Synny's training journal

Your trainer sounds pretty cool, at least from your perspective - and that is all that counts! Make sure you give him pointers on how to motivate you to push pass plateaus and reach for new goals. And you can teach him all about being a vegan athlete since he wants to know what you are eating!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soooo I decided to give my tummy a bit of a break from tofu this weekend and will be making white bean and roasted mushroom soup, balsamic roasted mushrooms and brussels sprouts, and coconut-lemon meltaways (raw cookies). I plan on sharing the cookies lol! Today is just going to be cardio since I am going to start with the trainer tomorrow so boot camp in 90 mins! I might go up early and get a lil step mill in just to get my juices flowing to my sore lower body. By the time I get home I will be to pooped to journal so night all!

So I was out running an errand and started craving a creamy blended coffee drink loaded with sugar and calories but opted for a passion green tea. Got back to work and fixed me a ice water with raw apple cider in it. They sure did hit the spot

Ok first day with trainer and I thought I liked him before but now... I luvs him!! I don't like that we will be doing my body fat %, BMI and weight at the end of the day after all the food I eat......He had me doing 2 things I never would have done on my own. He wants me on a 1605 calorie diet which means I now have to majorly tweak my diet!!!! Any ideas on how to do it??? I intend on cutting my peanut butter and banana intake in half but need more than that. Wish me luck on that lol. He is letting me keep my cinnamon roll once a week yay!!! Finally starting to feel better after the major thrashing I dished out on legs day.

Breakfast: 1/2c dry oats cooked in water, 2 tbsp dark chocolate dreams, 1 banana

Snack: 2 naval oranges, 2 servings protein powder

Lunch: 8 oz tofu, 8 oz broccoli, 1/4 onion, 1/4 dry brown rice cooked, 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, 2 tbsp rice vinegar, 1 tsp chili garlic sauce, 1 tsp coconut aminos

Snack: 8 oz tofu, 8 oz broccoli, 1 small sweet potato, 1/4 onion, 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, 2 tbsp rice vinegar, 1 tsp chili garlic sauce, 1 tsp coconut aminos

Post workout: 1 packet vega recovery accelerator, 1 1/2c frozen fruit, 2 servings protein powder

Bedtime: 2 servings protein powder

Cardio: 15 min walk around the track, 50 min yoga, 30 min step mill manual lvl 5

Incline pull ups: 3 sets 15 reps my forearms were on fire!!!! Even my trainer was like damn those are pretty solid.

Superset

Band rows: 3 sets 20 reps

Upright row: 2 sets 15 lbs 20 reps 1 set 20 lbs 20 reps

Superset

Band assisted pull ups: 2 sets 15 reps, 1 set 20 reps

Dumbbell bicep curl: 3 sets 15 lbs 15 reps

Giant set

Ez bar curl: 1 set 35 lbs 20 reps, 2 sets 40 lbs 20 reps

Double crunch: 3 sets 20 reps

Bent over reverse flye: 3 sets 15 lbs 20 reps

Superset

Superman: 2 sets 1 min

Plank: 2 sets 1 min

Snack: 8 oz tofu, 8 oz broccoli, 1 small sweet potato, 1/4 onion, 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, 2 tbsp rice vinegar, 1 tsp chili garlic sauce, 1 tsp coconut aminos

Idea: Make this a salad instead, and take 1 scoop of protein powder from the bedtime's 2 scoops of protein powder (one should be good for the nighttime, as you have 2 scoops after your workout - which is when you need it the most).

I usually sautee that together into like a stir-fry. I am not a fan of raw onions I sometimes forget to take my bedtime shake and since I usually journal long before bed I add it in just in case I remember Each serving is only 56 calories and only has 11g protein. I would love to be able to afford a higher quality protein but that is why I double up....

In an effort to lower my calorie intake and keep my protein intake high I pulled out my Get Healthy, Go Vegan cookbook... So far I have found a couple recipes that are gluten free and don't use tofu in them. I am trying to cut back on my tofu intake from an entire block down to half a block would be nice lol. Found a baker at farmer's market willing to make a peach coconut mango crumble for me that is vegan and gluten free. I just need to talk her into cutting the sugar content from 3/4c down to maybe 1/4c. I really want to enjoy the flavors of the peach and mango melding together in blissful harmony

I am more concerned for the hunger pangs that might come from cutting your portions in half. I just wanted you to know that salad fixings: veggies actually, can be eaten in mass quantities and not raise your caloric intake that much! LOL! A head of lettuce doesn't do much for the tastebuds though, but it fills the stomach! Sort of . . . sugar pea pods and sweet red bell peppers and grape tomatoes are also good for munching on and filling up the tummy.

My trainer said like every 8-9 days then have a higher calorie day not even a cheat meal really. He wants it spread throughout the day. I think I might have nailed down my meal plan. 132g protein and just under 1600 calories. Carbs and fat I haven't figured yet but will still get with my teacher's coach to discuss meal plans and price. Had to work and do some running around but managed to get in 45 min lvl 5 fat burner program on the step mill. Tomorrow I intend on doing an hour on it along with some calf work and maybe try to improve on the incline pull ups my trainer has me doing so that I am not struggling once I get to rep 8 lol. Had a date tonight and we went to see the Raven. This was our 3rd date and I didn't feel a spark.... I actually wanted to slip my number the guy sitting by us who joined in our conversation multiple times. But I felt it would be rude. My date wanted to continue the evening but I excused myself with the excuse I have been up since 6 and hadn't had dinner... he seemed depressed about it though. I don't have the heart to hurt him.

Like I said I think I have my meal plan nailed will show him Monday but I am sure he will be cool with it as long as I can prove it is at the calorie count he wants. Thank god for Get Healthy, Go Vegan cookbook! It has macros with each recipe I love cheating!!! Will cut out the banana altogether, cut peanut butter in half, switch to an apple instead of oranges, lunch will be salad with tofu no dressing and caramelized onions with lentils and brown rice, baked great northern beans with chiles and will end the day with some tofu. Will mix in protein shakes for good measure This cuts me way back on my tofu intake but doesn't eliminate it altogether

Huh, I feel like "love" is crashing and burning all around me.

Anyway..... My friend usually talked about "carb day".... I'm guessing that's a lot like a cheat meal or a high calorie day.

It's so awesome that you have a trainer now! You've done so much on your own, I can't wait to see you continue to transform!

I think I am going to go 8 days set calories on 9th day eat higher. So game plan will be continue to buy cinnamon roll but freeze it until higher cal day and found a box of vegan and gluten free mac and chreese alfredo style going to try on that day too. I am also spending the day working on organizing my room. I need to get rid of some stuff and organize things better so that I have more room. Shoulda bought a shoe rack for my closet door...