New to the group

mysticmerman

Hi. New to the group from San Diego, California. I've been a vegetarian for over twenty years (vegan for about half that), but mostly for animal rights issues. Over the last several years, I've become more interested in nutrition, whole food, raw, etc. In the last year, I've decided to get into shape and have been going to the gym fairly regularly. All the vegan bodybuilding exposure in the media lately has really piqued my interest in getting into really great shape for the first time in my life. I'm 43 and feel better than I've felt in years. I have a long way to go, but I'm motivated and have a good foundation in nutrition. I'm here to learn and share my progress. Thank you for creating this forum.

Welcome to the group!

Great to have you here! San Diego is a great place. I haven't been in a while but used to visit every once in a while and enjoyed it. I've heard it is becoming a really vegan-friendly place these days.

All the best with your health and fitness goals!

-Robert

Thanks Robert. San Diego is a great place. We have quite a few vegan options, including a new restaurant that just opened up called Casa de Luz, which started in Austin, Texas. Their menu is all vegan, organic and whole food. Thanks again for the welcome. I look forward to being part of this group.

Welcome aboard, Mystic Merman! I like your name!

Great to have you here. I'm learning that being as healthy and fit as we can be as veg*ns is sometimes the best form of animal rights outreach we can do! Keep up the great work, and we'll see you around the forum!

I'm 43 and feel better than I've felt in years.

Less than a year away from ya, handsome, and lovin' the serene 40's. How awesome is it to be able to combine decades of wisdom with a retained sense of childlike enthusiasm and curiosity? Come on in, merman, the water's fine.

Baby Herc

I'm 43 and feel better than I've felt in years.

Less than a year away from ya, handsome, and lovin' the serene 40's. How awesome is it to be able to combine decades of wisdom with a retained sense of childlike enthusiasm and curiosity? Come on in, merman, the water's fine.

Baby Herc

Baby Herc, I LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about this post!!!!!!!

• 4 months later...