Vegan Mass building Supplement

royfokker

I switched from a hydro isolate whey protein powder to Vega One about 6 months ago, however I went from 193lbs to 183lbs. I want to get back to 193lbs and eventually to 200lbs. Can anyone recommend a non soy supplement I can ad to my Vega one Shake? Pea, Bean, Brown rice?

When it comes to protein powders, I'm partial to Vega performance protein, but I try to work in extra brown rice and pea protein.

I use these two, both are non-GMO and rated as suitable vegans:

NOW Sports Pea protein has 28g of protein in a 33g serving, 4,800mg BCAAs, and 2,000 mg of L-Arginine.

North Coast Naturals brown rice protein has 12g protein in 1 tbsp and 0.5g of each omega-3 and omega-6.

What else did you change?

Did you change total caloric intake? Macronutrient % changes?

Change in training or lifestyle?

I'm interested to learn what other aspects in the bigger picture may have changed.

I would encourage you to eat more plant-based whole foods, especially heavy foods such as potatoes, yams, brown rice, lentils, beans, quinoa, etc.

All the very best!

Hope you get back up there and break that 200lb mark!

-Robert

Darcy what is the difference between the vega one and the performance protein? i prob have decreased my caloric content because i am not a vegan however ever since i have switched to vega instead of a whey supplement i have started eating way less meat.

Darcy what is the difference between the vega one and the performance protein? i prob have decreased my caloric content because i am not a vegan however ever since i have switched to vega instead of a whey supplement i have started eating way less meat.

The Performance Protein just has more protein. I think 1 servings has about 12 fewer calories than the Vega One, but around twice the protein at 26g.