Sorry to hear about your husband's issues... How is he doing now? You are Super Woman, aren't you? Wow, you're amazing with all that you do.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:41 pm 
Rabbit

Wednesday:short work day but busy otherwise- got an excellent workout in at park where my upcoming triathlon will be held.....I had heard the bike course which is 2 - 4.5 mile laps can be challenging...... These people do not lie!! I met my goal for today of 2 laps..... Not as fast as I'd like but I'm okay with my pace due to it was a new and unfamiliar route!! Talk about HILLS..... Ugh! My pulse was 165-180 which is high for a bike ride for me..... Previous routes had my pulse 140-175 max on hills! New goal is to get my heart rate down in between hills.

After my ride, I got crazy and decided to walk the trail for the 2.4 mile part of tri..... Legs were only semi-jello so I opted to jog!! I didn't watch my time due to this new route...... Went farther than planned ( 4 miles maybe?!?) because i was out to far to turn back......did walk/jogging for 51 mins. My heart stayed nicely between 145-165.... Felt great!!!

Came home, cooled off & had Vega performance protein smoothie( thanks Robert!) - love these - so tasty... I throw in 2 TBS of powdered PB & use vanilla soy milk....not hungry for much else!! I'm beat but in a good way-love the endorphins!!

Also, before I started my ride today, I chatted with a guy about the tri course at this park. He's done the tri the previous 4-5 years- long course which is Olympic distance I believe. He's recently ran the Boston marathon and even did an Ironman last year!!! He casually mentioned he'd just finished 9 bike laps...... I chuckled as I mentioned my goal was 2!! I told him how I was hooked on tris & the training for 3 sports- his encouraging reply, " just wait, you'll be doing an Ironman here in a few years!" Hhmmmm maybe I will?!? Baby steps first......

Not sure about tomorrows plan..... Swim if pool open; if not cross train as body allows! :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next