Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gaia's Cut
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:16 pm 
Elephant

Back to normal today (normal as in dieting and being able to handle/control it). Did Back this afternoon, and raised the weights for my supersets even (4 sets of 25 reps between 2 exercises), and I did a heavy set at the end: tried to do my PBs from bulking season, and I was able to lift it for at least 6 reps - so I was happy!

I did a 5 mile trail run this morning after a night of thunderstorms. Everything was wet and smelled wonderful - the honeysuckle is just about to peak here (the whole trail smells like that sweet sickly smell - which wafts over you as you jog by - and I like it). It is getting cool now at night, and I guess a trail walk for tonight will be OK (the alternative is the step mill at the gym. . . maybe both. . but I shouldn't push it so much or I will have a day like yesterday where I just need to sleep all day to recharge my body's battery).

Carb loading on a binge disaster the night before ends up with fuller looking muscles at least (definition is sacrificed though) the next day. I like that at least - plus I have alot more energy. And the BMs! Makes one feel lighter. The scale doesn't lie to you though. 155 this time (not so bad as the 159 like last time - so just like jungleinthefrunk it goes up, but not as bad as last week's cheat).

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:12 pm 
Elephant

Glad you are feeling better! I know the smell of honeysuckle is intoxicating!!

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:41 pm 
Site Admin

I read about Michigan during my flight to Chicago today. Michigan is one of five states I've never been to (aside from the Detroit airport).

The article was about Traverse City, which sounds like a lovely place.

Some day I gotta get out there.

Hope you have a great weekend!

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:24 pm 
Elephant

Traverse City is a very nice city. I like to call it the Spa town, as it is geared toward tourists that are into that stuff. Cherry festival is fun and delicious (as long as the weather permits it to be! that is Michigan! LOL!).

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:33 pm 
Elephant

Beautiful Cinco de Mayo today. Went for the usual morning cardio of a trail jog for 5 miles (getting under an hour now), with overcast sky and a faint tinkle of mist at the beginning, but it disappeared by the time I had turned around and headed back towards home. Did a little high intensity sprint at the end of my jog - full ball of foot strike on the stride - vibrams do not offer much cushion - my calves hurt the next day! Which is fine with me, need to build them up too.

Did Arms at the gym. I tried to go heavy after supersetting with the light weights for high reps. Yeah, that went OK after the first superset, and I was having a hard time just doing the supersets after that one time of lifting heavy. Can't do both today. Maybe I will change up my routine by doing a heavy session after I get done with this session of supersetting my whole body. Take a week to do each body part heavy, with a day of rest when I need it to repair and recover.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:13 pm 
Elephant

I am so jealous of your trail runs.... Haven't seen the trails in over a month and lost my hiking partner. I think Teddy is going to have to build up his stamina for trails lol!!

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:40 am 
Elephant

If I didn't have my trail runs, and had to only do cardio in the gym, I wouldn't have made it this far! I need my nature to function properly!

I remember the trip to Zion National Park, and I was so envious of this guy that got to run Walter's Wiggle every morning!

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:50 am 
Elephant

I am trying to figure out when I am going to be able to mow because everyone is still sleeping and they are calling for scattered thunderstorms off and on all day...... rained so much this week the trails will be far to muddy. Tried that once alone and well wasn't the smartest idea I have had

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:58 pm 
Elephant

you love to torture me posting about your runs! ;)

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:13 pm 
Elephant

I just wish I could run....

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:38 pm 
Elephant

jungleinthefrunk wrote:
you love to torture me posting about your runs!

Aw sorry Jungle!

By the way, you are looking more and more like you are ready to get up on stage!

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:52 pm 
Elephant

Today I did my usual morning cardio with the sun shining and a nice cool 60 degrees. Had to go to Whole Foods early, and did not even look in the Chiptole direction. Instead I saw eggplant manicotti in the deli display and got 2 of those to try - yum! they would be good hot with marinara sauce, but I ate them cold anyways! Just spiced up crumbled tofu (food processor) with a baked eggplant rolled around it. Simple and delicious!

I came home, ate meal #3, and fell asleep as I finished one load of laundry on the bed. Woke up at 3PM, and headed to the gym to do Chest. Did the same as last time (same weights, same reps, same sets) but switched up the order of the exercises. The last machine was the HammerStrength Chest Press #2 and I just sat on it and did only 15 reps for 4 sets, and closed my eyes inbetween sets. So physically tired today. Third day in a row of morning cardio and aerobic workouts. Maybe I should do 2 days on, 1 day off - to see if I can take it physically. Because today I was just going thru the motions, and then resting between sets at the end!

Still not down to 152 this week. and I really don't care today.

I was amazed at how fast I can down a protein shake made with water today. I had missed one because of my nap, and I needed to get it into me before I headed for the gym. I think I had it gone in three gulps (with glumps too because those stuck to my mouth!).

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:07 pm 
Elephant

omg that manicotti sounds heavenly!!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:52 am 
Elephant

152.8 this morning! Had a hard time waking up today as it is gloomy and rainy outside today. Have to get up and start working off that .8 !!!

I have gotten to the point where I need the Lipo6 just to feel normal energy for the day. At least I am only on 1 capsule still. Probably next month I will need to do the normal usuage of 2 in the morning and 2 in the early afternoon that they recommend.

Rainy and tired (Lipo6 has not kicked in yet LOL) makes for no morning cardio for Gaia. Need to go to the store and buy another jogging bra - smaller size! The bottom band is too loose and causing a chafing rash just under them again.

Delts are on the agenda for the afternoon, and probably the stepmill for night time cardio.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:57 am 
Elephant

yay on 152.8!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21  Next